Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338007 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Sony to announce "Major Franchise" new HD collection soon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Sony to announce "Major Franchise" new HD collection soon  (Read 2976 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »

MGS2 is excellent; better than MGS1 in my book due to the excellent gameplay. MGS1 has possibly the best story of the MGS saga, but MGS2 far eclipsed it in terms of gameplay and enjoyability. MGS3 is the best overall entry in the series.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »

The Subsistance version of MGS 3 is easily in the Top 5 best PS2 games.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »

Jax and Dexter
Sly Cooper
Devil May Cry

are all possibilities imo.  Metal Gear Solid seems like a good choice as well since it's a remake.

SMT or Suikoden could be a wet dream come true, but I don't think it's any of those.  Final Fantasy seems unlikely as well due to the fact that 7 would be the one to be remade if that was ever going to happen.  It's not Tekken since Namco is working on Tekken X Street Fighter and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.  Can't really comment on any of the other choices.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:34:28 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »

Sly Cooper was one of the first series to get an HD rerelease. I'm playing it right now.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »

Jax and Dexter
Sly Cooper
Devil May Cry

are all possibilities imo.  Metal Gear Solid seems like a good choice as well since it's a remake.

SMT or Suikoden could be a wet dream come true, but I don't think it's any of those.  Final Fantasy seems unlikely as well due to the fact that 7 would be the one to be remade if that was ever going to happen.  It's not Tekken since Namco is working on Tekken X Street Fighter and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.  Can't really comment on any of the other choices.

Sly Cooper was already released.
FFX and XII wouldn't be remakes, just rereleases with higher res, completely different situations.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 11:49:52 PM »

Sly Cooper was one of the first series to get an HD rerelease. I'm playing it right now.

Really?  I missed it when it was released for the PS2, really going to consider picking this up.

FFX and XII wouldn't be remakes, just rereleases with higher res, completely different situations.

Other than prettier graphics, what's the point? It's not like they were obscure or underplayed.  Not to mention, a lot of people just flat out don't like these two games at all so there's not much of a fan favorite thing going for them.  I guess weirder things have happened but I really don't see a reason to do it with PS2 FF games.  There has to be much more profitable use of their time and money.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:51:58 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 05:08:10 AM »

Really?  I missed it when it was released for the PS2, really going to consider picking this up.

Other than prettier graphics, what's the point? It's not like they were obscure or underplayed.  Not to mention, a lot of people just flat out don't like these two games at all so there's not much of a fan favorite thing going for them.  I guess weirder things have happened but I really don't see a reason to do it with PS2 FF games.  There has to be much more profitable use of their time and money.

Huh? FFX had a lot of fans. I'm not sure about FFXII.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 10:56:35 AM »

It'd be weird to do FFX because to me it's not the graphics that really date the game. It's the terrible dialog and voice acting.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 01:07:12 PM »

It'd be weird to do FFX because to me it's not the graphics that really date the game. It's the terrible dialog and voice acting.

I blame the dialogue more.  Bender DiMaggio is awesome. x)
I do think Yuna's voice is one of the worst things to happen to FF as a whole though; there's something not right about it, she sounds like she doesn't understand the language instead of soft and frail or whatever, worst is it doesn't transfer well to X-2.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »

Honestly, if it's first party, I see it being Ratchet and Clank rather than Jak.  Jak's been idle for several years now - Ratchet's still pretty popular.

Not quite right, while R&C's been way more active Jak had a new game about a year and a half ago for PS2/PSP, and had an appearance in that Heroes on the Move game (even if it was by most accounts cruddy). R&C does have the edge however in that there's a new game out this fall, much like God of War Collection was released as leadup to 3.

And while MGS2 had better gameplay I WAS heavily let down by the fact what seemed like one half of the game up and vanished part way through. Made the game feel a lot smaller as a result, but 3 made up for that. I consider 3 and Peace Walker the two best entries anyway, though 1's the one I'm fondest of.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 09:13:19 PM »

Random thought: The pre-Modern Warfare Call of Dutys.

I'm still hoping for DMC, though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 04:10:49 AM »

Twisted Metal is also a possibility considering that a new game is about to hit the PS3.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:41:54 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »

Bust A Groove Anthology in HD!

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 08:18:19 AM »

Im guessing Ratchet and Clank. It seems perfect for this kind of thing.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 10:05:48 AM »

I`d love Ratchet & Clank HD collection for one simple reason - it`s emulated horribly in PCSX2. FFX and FFXII run extremely well in HD even on low-end PCs, but not R&C. So, that`s what I`m hoping for.

Not to mention, a lot of people just flat out don't like these two games at all so there's not much of a fan favorite thing going for them.

Not true at all. Both games have a sizable fanbase.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: