Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:41:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319241 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Persona 4 anime?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 anime?  (Read 18886 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »

Y'know I never thought I'd be saying this about an anime character...but holy crap the protagonist looks too old. XD

FF8 cast... oh man.  Quistis looked 28 than 18.  Heh, and yeah, the main guy is a bit of a dud so far, but I'm guessing that was intentional.

Pretty good episode.  I'm curious how they'll handle some aspects of the game, social links and whatever other gameplay elements.  I like hearing a lot of the old music and seeing a lot of the same settings; I'm not too crazy on the date-by-date thing and face "face cut in"... feels too much like a tacked-on throw-back.

This anime doesn't look easy to animate, I'm sure the uniforms are a pain in the ass, I hope the animation doesn't get too bad as the series goes on.  But it looks great so far!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:07:32 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »

I enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to the next episode because of the ending theme. I'm friends with Lotus Juice on FB and he said that there will be a new theme featuring himself and Shihoko Hirata, episode 1 used Pursuing my true self at the beginning and the anime's intro song during the credits.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2011, 10:53:08 PM »

Just watched the first episode on Hulu. REALLY enjoyed it. Now I want to replay the game.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2011, 02:28:17 AM »

I'm not too crazy on the date-by-date thing and face "face cut in"... feels too much like a tacked-on throw-back.

Personally I loved those little touches.  Seems like perfectly harmless fanservice (in the broader sense of the term).

RicJFNas

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »

I've watched it and liked. Must be the best anime this season along with Fate\Zero. If they keep up the good work this one might turn out the best game to anime yet. If not already.
Wisamu

初寒

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 06:30:14 AM »

I've never really seen any point in producing anime based on video games, unless it's for the relatively small population of anime fans who're not too big on games, and thus have not had any visual experience with the story.  The first episode certainly surpassed my expectations though. I'm really interested in seeing how some peculiar aspects of the game play out. Namely, Persona fusion in the Velvet room and social links.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:16:55 AM by Wisamu » Logged

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
RicJFNas

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »

Does anyone think there is a chance of them showing the new character that they are puting in the p4 game for the vita?
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2011, 08:17:39 AM »

That would be a good marketing move.

EDIT: and by that I mean, cameo her, or show her just a bit. I doubt they'd put her completely in since learning who she is is the reason why most people would buy the Vita version.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:52:06 AM by Annubis » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »

Just watched episode 2. Boss fight!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »

I forgot how annoying Chie was in the beginning. It's kinda weird not hearing the Chie voice that I know and love, it just seemed to suit her. This one I'm finding it hard to adjust. Still, good episode. Love the opening sequence, it's very pretty.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »

Clever way to do social links without it getting campy; just transform all those white faced cards in the ending into their proper Arcana when the link is "unlocked". They really thought this one through.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »

Episode 3 is awesome.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qR_LM4nQ7w&feature=player_detailpage#t=95s

A bit of a shame you can't tell the main peeps of the show/game to just FREAKING AGREE with what the Hard-Truth-Shadow is trying to tell you... it's right, deal with it.  Ah well, cue dramatic moment and music.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:49:55 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 04:01:24 AM »

It's funny how the anime is having the exact opposite problem of the game. The game, if you want to pick at it, took waaaay too long to set up its atmosphere and throw you into the intrigue of the story (what was it nearly an hour or more before you got control of your character?).

The anime is throwing the story at breakneck speeds and glossing over certain things that would probably leave anyone not familiar with the game in confusion. If it keeps this up it's going to have a stockpile of "I don't get it"s that eventually topple it over the fine line its dancing on.

The other complaint I have so far is how it's handling the "acceptance" moments. :-\ It's way, way too simplified.

"You like her, that's all that matters right?"
"You're friends, that's all that matters right?"

*anime viewing perspective only*

Um,...sure. We'll glaze over the fact that there were very complex issues with needs for attention, the whole like/hate duality, and town vs Junes issues and say that one line of dialog clears everything up.

Um,...okay. We'll glaze over the fact that Chie doesn't really deny or openly confess that she was using Yukiko and it's totally clear since you're her friend even though you're pretty much admitting to using her without confessing it.

Emotions in situations like that are tangled messes that one generic line can't magically solve.

*end perspective*

The game handled these things just a little bit better by having each character come to discover these realizations for themselves I think. Here it feels awkward and forced just so they can cram in more scenes rather than drawing it out.

That all said; I still adore this show. It feels like a very nice counterpart to the game as it elaborates upon things the game didn't have a chance to. To both its harm and it's benefit this is definitely something that is not fully enjoyable without having played the game first. I still get tingles every time something major happens. The first persona summoning, the shadow fights, and now the "Change" mechanic. Personally I think this is for me what Transformers fans must've felt for the 1986 movie.

Everything, from a fan's perspective, is just so..."right". And well done. It makes me really miss having the game around.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:47:40 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 07:42:41 AM »

^I agree but I played the game so it doesn't really bother me, I already know the fully fleshed out version of the story.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: