Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:49:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  HAY I LIKE FF7 DONT U
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: HAY I LIKE FF7 DONT U  (Read 5073 times)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 02:13:50 AM »

I also find it really ironic how the Top 5 Main FF's are my Top 5, just rearranged a bit. :D

How is that in any way ironic?

Pickles.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
msg
Übermensch

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2011, 02:32:12 AM »

HAY I LIKE FF7 DONT U
Yes

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »

I like how in FFV you get an idiot shonen hero with a small harem of JRPG princesses as your party after awhile, that there's at least one pitched battle between a turtle and a tree, and that Galuf is one of the most baddest motherfuckers in the entire series.

I like how in FFVI you get to ride around in power armor that'd make Allen Ripley of Aliens jealous, that you get to suplex a fucking train while also running away from it on foot, and that you can randomly chuck an 8 year old girl/aspiring hentai artist into the slimy maws of tentacle monsters with absolutely no repercussions.

Its just so hard to choose which of these two fine specimens make for the best of the series. Probably IX.
For the record I DID say I preferred 5 over 4 up there, not 5 over 6. Like said I still need to replay 6, but I recall the drama in that had far more weight than IV's ever did, and it still had some light hearted moments mixed in.

And while I technically brought up the story for 5, that's more because the gameplay's pretty much no contest. You can argue for the merit of IV's gameplay simplicity, I don't doubt it's the best choice for how it handles party members, but the job system just makes 5 that much more versatile.

Whoops. I misread that IV as a VI (damn roman numerals). In that case there isn't even any competition between the two. FFIV only really has one good moment in Cecil becoming a Paladin versus at least the ones I named in FFV nevermind the ones I didn't. As for the gameplay FFV blows most of the series out of the water nevermind IV and VI. Granted, I really like the idea of different characters having different specialties but I didn't like the way IV handled it in it's "You're playing as three mages and an ineffectual black knight now." way that was prevalent throughout the game. Whereas your party of V was whatever you needed to be without having to worry about penalties when switching jobs like in FFIII. FFVI did what IV did but did it a hell of a lot better than IV did, but the game is just so easy and so ridiculously buggy that it really can't compare to V.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »

How come nobody's talking about X-2?  I know all you guys were gay for that game.  You practically grew a coat of lipstick as the then-world-famous job system coddled you in your ride through the abyss of girly pleasure.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:52 PM »

How come nobody's talking about X-2?  I know all you guys were gay for that game.  You practically grew a coat of lipstick as the then-world-famous job system coddled you in your ride through the abyss of girly pleasure.

IIRC there was an editorial here called "Why FFX-2 Sucks", followed by "Why FFX-2 Doesn't Suck".  So, we're indifferent?  That, and after so many topics on the matter I thought the consensus was: "battles are good, the story is made of hot garbage.  PS skanks."

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 03:15:30 AM »

Wait what? I like girly things, and I'm gay (well 3/4ths anyways. I prefer girls, and with guys I like them to be more feminine.) What does that have to do with FFX-2?

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2011, 04:07:05 AM »

im guessing you never played X-2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoWWCtACy-w

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2011, 04:30:57 AM »

I got 98 percent on it. I don't really consider it all that girly per say. It's obvious the target audience was straight males to my understanding anyway. Maybe I just don't see anything weird with liking it cause I'm too girly i guess.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2011, 05:07:06 AM »

At the end of the day, no one bought X-2 because of the battle system or because it has boobs. It sold because it was the sequel of Final Fantasy X, that's it. X-2 is mostly an unnecessary and annoying game that it only serve to Square Enix gain more money out of our blind love for the franchise.

Yep. Those Square Enix dudes knows that you are stupid, and that you have money on your wallet and nostalgia in your brain. Deal with it.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »

I got 98 percent on it. I don't really consider it all that girly per say. It's obvious the target audience was straight males to my understanding anyway. Maybe I just don't see anything weird with liking it cause I'm too girly i guess.

I always had a giggle about Rikku's inconsistent appearance.  She looked Caucasian in her CG game shots, and completely Asian in her FMV shots.

The worst was the hot spring scene.  Shit, at least crappy Compile Heart games have the curtosy to say they're talking about boobs.  I have no idea what they were thinking with Rikku saying "Heey, I know what's going on here". Retarded.  I think most games should take a hot tip from SO4; if you're gonna have shitty cutscenes, at least make them skippable with a summary.  Less embarassing to read than watch.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »

WTF?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2011, 05:11:19 PM »

I always had a giggle about Rikku's inconsistent appearance.  She looked Caucasian in her CG game shots, and completely Asian in her FMV shots.

The worst was the hot spring scene.  Shit, at least crappy Compile Heart games have the curtosy to say they're talking about boobs.  I have no idea what they were thinking with Rikku saying "Heey, I know what's going on here". Retarded.  I think most games should take a hot tip from SO4; if you're gonna have shitty cutscenes, at least make them skippable with a summary.  Less embarassing to read than watch.

Now that you mention that Rikku did look more Asian in the FMVs for that matter so did Tidus in X.

I'll agree that at least 76% of that 98 i got was just awful. The story had its moments but most of it was painfully bad. I mean for the love of god it had worse dialogue than X did, and it wasn't the so bad it's funny type either it was just bad. Still i enjoyed combat, and thought all the costumes for the playable characters where pretty cool.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2011, 05:39:32 PM »

LOL, I totally forgot about that, man, this game sure had some ridiculous parts.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »

i got 100% on X-2 and got the tidus revival ending =(
what dont look at me like that i was bored and unemployed at the time =P

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »

One time, I tried to gather the necessary strength to get the game 100% completed. But I wasn't that bored or interested enough with the game to do such a thing.

Maybe in the future. Maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: