Saw this on gaf:
- 6" touchscreen, not HD, not multitouch
- D-Pad, L, R, two triggers, others
- 'Front-facing camera'
- A sensor roughly analagous to the Wii sensor bar is incorporated in the controller - i.e. some kind of IR beacons/transmitters. Purpose isn't clear.
- Custom triple-core PowerPC
- AMD/ATI GPU. 'Probably' derived from R700 series.
- RAM unknown
- Developer quotes: graphics capabilities "roughly equal to those of the Xbox 360", performance "over the Xbox 360, but just a notch"
- One other 'huge surprise' about the system
Performance similar to current gen consoles is incredibly disappointing. How can you get away with something like that in late 2012? When sony and MS release their new machines the difference will be even bigger than it was between the wii and PS360. I mean come on, by the time the wii2 releases the 360 will be 7 years old, how can they strive to something equivalent to such an old hardware? Let's hope that it at least has a decent amount of ram, that could set it apart from the current machines.
I wonder what media will be used...