Author Topic: Siliconera: Nanashi No Game Was Considered For NA, Focus Groups Killed It

Eusis

• View Profile
Focus Groups tend to be pretty effective at determining what will make dollars.  Is this a cool, niche concept?  Yeah.  Would it be a good RoI?  Probably not.

We also tend to see the worst (like this) publicized. Even though they can also be used to realize when something may genuinely be stupid or in the case of a game needs tuning for balance. I do think "not shooting things" is probably the kind of advice best ignored, or at least used as a reason to aim less towards the typical gamer and see if you can reach out to a more expanded audience if possible; it IS a DS game rather than a 360 or PS3 one. Not that I'd be surprised if there were more issues the focus group had with the game and that was just one that stuck out in his head when interviewed.

Sorrows Saturn

• View Profile
I think this game would have had a decent chance of doing well in America, if it were released in 2008 or 2009. But now it's 2011, and the 3DS has released, a niche title like this probably would do horribly.

...I'll still hope for a download only version though.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.