Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338689 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Disgaea.  (Read 5077 times)
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 07:18:24 PM »

I have to say, I like other NISA games better.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 07:24:45 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
I have it.

I hate it.

I'm the only one here who feels that way. :P

No, no you're not. I think it's the worst game I have in my collection.

Keep in mind I still own Grandia III.

OH SNAP
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 06:24:52 AM »

I loved Disgaea, a lot more than I expected to. I enjoyed the combat system a lot, and I spent a lot of time just throwing enemies into ever more powerful enemies so that I could beat them and get some nice EXP!

And as evetyone else has said, the characters and writing are great, as is the music. I was surprisingly emotional at the end. There's a fair bit of filler in the plot ('OMG HE STOLE MY PICNIC BASKET'), but that doesn't take away from it too much.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Erei

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »

Ho, lots of opinions, good and bad.

I really like the char. designs. I've looked up the official sites, and it seems an interesting game.

I just don't want to have to pay 50 dollars for a copy...>. <
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 01:34:17 PM »

I loved it.  I put more time into that game than any other console game (about 185 hours iirc).  The item world does suck, but it's not too hard to level up to 2500 using the one extra dungeon map.

Anyways, yeah it's my favorite SRPG.  I played it way too much that I could never play it again, but I'm really interested in Disgaea 2.  I just hope it doesn't feel too much of the same that I'm left feeling like I don't want to play it (because I put so many hours into Disgaea 1).

I think it's worth a pickup, at least.  The humor is wacky, but I thought the gameplay was pretty fun.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 09:20:08 PM »

flonnes not in it eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJyk1vVh2cY

the artwork that flashes on the screen at the end looks like fallen angel flonne to me.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Puddles

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 05:48:26 PM »

Quote from: "Merkava"

I think it's the worst game I have in my collection.

Why do you keep games that you don't like? As soon as I finish a game that I'm not that in to (like Disgaea), I sell it on eBay, and usually get back at least 90% of what I payed for it. That way I have money to buy new games (on eBay, of course). Actually, with Disgaea, I made a profit.

I found Disgaea's story to be severely lacking. Some of the chapters were fun, but there was no sense of continuity to keep me interested in what was happening. The gameplay was fun for the first 20 hours or so, but then it started to get too repetitive. I compare it to FF Tactics, which is a similar game, but the game play in FFT is so varied that I've played it all the way through 3 times and I'm still not tired of it.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 01:27:30 AM »

Everybody who hates Disgaea obviously doesn't like to let themselves enjoy anything.

You're all insane.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 04:06:32 AM »

It's the kickback Duck. One person finally dislikes it so everyone else gets to vent out their frustrations now. But a few months ago when we had this discussion, Disgaea was the shit. It was king of the world and everyone loved it.

Now? We're realising the king aint all he's made out to be. Then someone goes and exaggerates the flaws of the game and suddenly it's the worst crap in the world. Picky bastards.

(I know plenty of you have good reasons, but I'm sitting here wondering how TF we went from "<3 DISGAEA!!!" to "FUCK DISGAEA" in the last year since the game was on top of everyone's lists of shit to talk about.)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 04:13:09 AM »

Actually Mark, this seems like a great example of my idea that we've been making it a habit of blending everyone's voices into one on the net, when really no one's contradicting themselves at all. DR, John, Tran, I know those three didn't like Disgaea prior at all. Only dasch and, to a lesser degree, Ash seem to have turned around. And I only recall dasch having an Etna avatar while Ash just stated what he /really/ liked about the game. This is probably just the first time they voiced their opinions together, and not seperately.

Edit: And the others saying shit... Well, they don't have very high post counts anyway, so they probably didn't speak up last time/were blown off.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 04:54:07 AM »

I remember being very positive about the game the last time, almost to the point of squeeling like a sugerhigh fangirl. My opinion hasn't changed. In fact, I played the game with a girl I met recently and we were having a blast. She hadn't seen or played the game before, but she loved it. The only thing she dislikes are the clothes (or lack thereof) the characters are wearing, it makes them hard to cosplay.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Actually Mark, this seems like a great example of my idea that we've been making it a habit of blending everyone's voices into one on the net, when really no one's contradicting themselves at all. DR, John, Tran, I know those three didn't like Disgaea prior at all. Only dasch and, to a lesser degree, Ash seem to have turned around. And I only recall dasch having an Etna avatar while Ash just stated what he /really/ liked about the game. This is probably just the first time they voiced their opinions together, and not seperately.

Edit: And the others saying shit... Well, they don't have very high post counts anyway, so they probably didn't speak up last time/were blown off.

Well, yes, I did enjoy the game initially, but after a while, the game got so dull and boring I stopped around chapter 7 I think. I tried to pick it back up again, and only made it a few hours in before I couldn't stand it anymore.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 10:40:08 AM »

I still like it. As one of the few SRPGs that actually lets me run around in a few rooms without being entirely menu based, I like it a lot.

Puddles

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 12:19:23 PM »

I watched the 1st episode of the Disgaea anime, and it's awful. It might be of interest to fans of the game, but don't expect quality. It's all lowbrow humour, without the charm that the game has.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 03:35:19 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
It's the kickback Duck. One person finally dislikes it so everyone else gets to vent out their frustrations now. But a few months ago when we had this discussion, Disgaea was the shit. It was king of the world and everyone loved it.

Now? We're realising the king aint all he's made out to be. Then someone goes and exaggerates the flaws of the game and suddenly it's the worst crap in the world. Picky bastards.

(I know plenty of you have good reasons, but I'm sitting here wondering how TF we went from "<3 DISGAEA!!!" to "FUCK DISGAEA" in the last year since the game was on top of everyone's lists of shit to talk about.)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: