Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:14:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341147 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Snatcher sequel *rumors*
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Snatcher sequel *rumors*  (Read 2950 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 12:15:34 AM »

I don't see the reason to get a long face right now, we don't even know what got "canceled".

We probably never will :P

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 02:17:54 AM »

it's possible some vacation he had been playing was cancelled
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »

Holy shit, someone posted this on gaf:

A reliable source told iWaggle3D today that the Raiden-centered MGS spin-off Metal Gear Solid Rising has switched developer, escaping Kojima Production to infiltrate Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish). Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta creator Hideki Kamiya is apparently directing the game.

But wait, there is more...

While unable to confirm nor deny Move support for Rising, our source shed some light on future plans regarding the MGS franchise as a whole.

Besides confirming the PS3 remake of Peace Walker (likely to be a "PSP Remaster" with possibly 3D support, albeit he couldn't tell for sure), he also revealed that the next installment in the "main" MGS franchise (Metal Gear Solid 5, basically) is scheduled for this generation as a multiplatform release, with PS3, Xbox 360, NGP and "possibly 3DS" mentioned as landing platforms.

Finally, PC remakes of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam.

Of course, like with any rumor, you might want to digest all of the above with a pinch of salt. While I have no reason not to trust the source that shared these details (I wouldn't relay this information to you otherwise), internal production plans can change, so...

Hopefully the upcoming E3 will set things in stone with some official confirmations from Konami.

It's from the iwaggle dude, he says it's from a reliable source...
Rising now in Kamiya's hands, remakes of all MGS games on PC, PW confirmed for PS3... The Rising news is particularly surprising if true. As for the PC versions, he later said that he was only told they would be coming to steam, doesn't mean they're remakes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:04:52 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »

I hope that they don't forget to put Portable Ops along with Peace Walker for the remastered edition. Other than that, those reliable sources are very questionable.

It makes wonder about a lot of stuff that doesn't make to much sense to me right now, can you put the link please?

Edit: OK, so this is the link. I still find hard this to believe.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:24:26 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »

Platinum Metal Gear Solid Rising Rumor Possibly Debunked
Hideo Kojima Answers Big Questions (with a Yes and a No)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »

Wish ya'll would stop bumping this w/ MGS news
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »

I didn't want to post more Metal Gear stuff here, but it was related with what CDFN posted before.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »

Wish ya'll would stop bumping this w/ MGS news

Seriously though, my post about Kojima being upset might be related, when he was teasing his new project he posted a pic with snatcher and policenauts on his twitter, implying that they were at least an inspiration.
As for the MGS rumor, it wasn't worthy of a new thread since it was just a rumor.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 04:58:16 PM »

Is this Kojima telling us that he's working on a new Snatcher game?

Let's pray.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 05:13:51 PM »

He knows that posting those pics will create expectations for a new snatcher game, so assuming that this tweet isn't a cruel tease I'd say that he might be working on something.
I wonder if he's already working on (or at least thinking about) ZOE3. I wonder if the ZOE collection is supposed to create hype for ZOE3 or if its sales will determine if we get a sequel or not.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 05:20:11 PM »

Given that the linked post predates the thread and the other bumps were MGS news I think this thread is only running in circles now. Locking until actual news surfaces.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: