Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 06:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341238 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dreath of Dire.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Dreath of Dire.  (Read 6753 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »

Yeah, definitely not the dragon I was looking for. I would have even taken a Dungeons and Dragons beat em up game. Might be cool, sure, but I'm still kinda bummed at my lack of BoF respect.

TASTY!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »

Character classes, gaining new powers, quests, chatting with NPCs, a morality system, branching endings… this sounds very RPG-ish…
We know, but the Capcom team has been very delicate about how they promote this title and the word "role-playing game" has never once (not even on accident) escaped their lips. They are very insistent that this is simply an "action adventure" title.

Why are they so afraid of calling it an RPG? Is that part of Japan's great westernization plan?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2011, 09:23:31 PM »

Character classes, gaining new powers, quests, chatting with NPCs, a morality system, branching endings… this sounds very RPG-ish…
We know, but the Capcom team has been very delicate about how they promote this title and the word "role-playing game" has never once (not even on accident) escaped their lips. They are very insistent that this is simply an "action adventure" title.

Why are they so afraid of calling it an RPG? Is that part of Japan's great westernization plan?

All of a sudden, I liked Squeenix a bit more .... no, no.. stop it!

I'd love to see Capcom return to their roots, even if it is a handheld RPG (non-Monster Hunter...mind you, a current gen Monster Hunter would be alright). 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2011, 04:00:09 AM »

All this excitement for a new BoF game got me so hyped, I started playing 3 again. I think my file is cursed, because I haven't gotten a single good pilfer with Rei since I started, short of a power food off the Nue. I would normally have 3 waistcloths by now, this is pissing me off.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2011, 04:13:47 AM »

Funny fact about BoF 3, they had VA for all the characters for all abilities, even ones they can't learn. Try hacking say, Might onto Ryu or Vitalize onto Nina. Either the game had a different ability system that got changed or Capcom was crazy prepared.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2011, 06:32:38 AM »

i think its crazy prepared. in srw og2 pilots that you cant normally get have quotes for mechs attacks that they cant use without hacking the game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

Funny fact about BoF 3, they had VA for all the characters for all abilities, even ones they can't learn. Try hacking say, Might onto Ryu or Vitalize onto Nina. Either the game had a different ability system that got changed or Capcom was crazy prepared.

Not really that surprising, Im fairly sure youll find that in a lot of games. During the balancing phase skills probably get reshuffled several times, having all the resources ready is just common sense. They probably left them in because there was pleanty of room on the disc, and leaving in excess resources is a lot safer then removing something and risking an error.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: