Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341238 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  WTF, Capcom?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: WTF, Capcom?  (Read 2812 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:04:58 AM »

http://www.gamesradar.com/iphone/iphone/news/out-of-nowhere-capcoms-smurfs-village-beats-angry-birds-as-highest-grossing-apple-app-store-game/a-20101117181132161005/g-201010071388669064

And now you know why I hate DLC and free-to-play-but-not-really games.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:28:20 AM »

Monster Hunter Frontier is for PC, not Mac.  Connect the dots.  Hint: Wesker is an android

Seriously, this is why I only buy my girlfriend PSN point cards rather than putting my credit card info into her PS3.  She lets her kids get into all of her things, and they are thoroughly curious.  Just seeing them in the playstation store would freak me out, even if I had password protected my card or whatever.  It's just scary.

I'll let other people argue against Capcom... my take is that you need to protect your own money first so that things like this can't happen. 

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:09:19 AM »

Parents that give high tech stuff to kids piss me off. It's irresponsible to the nth degree. This is not like a console where kids can be constantly supervised and turned off whenever the parents want, this is a portable device that allows kids to do virtually whatever they want, including rape the shit out of their parents' credit cards. At most, all kids need are crappy cell phones to call their parents or something in case they are lost.

I didn't even need a cell phone or mp3 player until I started going to university, why the fuck do 10 year olds need iPods and iPhones? Stupid ass parents these days are basically letting all the new gadgets parent their kids, then crying foul when (SURPRISE) the kids that haven't been taught to use those gadgets responsibly USE THEM IRRESPONSIBLY. What the fuck do you expect? It's like if you gave a kid a loaded gun with the safety off and told them "this will stop your parents from yelling at you if you point it at them and press the button." What do you expect them to do? Practice gun safety?

It's like these people have a dearth of basic logic and IQ. Are they crazy or just fucking retarded?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:11:16 AM by Leyviur » Logged

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 08:24:10 AM »

If the parents looked at the game at all, then it wouldn't happen. Zombie Cafe by Capcom works the same way and charges the same prices. Instead of berries it's toxin.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:27:07 AM »

"WTF, Capcom?"

I've been saying that for the last 3 years.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »

Street Fighter Ca$h DLC:

Punch attack (1.99$):
Valid for one use. Your character will throw a punch. Can be bought many times.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 03:18:40 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/capcom-japan-doesnt-believe-mega-man-is-popular-in-the-u-s/

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »

Everyone knows megaman, but I think interest in actually playing the games went down somewhere along the line when they kept cranking out meh megaman x games.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »

Everyone knows megaman, but I think interest in actually playing the games went down somewhere along the line when they kept cranking out meh megaman x games.

I think that's the problem with the series in general.  They're good enough at starting "fresh", but they love taking their new hits and milking them for 6+ titles (all except the beloved Legends).  I don't know - I think they really gotta re-think the series a bit.  Playformers are cute, but over-done and old.  I'd actually like to see a more classic megaman (helmet and all) in a Legends type style.  It'd be cool to have more abilities than just "gun upgrades" in Legends too.  Sorry, going on with what I want.
The series has a ton of potential still, they just gotta stop milking every new version of Megaman. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »

X2 was the best one for me.
Then again, I've missed a lot of them after.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 09:11:08 PM »

X2 was the best one for me.
Then again, I've missed a lot of them after.

X2 is hard, really hard (at least for me).

X3 has the best opening that I've seen for a video game, and I'm not trying to exaggerate saying that. The last couple of good games were X6 and the Zero series (haven't played the ZX series yet). After that, not a lot of exciting stuff has happen really.

With the exception of Legends 3, that's my main reason to get a 3DS in the future along with the remake of Snake Eater.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »

X6? X6 was a horrible piece of shit, and was followed by X7, a sin against mankind. They only started making up for it by releasing X8 and there's been radio silence ever since.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »

...damn. I always forget that X6 doesn't have a good reputation. But haters gonna hate, I liked the game a lot, I know is not the best thing ever but is far from being the worse Mega Man game.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:33:18 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:33:52 PM »

Honestly X6's basic gameplay isn't bad, but the level design was horrible.

The X series' main draw was that you could find special abilities that got you through certain areas that led to awesome stuff, whether extra boss fights or new abilities. These areas were optional though and you could get through all the stages without the extra abilities.

X6 on the other hand, could let you teleport into extra areas that required specific abilities while you didn't have them. Even worse, you couldn't get out so you'd need to kill yourself OVER AND OVER to get back to level select.

I stopped playing after killing myself 10 times in an impassable pit.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »

That, and X6's controls were unresponsive as all hell. I don't know what the hell happened, but play X6 right after a playthrough of 4 or 5 and you'll feel a significant difference.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: