Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 07:06:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329733 Posts in 13517 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  WTF, Capcom?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: WTF, Capcom?  (Read 2746 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »

Also X6 had the tendency to descend into bullet hell levels of dakka at the drop of a hat. Also also ridiculous frequency of very annoying elements such as the fire stage's half a dozen mid bosses all of which are incredibly annoying to deal with unless you're using Metal Shark Player's weapon, or endless trash compactors, or warp mazes. Also also also the blink and you've permanently missed them reploids with shit like having two hanging in mid air over a pit with about 3-4 of those nightmare guys surrounding them. Also also also also High Max, The Devil Slimes, and Gate. Also also also also also Nightmare effects activating as soon as you enter a stage nevermind them all being detrimental in what were already terribly designed levels. Also also also also also also grinding ridiculous amounts of souls to unlock the ability to equip more parts.

I could go on....

X2 was the best one for me.
Then again, I've missed a lot of them after.

X2 is hard, really hard (at least for me).

X3 has the best opening that I've seen for a video game, and I'm not trying to exaggerate saying that. The last couple of good games were X6 and the Zero series (haven't played the ZX series yet). After that, not a lot of exciting stuff has happen really.

With the exception of Legends 3, that's my main reason to get a 3DS in the future along with the remake of Snake Eater.

I wouldn't call that port's opening to be very good unless you're being ironic as it was full of animation errors and badly drawn proportions (the best part was Zero downgrading from his rebuilt not-Gundam appearance to his more generic original appearance).

Everyone knows megaman, but I think interest in actually playing the games went down somewhere along the line when they kept cranking out meh megaman x games.

You are aware of 9 & 10 being downloadable on the various consoles. Right?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »

X2 was the best one for me.

X3 has the best opening that I've seen for a video game, and I'm not trying to exaggerate saying that. The last couple of good games were X6 and the Zero series (haven't played the ZX series yet). After that, not a lot of exciting stuff has happen really.

I wouldn't call that port's opening to be very good unless you're being ironic as it was full of animation errors and badly drawn proportions (the best part was Zero downgrading from his rebuilt not-Gundam appearance to his more generic original appearance).

There were so many quotes, I hope I quoted it right.

Anyways.  I gave that "best opening" 30 seconds and my mind was made up, and another 30 to humour myself.  Sorry man, it's kinda crappy.  It does look good.... for maybe the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jVjjJgzhns
I was always a fan of the rocking J-pop tune of Electrical Communication [jp: ekusutroni komyunikeishon] (and I was a sucker for Roll's theme, both for it's sound and because it kinda makes me giggly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu4b5J6DmdY
fun comparison video

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 11:32:54 PM »

I agree in various points that you guys said about X6. But even with all his faults, I enjoyed the game.

Anyways.  I gave that "best opening" 30 seconds and my mind was made up, and another 30 to humour myself.  Sorry man, it's kinda crappy.  It does look good.... for maybe the 80s.

I was always a fan of the rocking J-pop tune of Electrical Communication [jp: ekusutroni komyunikeishon] (and I was a sucker for Roll's theme, both for it's sound and because it kinda makes me giggly).

fun comparison video

I watched the opening of X3 when I was a kid, I was (literally) feeling rainbows in my body. And I didn't care for the "crappyness" either, I love me some old animu stuff sometimes.

With that said, I really never liked "Electrical Communication". I liked the awesome voice acting in Mega Man 8 (and X4) just for the lols.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »

Aaaah, when you say it *that* way, then I see what you're getting at.  I think that's how I felt about Sailor Moon then too.  It was a dog shit show, full of crappy and episode-after-episode of the same story (STEALLLL ENERGIIIIESSS), but it was so different from anything typically seen States side that it was great to me, haha.  Kinda like that?? :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »

^Exactly! :D
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »

I agree in various points that you guys said about X6. But even with all his faults, I enjoyed the game.

fun comparison video

I watched the opening of X3 when I was a kid, I was (literally) feeling rainbows in my body. And I didn't care for the "crappyness" either, I love me some old animu stuff sometimes.

With that said, I really never liked "Electrical Communication". I liked the awesome voice acting in Mega Man 8 (and X4) just for the lols.

Sorry. But I live in the States and thus am more familiar with the SuperNES version (unless you played the Anniversary Collection and are still a kid) and thus remember X3 more for the ridiculousness of Golden X with the Beam Saber than anything else (also with just how worthless most of the weapons and upgrades were as both Helmets were pretty worthless unless you're right outside of the bosses room with empty Subtanks and don't mind getting up to make yourself a snack, the screen filling charge shot was visually impressive but took so long to both charge up, combine, and get up to speed that it wasn't the most practical thing in the world given the lack of damage the attack did to any boss and the Beam Spam effect was just as unpractical but since it does include the Beam Saber attack if you have it the Beam Spam can still wreck some serious shit, and both force fields were much more of a gimmick which you wouldn't want to rely upon to begin with but it's still the most useful secondary upgrade thanks to the upward air dash being kinda awkward to use as well as any form of the double air dash for that matter due to clunkiness, the ride armors were kinda useless aside from the Hawk model, and the less said about the weapons the better as you're probably too busy wrecking everything with a charge attack that fills half the screen or double air dashing past everything). Also I'm still disappointed that you couldn't bring a ride armor to a Vile fight. X4 did a better job with armor upgrades overall IMO.

All a moot point though as the first X game is still my favorite.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: