Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 10:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332957 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Snatcher sequel *rumors*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Snatcher sequel *rumors*  (Read 2868 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:02:03 AM »

Does anyone know if there's any possibility of a sequel or remake of Snatcher?

I just stumbled across this but in searching I didn't find any new news.

If they did make a sequel that alone would be enough for me to get a PS3
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »

Kojima seems to have a couple of new games to announce at E3 so guesses have been all over the place. It's all speculation for now.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »

While a sequel would be great, just doing HD remakes of Snatcher and Policenauts, putting that on PS3, and bringing it to the US would be enough for me! :)

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:02:32 AM »

While a sequel would be great, just doing HD remakes of Snatcher and Policenauts, putting that on PS3, and bringing it to the US would be enough for me! :)

Hey Ramza!  Yes, we need an HD remake of these two gems.  The Sega CD version of Snatcher was good but I had to emulate it because it's way too damn expensive on eBay.  I hope Kojima announces these two for a remake on the PS3 and a sequel to what alot of people have been waiting for since 2003's Zone of the Enders 2.  I need ZoE3!!!!!

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 01:15:43 AM »

English Policenauts and Snatcher might finally be the thing that convinces me to buy digital games. (Though I doubt it, I'd rather see a disc compilation :P )

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:05:50 AM »

An HD remake for Snatcher and Policenauts for the PS3 sounds like something that would never ever happen. We still don't know if a Zone of the Enders Collection for the PS3 is going to happen yet and that has more possibilities to sell well than a remake of Snatcher and Policenauts given the fact the Zone of the Enders 3 needs publicity to get people excited about the new game (if KP officially announces the game once and for all).

It would be nice to see more Snatcher and Policenauts, no one is gonna deny that. But we also have to understand that Kojima Productions is working in a new Metal Gear Solid, a "remake" of Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 3DS and 3 or 4 projects that Kojima has hinted to be working on, and I seriously hope that is something new.

I love Metal Gear as much as the next guy, but is kinda infuriating to see such a talented team just working in Metal Gear and every couple of years in something new that doesn't even get the admiration that deserves sometimes.

...nobody remembers Boktai? No? :(
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 10:40:06 PM »

I need ZoE3!!!!!
Oh Gawd yes, me too. While I would love a Snatcher and Policonauts sequel/remake, ZoE3 would make my year.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 09:12:01 AM »

An HD remake for Snatcher and Policenauts for the PS3 sounds like something that would never ever happen. We still don't know if a Zone of the Enders Collection for the PS3 is going to happen yet and that has more possibilities to sell well than a remake of Snatcher and Policenauts given the fact the Zone of the Enders 3 needs publicity to get people excited about the new game (if KP officially announces the game once and for all).

It would be nice to see more Snatcher and Policenauts, no one is gonna deny that. But we also have to understand that Kojima Productions is working in a new Metal Gear Solid, a "remake" of Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 3DS and 3 or 4 projects that Kojima has hinted to be working on, and I seriously hope that is something new.

I love Metal Gear as much as the next guy, but is kinda infuriating to see such a talented team just working in Metal Gear and every couple of years in something new that doesn't even get the admiration that deserves sometimes.

...nobody remembers Boktai? No? :(

ZOE collection (and Fist of Mars?) would be possibly almost too good for it to happen.
I wonder if remakes of Boktai would work on 3/DS.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 05:29:06 AM »

Looks like whatever Kojima was working on got canned. I doubt it was MGS related since konami wouldn't reject a new MGS so it was either something new or the rumored snatcher sequel that he was calling "devil project". They just want the man to mass produce MGS games. I wouldn't be surprised if he quit konami.
I know that's a lot of speculation on my part but he says that a year of work was rendered useless, what else could it be? Peace Walker was released a year ago so it fits.

Here's what Kojima said about the project he was working on:

"The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo," he wrote. "If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry. However, I don't want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It's been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it's just one person. For a start, it's good."
"The project plan still hasn't reached a detailed level, but everything is advancing simultaneously in my head. Title, game design, story, characters, setting research, the mech that appear, casting, graphic direction, sound, beginning and ending, the major story sequences. It comes together naturally in my head."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:32:56 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 08:56:01 AM »

Interesting...

I could personally care less about MGS series... PSX one was fun... but I just couldn't get into MGS2

So the fact that they seem to be pressing him to be a MGS factory is shitty
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 10:29:43 AM »

A sequel to Snatcher or Policenauts is rather unlikely to happen, in my opinion. Firstly, these two are self-contained stories that don`t need any continuation. Secondly, very few people played the originals, so a direct sequel would be a tough sell.

An HD remake of either of them would be dope though. But redrawing all the assets in HD is expensive and it just wouldn`t justify the costs given the low interest.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:58 AM »

but if they are marketed correctly these games could be huge, they don't need to be anything but digital titles either.

There's "low interest" now because they were hard to come by titles on a system that was near the end of their lifespan that came out probably 15 years ago.

Few gamers today have heard of them because of that fact. But with detective/puzzle style gameplay being sort of in right now the time is ripe.

But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 12:14:34 PM »

Snatcher is menu-driven and Policenauts is a point-and-click`er. Both are way less 'gamey' than PC adventure games of old(Policenauts especially so). I just don`t think these kind of games can be popular today, good marketing or not. I`d like to be wrong though.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »

I would be pissed if they canned ZoE in favor of another MGS.

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 04:30:22 PM »

I don't see the reason to get a long face right now, we don't even know what got "canceled".
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: