Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 06:55:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327318 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  new union game. as in yggdra union.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new union game. as in yggdra union.  (Read 1253 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2011, 02:27:37 AM »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/posts/2011/03/30/270365/

Atlus and Sting Team Up for "Gloria Union."
Atlus and Sting's PSP efforts aren't limited to Gungnir. Famitsu has first details this week on the latest entry in the Union strategy series (Yggdra Union, etc.). Titled Gloria Union, this new PSP title is being produced by Hikari Yasui (Blaze Union, Knights in the Nightmare) and features character designs from Hiroshi Konishi and Eiko Tameshige, card designs from Sunaho Tobe, sound from Shigeki Hayashi. A release is set for June 23, priced ¥6,279.

also this looks awesome
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/24/gungnir_update/

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »

This excites me. I'm actually playing Yggdra Union for GBA right now. I like it, but the mechanics are very hard to grasp (and I completely understand Knights in the Nightmare). Also, I was under the impression that the only Union game in the US is Yggdra Union. Is that untrue?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »

A scan: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1362.html

Can't say I've played the last two, but I need to change that. I love strategy RPGs.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »

I didn't know what to expect when I first played Yggdra Union but in the end I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's a quality SRPG that deviates quite a bit from the old Tactics Ogre/FFT formula.  More S than RPG, though, but I'm completely fine with that.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »

Well Blaze Union never came out here so I don't think this will either.  As long Atlus brings Gungnir over everything is good...
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:20:30 PM »

Every time I've tried to play Yggdra Union I've gotten bored with it. The battle system makes utterly no sense to me and any rpg that uses a card system generally turns me off. I still intend to finish it someday. I've got Knights in the Nightmare too but haven't started it. I don't really get the whole Dept. Heaven thing; are these games just standalone with loose connection (as in cameos and etc.) or are they actually leading up to something big story-wise? Are the other Union games just spin-offs of Yggdra Union or are they "episodes" in the series as well?
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 02:21:37 AM »

Every time I've tried to play Yggdra Union I've gotten bored with it. The battle system makes utterly no sense to me and any rpg that uses a card system generally turns me off. I still intend to finish it someday. I've got Knights in the Nightmare too but haven't started it. I don't really get the whole Dept. Heaven thing; are these games just standalone with loose connection (as in cameos and etc.) or are they actually leading up to something big story-wise? Are the other Union games just spin-offs of Yggdra Union or are they "episodes" in the series as well?

Wikipedia seems to think Dept Heaven games are unconnected story-wise, but Union games are spinoffs/sequels/prequels of Yggdra Union and not main episodes.
Supposedly, those "episodes" are numbered based on  battle system complexity with Riviera being first.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 03:12:28 AM »

So how far are they going for the character derailment this time?

I fully expect them to bump off half of Yggdra's cast this time in forced and contrived ways.

Basically, I'm still bitter over Blaze's ending. This probably wont fare much better and most likely a whole lot worse.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »

So chances are America isn't getting this? I loved Riviera and am currently loving Yggdra... I hope we get it. Any game with a mermaid named Nietzsche is a friend of mine.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »

Wikipedia seems to think Dept Heaven games are unconnected story-wise, but Union games are spinoffs/sequels/prequels of Yggdra Union and not main episodes.
Supposedly, those "episodes" are numbered based on  battle system complexity with Riviera being first.

The Dept. Heaven games are loosely connected storywise but they ARE connected.  They all share the same universe and certain characters are present in more than one game in story related ways (not just cameos).  My impression is that Yggdra Union happens first, followed by Kights in the Nightamare, followed by Riviera.  Blaze Union and Gloria Union are spinoff games and are not part of the Dept. Heaven series.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:32:06 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 07:53:17 AM »

Basically this^. The one element that actually ties the three games to each other is the buildup of Hector's plan to revive and fuse with Seth. And since Yggdra makes an appearance in KitN, you can see where this is going.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »

Its probably not numbered due to battle system complexity, as Knights in the Nightmare is number 4. Imagine how complicated number 9 would be, as I remember seeing something about nine games projected for the series.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: