Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:41:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332936 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Paper Mario 3DS.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Paper Mario 3DS.  (Read 1372 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »

Anyone know if this is going to be a remake/port of the first game on the N64 or The Thousand Year Door that was on GameCube? All articles I read half say one, half say the other.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »

Actually, my understanding is that it's an original game.  It'll use a turn-based battle system like Thousand Year Door, though.  (I haven't played the N64 game, but REALLLLY need to.)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »

Seconded. I am almost positive it's an original game, though. Which is awesome.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »

The most concrete evidence I've seen is a screenshot with Mario having a Chain Chomp companion.  Don't think that's happened in a past game, has it?

—Kurt Vonnegut
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »

With all the remakes for the 3DS I wouldn't hold my breath, its probably a facelifted N64 port like Ocarina or Starfox. Its heart breaking to see what Nintendo has become. The 3DS may cost them the last foothold on the foreign market they had left.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
deathsaber

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »

Can't wait for this- I hope its more Paper Mario, than Super Paper Mario - please bring back the lite - RPG battle system!
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 12:02:40 AM »

This may well be the first game to convince me to buy a 3DS, assuming it's an original game.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 09:48:40 AM »

Wow, no one even here at RPGville even knows the answer? Hahaha...

I'm cool with the N64 remakes. Back when the N64 and PS1 came out, I bought an N64 because Sony stated to distance themselves from the SNES they were not going to focus at all on RPG's. So I bought the N64 and had it a year and had only 2 games I liked.... Mario64 and Banjo Kazooie. I sold it and never regretted it aside from a few games. Most notably the 2 Zelda games that came out that I never got to play and Paper Mario. So if it's a remake of the N64 game I'll be cool with that because I never played it. I played the Thousand Year Door, so if it's a remake of that, I'll pass. BUt it'd be awesome if it was a brand new game.

I actually love my 3DS. Some people complain it's not portable because you need to look straight on at it, but I've never played handhelds as portable devices really anyway. I don't live within 100 miles of a subway, so I don't play there. And if I am on a trip I don't trust other drivers enough to stare at a 3DS all the time... I'm always watching traffic so we don't... die. :P Every single minute I play handhelds I'm in a house, sitting in a chair, so having to look straight on at it is nothing for me. I don't know how the history of the 3DS will play out, but I will say playing what little of a few early games it definitely has potential.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:46:48 AM »

It's a new game.  There's way too much new content (And no old content) in the available screenshots for this to be a remake/rerelease.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:13:15 AM »

Yeah, since posting last night, I've read more info and watched some more videos... despite having not played all of the old games, there's now no question in my mind that this is a new game.  The battle system looks to be fairly similar to Thousand Year Door, with action commands and special attacks and jumps and hammers and such.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: