Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:47:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332937 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Nintendo announcing new console at E3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo announcing new console at E3?  (Read 6472 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 12:06:04 AM »

starfox 64 with 3d tacked on is not a remake.

You're right, it's a rehash.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 12:16:18 AM »

I never said it did, but to say there's no games worthy of interest is just silly

There are plenty of great games on the Wii I wont deny that, but with the economy the way it I don't see myself buying nintendo's new console right away cause my Wii has barely been touched in over a year mainly cause I couldn't afford to buy the games I wanted for the Wii and the other games I wanted (more) as well. As a matter of fact my PS3 and XBOX 360 haven't seen much use lately either. I've been mainly playing PSP and PS2 games lately. I will however be picking a 3DS when I can if it's library is anything like the DS's I can see myself spending a lot of time with it.

Most you've ever  posted w/o mentioning asian girls
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 12:21:57 AM »

I never said it did, but to say there's no games worthy of interest is just silly

There are plenty of great games on the Wii I wont deny that, but with the economy the way it I don't see myself buying nintendo's new console right away cause my Wii has barely been touched in over a year mainly cause I couldn't afford to buy the games I wanted for the Wii and the other games I wanted (more) as well. As a matter of fact my PS3 and XBOX 360 haven't seen much use lately either. I've been mainly playing PSP and PS2 games lately. I will however be picking a 3DS when I can if it's library is anything like the DS's I can see myself spending a lot of time with it.

Most you've ever  posted w/o mentioning asian girls

Or anything phallic.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 12:26:37 AM »

Most you've ever  posted w/o mentioning asian girls

Or anything phallic.

Hey, now i can go at least 10 minutes without mentioning Asian girls, or anything sexual, on certain days at least.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:30:16 AM by Demon_Princess_Kay » Logged

Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 12:36:02 AM »

I'd actually be okay if Nintendo used the current model of MS/Sony with having both options at the same time.  That way, they can pump out all the lucrative motion-control games, but would have an additional controller that would be more traditional (and more friendly to third party developers).

I might be surprised if they went for true HD, though it would certainly help them in the long run.  I know I'm tired of having big budget titles have a separate stripped down Wii version with obligatory motion features.  Let's make Nintendo a contender again and bring back the energy of the 16-bit wars!

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 12:38:56 AM »

Unless Persona 5 is announced for it I'll be passing on this one for a while.

Persona 5 for a Nintendo console you say? I don't see that happening.

I'm saying that's the only thing that would get me to get it right away. Not saying it would ever happen.

If you don't think Mario Galaxy is a fun game then I question your gamerness

I like Mario Galaxy, but not enough for a game like it to justify a purchase of a new console.

and who are you to say what is of interest to someone?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011, 01:09:20 AM »

Unless Persona 5 is announced for it I'll be passing on this one for a while.

Persona 5 for a Nintendo console you say? I don't see that happening.

I'm saying that's the only thing that would get me to get it right away. Not saying it would ever happen.

If you don't think Mario Galaxy is a fun game then I question your gamerness

I like Mario Galaxy, but not enough for a game like it to justify a purchase of a new console.

and who are you to say what is of interest to someone?

And who are you to misinterpret something I say?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 05:40:52 AM »

There's absolutely no new data in these articles so there's really nothing to talk about.

Of course it will support HD, releasing a new console in 2012 without HD capabilities would be retarded.
Some sites reported that it would be more powerful than the PS360. Is that really surprising? The tech in those machines is already irrelevant, let alone a year from now. It wont be a powerhouse like the PS4 and 720 will probably be, but nintendo would actually have to go out of their way to put together something that isn't at least roughly equivalent to PS360 these days.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2011, 06:25:36 AM »

What I want in the next round of xboxes/PSes is the same fucking controller. We don't need more buttons. We don't need more sticks.

Let us use the same $60 controllers and battery packs and chargers we bought.

And my achievements better fucking carry over
360 achievements have already become tied to various mediums (GFWL, Xbox Live, and WP7), so I'm pretty certain there's no problem there.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2011, 06:36:02 AM »

Well, the Hd screen on the controller is probably true, CVG is supposed to be quoting a source that has seen it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2011, 11:56:30 AM »

I might be surprised if they went for true HD, though it would certainly help them in the long run.
It's impossible for them not to have HD, especially since a $10 graphics chip can push out 1080p video. To a degree it made sense the Wii didn't have HD, the market was there but it wasn't everywhere, not HD is, you can fall over a HDTV on the sidewalks, so it'll have it. Of course, the PS4 will come out pushing 4K and then people will make fun of how 1080p was so last year but I'll be fine with that.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »

Well, "True HD" is 1080p and thus a lo tmore demanding to reliably output than 720p. Still, it seems plausible enough that Nintendo could get the hardware for that and have a distinct edge over the 360 and PS3, for the most part those two are fine with just a 720p HDTV.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »

This reminds of the dreamcast, people were comparing it to the PSone when the machine was supposed to be competing with the PS2. It's a next gen console, of course it will be more powerful than the five year old machines we have now but that's beside the point and not even a fair comparison.
Anyway, having the ability to output 1080p doesn't mean all games will run at that res, the PS360 can do it too and only a handful of games actually make use of it. We need to know more about the hardware before we can draw any conclusions about performance.

Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »

This reminds of the dreamcast, people were comparing it to the PSone when the machine was supposed to be competing with the PS2. It's a next gen console, of course it will be more powerful than the five year old machines we have now but that's beside the point and not even a fair comparison.
Anyway, having the ability to output 1080p doesn't mean all games will run at that res, the PS360 can do it too and only a handful of games actually make use of it. We need to know more about the hardware before we can draw any conclusions about performance.
Yep!  My comment mainly stems from Nintendo's practice of just doing strange things (often using older, more "reliable" technology) rather than adopting the industry standard.  Sometimes they think so out of the box it hurts them (the N64 using carts as opposed to discs).  The original Game Boy is a good example as its innards were pretty dated at the time but also simple to program for and the battery life was enormous. 

But with the new Nintenbox probably going HD, perhaps it's a bad comparison simply because true HD isn't that difficult to achieve in a console these days, and will only get easier for the release date they set in the future.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »

Saw this on gaf:

Controller
- 6" touchscreen, not HD, not multitouch
- D-Pad, L, R, two triggers, others
- 'Front-facing camera'
- A sensor roughly analagous to the Wii sensor bar is incorporated in the controller - i.e. some kind of IR beacons/transmitters. Purpose isn't clear.

Specs
- Custom triple-core PowerPC
- AMD/ATI GPU. 'Probably' derived from R700 series.
- RAM unknown
- Developer quotes: graphics capabilities "roughly equal to those of the Xbox 360", performance "over the Xbox 360, but just a notch"

Misc
- One other 'huge surprise' about the system

Performance similar to current gen consoles is incredibly disappointing. How can you get away with something like that in late 2012? When sony and MS release their new machines the difference will be even bigger than it was between the wii and PS360. I mean come on, by the time the wii2 releases the 360 will be 7 years old, how can they strive to something equivalent to such an old hardware? Let's hope that it at least has a decent amount of ram, that could set it apart from the current machines.
I wonder what media will be used...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: