Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337940 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History  (Read 10188 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »

Forget this game and VC3 (and Growlanser, hahahahahaha...oh wait, you were serious...), we might not even get Type-0.  The PSP is officially dead in the west...

Jesus... did 3rd Birthday and the FFIV remake sell that poorly?
Must take a lot to get Squeenix to reconsider a Western release.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »

dot dot dot

BLAAAAAM! This piece of crap.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 01:52:36 AM »

Forget this game and VC3 (and Growlanser, hahahahahaha...oh wait, you were serious...), we might not even get Type-0.  The PSP is officially dead in the west...

Jesus... did 3rd Birthday and the FFIV remake sell that poorly?
Must take a lot to get Squeenix to reconsider a Western release.

Actually its the PSP itself that's the problem. Go to any retail store like Best Buy, Target, Walmart and count how many different titles they have on hand. You'll find that you'll be lucky enough just to find where they keep the five or so of them. Basically, while the PSP has finally turned it around in Japan, the UMD format died long before (re. PSPGo), and in the west, the system has been on it's deathbed since. Hell even in places like GameStoppo they may have one of those mini-shelves holding PSP titles and most of that's of those terrible UMD movie ports that choked the system's early years. Frankly, it's a goddamn miracle that we even saw the Tactics Ogre remake nevermind the Falcom games (seriously, Ys 1 & 2 might as well have never existed, it vanished into the night on a trail in the sky before I could bump into it, I guess that's why they call it Vanishing Ys).

If there's any chance of some of these PSP games to come over it'll likely come as a PSN download.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 05:50:23 AM »

Yeah, I remember buying VC2 at Gamestop (and this was almost a year ago).  They had it but only behind the counter and you had to specifically ask for it.  They still had a small section for used PSP games but there was literally zero space dedicated to new PSP games.  And people wonder why the games don't sell...

I am really hoping that the Vita does well here and we might get Vita versions of some of the PSP games we're missing.  The PSP lineup in Japan is looking stronger than ever.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2011, 08:57:42 AM »

Really? In Toronto PSP games seem to be doing pretty well. In a Futureshop (Best Buy equivalent) that I frequent, the PSP section is actually bigger than the DS and 3DS sections combined.
sagagadego09

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 12:42:02 PM »

my gamestop has nice wall for the psp 2 of'em one for new games and one for used
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 07:21:46 PM »

Just recently SquareEnix didn't want to release Dragon Quest IX on the DS and it was up to Nintendo to publish here in the west. I don't know if SE is following Namco's steps (the dumb ones) to not release the games people want and instead releasing crap we don't want like Mario Sports Mix.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »

Ok, since some of you are being a little thick and ignoring what I said, let me quote from that story.

"As you may know very well, with the PSP market, the situation is very different in Japan than outside of Japan," said Kitase when speaking to us at E3 2011. "We are having to be very very careful in how we decide what would be the best way to deliver the game to all the gamers."

Here's the important part:

"We are having to be very very careful in how we decide what would be the best way to deliver the game to all the gamers."

This is not "we may not release it at all", it's "we may not release it on PSP and if so we will port it to another platform". Seriously, a first year Vita release would not surprise me, or at least a simultaneous release on PSP/Vita/other platforms.

... Come to think of it, just how big ARE 3DS cards? EDIT: Found my answer, up to 8GB. So, yeah, at worst it receives a 3DS port for the US that's exactly the same but with 3D effects stuck in.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:38:45 PM by Eusis » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 12:28:24 AM »

Ok, since some of you are being a little thick and ignoring what I said, let me quote from that story.

"As you may know very well, with the PSP market, the situation is very different in Japan than outside of Japan," said Kitase when speaking to us at E3 2011. "We are having to be very very careful in how we decide what would be the best way to deliver the game to all the gamers."

Here's the important part:

"We are having to be very very careful in how we decide what would be the best way to deliver the game to all the gamers."

This is not "we may not release it at all", it's "we may not release it on PSP and if so we will port it to another platform". Seriously, a first year Vita release would not surprise me, or at least a simultaneous release on PSP/Vita/other platforms.

... Come to think of it, just how big ARE 3DS cards? EDIT: Found my answer, up to 8GB. So, yeah, at worst it receives a 3DS port for the US that's exactly the same but with 3D effects stuck in.

Ok. Now that's just silly.

Even if they do port it over to the 3DS they're going to have to overhaul the game to get it to display on the smaller (and maybe less detailed?) 3DS screen. And if they're going to do that they may as well just port it onto a bigger system to begin with.

That said, I wouldn't put it past them if they were going to port it to the Vita.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 12:41:49 AM »

That's part of why I said "At worst", though the resolution dip isn't TOO big and they could offset that some by throwing the less important HUD stuff on the bottom screen. I doubt it's all that hard though, probably mostly redesigning said HUD. I'd actually like console ports even less, but you would at least have enhanced graphical fidelity even if it's just a resolution bump, and that's mostly because I suspect it's designed for portables first and foremost. Ideally, it'd still come out on the PSP here but also hit the Vita.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 12:52:59 PM »

I love you, Xseed

So friggin psyched...

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »

One word.

Thundercougarfalconfuckyeah!

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »

more proof that xseed is cool
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 02:02:02 PM »

I didn't need any more evidence of that.

I do think XSEED is my favorite niche publisher now. Sorry NISA.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »

I didn't need any more evidence of that.

I do think XSEED is my favorite niche publisher now. Sorry Atlus

Fixed. This makes me happy.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: