Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:45:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327393 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Next Vanillaware Title to be Grand Knight History  (Read 8806 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:54:55 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/29/grand-knights-history-is-the-next-title-from-vanillaware-and-marvelous/

I'll admit, I'm interested. Muramasa was actually decent, and not the slowdown ridden mess that Odin Sphere was.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »

Awesome! I liked all of their games, and hopefully, there will be a better localization team (or Ignition do a much better job than before)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:26:43 PM »

I beat Odin Sphere recently after years playing it and while I like it the story of ir more than Muramasa, at least up until the point I played from Muramasa, I like Muramasa's combat and difficulty a lot more.
I would just hope this time they would release it in a console they could reach more of their audience, maybe both the PS3 and Wii, just like Rune Factory Oceans is doing.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:03 PM »

GrimGrimoire was fantastic. Odin Sphere was awesome. Muramasa was pretty good. I have high hopes for this!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »

I *heart* them.  Grim Grimoire was a unique and fun addition to the RTS genre, and Odin Sphere bordered many levels of awesome (music, story, battlebesidesit'srepetitiveness).  Never played Muramasa (what did I miss?)

EDIT: PSP???  Uh oh...  Some Odin Sphere battles hurt with lag - can the PSP handle it better??  I don't think they intend to back off on visually intense stuff... I'm guess loading times might be higher if anything.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:58:22 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 12:00:47 AM »

Eh, I'm going to have to be in the minority and say Muramasa was rather bland. The story had potential but failed to connect at the proper points and the grind to the true ending was rather annoying. Game play got terribly repetitive by about half way through the run of the first hero's story and to be honest Threads of Fate did the whole "Two Heroes, Two Destinies" thing far, far better by actually having them interact more than during bath scenes and a throw away false ending fight.

GKH is going to have to do a hell of a lot more to impress me that simply looking artsy.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 01:10:13 AM »

I *heart* them.  Grim Grimoire was a unique and fun addition to the RTS genre, and Odin Sphere bordered many levels of awesome (music, story, battlebesidesit'srepetitiveness).  Never played Muramasa (what did I miss?)

One of the few games to actually use Wiimotion controls well outside of the FPS genre Metroid Prime series. The plot was serviceable and a good way to see some Japanese myths laid out but the backtracking and the monotony drags it down.

Speaking of which, you might find this interesting.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 02:01:50 PM »

EDIT: PSP???  Uh oh...  Some Odin Sphere battles hurt with lag - can the PSP handle it better??  I don't think they intend to back off on visually intense stuff... I'm guess loading times might be higher if anything.

It lagged because of the poor programming, not because it was pushing the PS2 or something. Pretty much all of the lag and slowdown disappeared after SquareEnix had cleaned up the code for the European release.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »

Grand Knights History is being directed by Vanillaware's Tomohiko Deguchi and produced by Marvelous Entertainment's Yoshifumi Hashimoto, with Hitoshi Sakimoto working on sound.

*gasp* Fuck yes!

First Look: Grand Knights History
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »

I loved both Muramasa and Odin Sphere.  I have yet to beat Odin Sphere and i've owned it since 2007.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »

Love Muramasa.It was the kind of game I wanted to play on Wii.Stylish,unique and just plain fun.

Keeping an eye on Grand Knight History

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 04:57:06 PM »

God the PSP is awesome...

I'll be getting one before the summer, which is hilarious with all the newer options I have.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »

I'm actually hoping it's more GrimGrimoire-like that Odin Sphere or Muramasa-like.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 06:14:17 PM »

Never played Muramasa (what did I miss?)

Their best game.

Totally interested in this.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »

Does anyone know if Basiscape is handling the soundtrack again?

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: