Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334415 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History  (Read 9701 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 02:18:51 AM »

This will probably get you even more excited then. Also the article causally mentioned that it has both on-line and off-line play, which brings its own potential awesomeness.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »

I'll see how it goes. The screenshots look good, but the description made it sound really boring.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »

I love the artwork and this will end up being one of my favorite PSP games.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 11:44:28 AM »

Will this even come to USA?

I don't have any basis but I have a feeling we'll stop seeing new releases here
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 12:27:08 PM »

I agree, we saw the same type of onslaught from the snes - n64 transition. No love for a LOT of rpgs that were too close to the death of snes to come over here.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »

I agree, we saw the same type of onslaught from the snes - n64 transition. No love for a LOT of rpgs that were too close to the death of snes to come over here.

And unlike the SNES (or PS1 and PS2) the PSP isn't pulling strong still in software sales. ON THE OTHER HAND none of those had the digital distribution method, or even plans to allow the prior gen games to be released and upgraded for the new console, so if retail is out of the question for a lot of titles then at least maybe they'll go and put them on the PSN, or release them as VITA games instead (and probably give the system an unusually strong first year).
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »

you have a good point Eusis, especially since the Vita doesn't use the UMD.

It'd be sweet if the stars lined up like that, late-gen PSP games flocking over to the Vita.

Of course that'd suck for those who can't afford a new system.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »

Of course that'd suck for those who can't afford a new system.

Between never getting them at all or having to get a new system for them I'd take the latter, at worst you wait a few more years.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 06:02:20 PM »

Only having the Vita memory card version at retail might make sense, but even if they go that route there is no reason not to have it on the PSN.  Especially since all Vita games are supposed to have PSN versions.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »

All Vita games are stated to have simultaneous retail/digital releases, though I guess they could always make it a Vita-exclusive anyway. Seems more likely in the case of something like Type-0.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »

And unlike the SNES (or PS1 and PS2) the PSP isn't pulling strong still in software sales. ON THE OTHER HAND none of those had the digital distribution method, or even plans to allow the prior gen games to be released and upgraded for the new console, so if retail is out of the question for a lot of titles then at least maybe they'll go and put them on the PSN, or release them as VITA games instead (and probably give the system an unusually strong first year).

I'll believe it when I see the Growlanser games on the PSN.

Until then, WHERE'S GROWLANSERS DAMMIT!?! (Also VC3?)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »

There's always certain cases where the publisher simply wouldn't care to localize a game unless there were a guranteed million sales, and I'm thinking Growlanser's one of those (disappointingly, although I can live). VC might be JUST a big enough deal for Sega, plus they might be able to both gain back good will from their niche fans (as much as you can get anyway) while getting a strong foot in the door for the Vita if they just put it there.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »

Forget this game and VC3 (and Growlanser, hahahahahaha...oh wait, you were serious...), we might not even get Type-0.  The PSP is officially dead in the west...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »

That is preposterously pessimistic, I take "unsure" to mean more "We aren't really sure just how we'll release this in the west" than "we don't know if we even will". I'm half expecting either a PSVita launch-period title or even a console release; given the size of the game the latter definitely seems doable though I'd prefer a portable release given that's what it's designed around.

Though if they seriously do skip it entirely then... yeah, JRPGs really are about dead outside of Japan, if not entirely, but that just doesn't seem likely.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:12:53 AM by Eusis » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 12:13:50 AM »

dot dot dot

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: