Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 06:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338760 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History  (Read 10307 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »

more proof that xseed is cool

I didn't need any more evidence of that.

I do think XSEED is my favorite niche publisher now. Sorry Atlus

Fixed. This makes me happy.

To be frank I find it somewhat baffling to consider NISA your favorite anyway. Enough stupid translation mess ups and outright stupid decisions like not localizing the new part of Rhapsody for the DS version and failing to catch a critical, reliably tripped bug in AT2, I guess you just have to really like their selection. The other part of why it's hard for me to understand admittedly, only a few titles from NISA are ones I really want, and no where near the degree of the best of Atlus titles or a good chunk of Xseed's output.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 04:44:02 PM »

Between XSEED's anagram and their other hint (missing letters), I actually managed to call this one - it spelled out the name of GKH's three countries (Avalon, Logres, Union). This game looks great and was always kinda neat to write about. I have to admit, I didn't see it coming over before.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »

Definitely looking forward to GKH, hopefully it won't be the slowdown-ridden mess that was Odin Sphere (though I still liked it overall).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »

I love you, Xseed

So friggin psyched...

Aw, and I was just about to import it...oh well, at least now it'll be more playable.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:54 PM »

more proof that xseed is cool

I didn't need any more evidence of that.

I do think XSEED is my favorite niche publisher now. Sorry Atlus

Fixed. This makes me happy.

To be frank I find it somewhat baffling to consider NISA your favorite anyway. Enough stupid translation mess ups and outright stupid decisions like not localizing the new part of Rhapsody for the DS version and failing to catch a critical, reliably tripped bug in AT2, I guess you just have to really like their selection. The other part of why it's hard for me to understand admittedly, only a few titles from NISA are ones I really want, and no where near the degree of the best of Atlus titles or a good chunk of Xseed's output.

True but given how these days Atlus only really localizes like three or so titles beyond any SMT or Persona games they crank out. Anyone with burnout on Persona Spam hasn't even a handful of titles to look forward to whereas NISA at least has the potential to pull some kind of surprise out of their asses even if it ends up as some shoddily localized mess. For instance I could see either XSeed or NISA localize Over My Dead Body or whatever it might end up being called long before Atlus gets around to it.

That said, if NISA was going to surprise us with such a game they'd only get around to it after localizing all the Hyper Dimensional Neptunia's and the like.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 03:46:30 AM »

I'll wait for reviews and impressions for this one. I didn't really liked that much of was I saw of the gameplay in action when people started uploading videos of the Japanese version on YouTube.

...maybe I'm losing my interest for turn-based battles or some other thing didn't catch my attention with this game (and the music was a little bit annoying for what I remember too). Anyway, nice to see it officialy announced for localization and all that.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »

At least my PSP will get another good run :)

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »

What happened to Grand Knights History?

Apparently even Xseed doesn't know...not a good sign.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 05:51:17 AM »

What happened to Grand Knights History?

Apparently even Xseed doesn't know...not a good sign.

They're saying that the ball's in Vanillaware's court right now, so I'm not too worried yet.

Actually this seems more like a blessing in disguise since apparently GKH going to be Amazon exclusive. Gives me time to get some resources together to purchase it online.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 11:44:49 AM »

Way out of proportion. More likely XSeed are working on the translation, and waiting on Vanilla to implement the code into the game, since I doubt they have programmers on staff.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »

It's apparently been canceled.

https://twitter.com/#!/FinalMacstorm/status/197517636492476418

Fuck.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012, 11:36:06 PM »

Lack of resources...how???

I can't say I'm too-too surprised.  I mean, last word I heard of it was it's announcement I think.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012, 11:39:25 PM »

They probably couldn't get a deal to go digital only so decided it wasn't worth it.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »

You've got to be kidding me...

Before people go blaming Xseed or the PSP market, it sounds like the people really holding this up were Vanillaware.  Xseed has basically been sitting around waitng for them to do their part for months...

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:43 PM »

What does Vanillaware have to do with their localisation?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: