Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 03:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334713 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dreath of Dire.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Dreath of Dire.  (Read 6572 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »

Looks like rural scotland or ireland (hell any rural area really), which could easily be a new BoF focus. Plus, the dragon design does kinda seem like old BoF style artwork.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »

Haha an Irish-Celtic aesthetic -- I like it!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 03:09:47 PM »

after doing some research ive concluded that a younger me may have liked the older BoF games(back when i didnt care about gender roles in rpg's),but the current me would probally be annoyed by them.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »

Ryu in his warrior dragon form wearing a kilt....that would be priceless.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »

Ryu in his warrior dragon form wearing a kilt....that would be priceless.

Tsk tsk, I hate it!  Japan's had like 374 titles with Valkyries in them, but none with kilts!!  Way to pay a proper homage!! >=(

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »

If this is an action game and it's a Dungeon and Dragon title... is D&D still popular? I know I moved on to White Wolf's clearly superior paper and pen experience called Exalted a long while ago =P

Ok, so we got a dragon with an exposed heart... sooooooooooo Dead Dragon?

I'm still secretly rooting for Double Ds...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:08:06 PM by Annubis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 04:06:51 PM »

(back when i didnt care about gender roles in rpg's)

...? Can you elaborate more on this point, please.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »

i used to not care about female characters being stuck in healer/mage roles all the time because it was pretty much all i knew. it wasnt till i started to see more females with say swords as weapons that i started to crave them more. now when i see an rpg with say 3 male physical attackers a female mage and a female healer i scoff at it.

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »

i used to not care about female characters being stuck in healer/mage roles all the time because it was pretty much all i knew. it wasnt till i started to see more females with say swords as weapons that i started to crave them more. now when i see an rpg with say 3 male physical attackers a female mage and a female healer i scoff at it.

Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I never cared too much about gender roles. It kind of annoys me how much importance people put on it though; I make pen and paper RPGs for a friend of mine, and she really doesn't connect with anyone unless she plays a female protagonist. Maybe if I were a girl I'd see it differently, but why care about the gender role more so than the personality? Would we still love Aya Brea if she were a Healer? I believe we would (mind you, PE wold have to change gameplay a lot, but still...).

/end of mini-rant

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »

Well, it's always possible they could modernize the serie. Say have the male hero Ryu and another female dragon clan warrior in the party (and a cool dual transformation system... AGNI! ROAR!!!). Nina would pretty much be the healer, but I just can't picture Nina as anything else =/
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2011, 05:15:38 PM »

let me clairify something i dont hate female healers/mages what i hate is when only the male characters get to be the physical damage dealers. in fact Tear Grants is one of my favorite rpg characters.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »

I know I loved Katt in BoF2. (although the fact she was stupid might not be welcomed by women gamers)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2011, 06:33:25 PM »

A new BoF game would be awesome, but seeing how current gen jRPGs are panning out, it will either be an action adventure, or a linear AI heavy mess (because, these days, developers seem to think that games that play themselves are "cool").
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:35:14 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

Interesting.

I only care about female and male protagonist in Survival Horror games though. In an RPG, the main character just serves as your avatar, it doesn't really matter the sexual orientation of the character (most of the time anyway). That's why I like silent protagonist so much, they can accomplish much more for the type of game they are put on -- this being an RPG.

This doesn't mean that I don't like a protagonist that express himself, but developers have to find a fine line between the game they are making, the story the are going to tell to the player and not putting any of those things above the gameplay. After all, they are making a video game right?

That's why I think that games like Dragon Quest VIII for example are so enjoyable. But maybe that's just me.

(because, these days, developers seem to think that games that play themselves are "cool")

They are only experiencing with their gameplay mechanics, I'm pretty sure some developers will learn from their mistakes.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »

let me clairify something i dont hate female healers/mages what i hate is when only the male characters get to be the physical damage dealers. in fact Tear Grants is one of my favorite rpg characters.

I get your point, but to play Devil's Advocate, you could argue that mages (male or female) end up doing more damage than physical fighters by the end of the game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: