Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327762 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Persona 4 anime?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4 anime?  (Read 20045 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »

This show really isn't that friendly with non-players, but unlike the good ol' Northern America, this game isn't as niche, so I think they're doing okay for the most part.

New episode to finish with the head-case (Yukiko).  Beautifully animated, the fire and effects during the fighting were well done.  Hormones will be flying though.  Oh high school, I miss thee.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »

I heard that P4 isn't that popular in Japan at least. Might indeed be hard for newcomers to get into the show.

Oh high school, I miss thee.

I'd take college back any day over High School.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2011, 11:47:30 PM »

I heard that P4 isn't that popular in Japan at least. Might indeed be hard for newcomers to get into the show.

Oh high school, I miss thee.

I'd take college back any day over High School.

I don't see how.... unless they liked the emo-tard look of the first douche-bag.... oh wait.  We don't have a robot-character.  Goddamn Japan likes their robots like we like our Zombies lately.

I hate University... College was alright.  I loved High School.  Stuff was easy.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »

Well, amongst others, P4 got beaten by 3 harem shows... so I think robots aren't what people are looking for =/
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2011, 02:17:04 AM »

Well, amongst others, P4 got beaten by 3 harem shows... so I think robots aren't what people are looking for =/

If it's not robots, it's harems.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2011, 05:16:36 AM »

Where'd you hear that?! The new remix of the game's soundtrack just debuted at nš1 in the japanese charts. All this stuff (anime, new version of the game, fighting game) is happening precisely because of how popular Persona 4 is there. ATLUS is just trying to capitalize on that. Did you think that their motivation for all these projects is the american audience?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 05:41:34 AM »

Do you mean by 3 other harems?

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 09:35:51 AM »

I...will admit; for all the times I've paraphrasically generalized "Japanese writers can't do squat these days" after strings of crap content like AT3 or the massive hordes of shows/games with incomplete endings or "This is the show that never ends" syndrome, Persona 4 The Animation is putting me in my place.

A 20 minute action scene with all the right ups and downs that actually manages to tug at the heart strings a little in such a way that I'm willing to be non-players will be effected? Stunning, brilliant, one of the best pieces of visual storytelling this past decade; easily.

Shame they had to sorta ruin it with that last minute and a half.

I know they need to keep in some bits from the game but couldn't "funny glasses giggle time" have waited til next episode? :-\ Talk about a mood breaker.

4 episodes in and I am almost ready to pretty much declare this the best anime I have ever watched my entire life thus far. The only thing that's stopping me is the preview for Episode 5 is pretty much what I feared would happen with their pacing.

They've burnt through all the high octane material and in order to get the social link stories out of the way we're about to enter potential "filler" territory; with no progress on the main plot, just exposition on the character's school life and why he suddenly has half a dozen new persona the next time he goes dungeon crawling.

This would be fine if they had done more of the school/dungeon split early on but these four episodes have been almost nothing but main-plot material. If they really do make this a filler episode it's going to be taking the fine pacing and bringing it to a screeching halt.

I have faith; but this really will be P4:TA's make or break episode for determining whether it's merely "good" or a masterpiece.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »

Damn, this episode was amazing, I loved all the backgound scenes they made for Yukiko, the fights were awesome and the climax was very touching. I'm so glad they didn't screw this up. I didn't watch the preview but I love these characters so much that I don't mind an episode where they are just messing around. Some of the best scenes in the game had nothing to do with the main plot like the camping, the school festival or when they got "drunk".

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »

I'm finding the show to be enjoyable but I think it's because like most here, I played through the game and loved it and every scene is like a good memory coming back. On the other hand I think I'm expecting the opposite of ZeronHitaro, I want the show to go slower, to take it's time.

Comparing it to an other show of this season, Fate Zero, I think P4 falls really short. For example, I'm not a Fate fan at all. I think that Fate Stay Night is fine but highly overrated and only decided to watch the new one because a friend told me it's was amazing and I though it wouldn't hurt to watch one ep. The first hour of it has no action, it's all talk and it's great and I think that is what's lacking in P4 right now, time to develop the characters.

We all liked the game because it was a mixture of character interactions, dungeons and a good story. Even if the anime focus on some other than others, which is perfectly fine since it's a different media, I don't think they should outright forget it. For one I itching ti see the episode where they go on that school trip and the guys have to eat the horrible food the girls make. Not relevant to the plot but in my opinion fundamental to the sense of friendship among them.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »

On the other hand I think I'm expecting the opposite of ZeronHitaro, I want the show to go slower, to take it's time.

You misunderstand. XD I too want the show to slow down just a wee bit; but the first 4 episodes have already wedged the throttle to "Full Speed Ahead". Episode 5 will either bring it abruptly from 60 - 0 in 5 seconds flat or will have the common sense to opt for a gradual jump from 50 - 40 - 30.

I'm hoping for the latter. The former would wreck the show's pacing flow.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »

I didn't even know this came out! I'm watching the first episode right now and so far I love it. It's great that it uses all the same music and I love the tiny details in-between like the days changing and showing stat growth. 

"Oh, a hunter..."
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2011, 03:09:33 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this show is really mediocre?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Persona 4 fan and I welcome any opportunity to see the characters in a new light.  But this show is poorly paced, characters are not really developed (within the show, anyway), animation is average at best, and overall I can't really say it adds anything to the Persona 4 universe.  The only thing I'm actually enjoying are the little nods of appreciation to the games, like the calendar and stat things.

As it is I couldn't possibly recommend this show to anyone who isn't already a fan of the game.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this show is really mediocre?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Persona 4 fan and I welcome any opportunity to see the characters in a new light.  But this show is poorly paced, characters are not really developed (within the show, anyway), animation is average at best, and overall I can't really say it adds anything to the Persona 4 universe.  The only thing I'm actually enjoying are the little nods of appreciation to the games, like the calendar and stat things.

As it is I couldn't possibly recommend this show to anyone who isn't already a fan of the game.

No, I agree with you. The pacing is a complete mess. Still, I think this show is all about fanservice, on which it delivers.

Some anime reviewer on his blod said he's dropping it after watching episode 3. He never played the game and couldn't understand anything. He also said the breasts on the giant bird Yukiko were weird... I need to rewatch episode 3 and check that out =|
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »

I actually like it better than the game because I found the game a pain in the ass. :p

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: