Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 09:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331356 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Sonic Generations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Sonic Generations  (Read 7892 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »

Official Gameplay Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1Osnkr5Nc

More pics here:

http://www.sega.com/games/sonic-generations/

Official press release:

SEGA® America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd., today announced details of Sonic Generations™, the highly anticipated video game title in development to celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog’s 20th Anniversary. Delivering the definitive gaming experience for Sonic fans old and new, Sonic Generations™ sees Sonic the Hedgehog playable as both the much loved classic 1991 character, and the modern day video game hero he has become in this exciting new fast paced adventure. Sonic Generations™ will speed into stores for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for Holiday 2011.

Set across three defining eras from 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog video game history, the instantly recognizable environments of Sonic Generations have been re-built in stunning HD and are now playable in both classic side scrolling 2D from 1991, as well as modern 3D style found in Sonic’s most recent adventures. Each incarnation of Sonic in Sonic Generations comes complete with his trademark special move, Spin Dash and Spin Attack for Classic Sonic, and the Homing Attack and Sonic Boost for Modern Sonic. An innovative new interactive menu system allows for complete immersion in Sonic’s universe with favorite characters and hidden treasures gradually being revealed throughout the game.

“Sonic Generations will certainly be a fitting celebration for Sonic’s 20th Anniversary,” commented David Corless, Global Brand Director for Sonic. “By having the classic 1991 Sonic that many fans know and love team up with his modern day incarnation, we are bringing back the nostalgia of the early days of Sonic and combining it with the innovation and stunning HD technology of the modern gaming era. Sonic Generations will bring to life the last twenty years of Sonic’s universe in a truly unique and imaginative way.”

Sonic’s universe is thrown into chaos when a mysterious new power creates ‘time holes’ which pull him and his friends back through time. As a result, he encounters some surprises from his past history including Classic Sonic, Sonic as he was in 1991. Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic must defeat this strange new enemy, save their friends, and find out who really is behind this diabolical deed...

"playable in both classic side scrolling 2D from 1991, as well as modern 3D style found in Sonic’s most recent adventures"

Translation: half the game will suck.

" pull him and his friends back through time"

Oh shit...

"will speed into stores"

Looks like it's a retail release and not a download only title like sonic 4.

Lots more gameplay here:

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?id=cw4dac4aa853a0d&pic=GEN

They actually used the green hill zone theme again, considering how shitty sonic 4 music was I'd rather listen to the old music anyway, it's not like anyone at sega will write something as good as the 16 bit masterpieces anyway.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:38:41 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »

To be fair the "modern" levels looks just like the daytime levels from unleashed which I thought were pretty good.
If they don't fuck up the physics (the reason why I didn't buy sonic 4) this could be decent.
God, why does sonic have to say "Ha" everytime he jumps. His voice is so annoying.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »

No... just no. People have to stop saying that I new Sonic game can be decent, Sega have already had too many opportunities wasted already to make a good game with this franchise and they have failed in one of the worst ways possible.

Over and over and over again.

Then again, those Sonic fans will eat anything that Sega puts in their mouths. More power to them*, I guess.

And by "them" I mean Sega*.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »

Some of the new Sonic games are good, Sonic Colors was great and parts of Sonic Unleashed were not that bad. Now Sonic '06 was just TERRIBLE but me and my old roommate played through it for some reason. I'm cautiously optimistic as there have been some decent entries mixed in with all the bad crap.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »

Hmmm, can't say Ive ever been a sonic fan. This looks like something fans of the original games might like though. As I understand it, the last "classic" Sonic game Sega tried to do was too slow. This one looks about right in terms of speed.

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: No idea yet
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »

The guy on GI said the control is much better than Sonic 4, so if that's the case then this could be cool.

I can't see paying 59.99 for this though
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/26733/71509/Sonic_Generations/Spielszenen.html

I'm a jaded motherfucker and as an old school Sega fan, I'm usually the first in line to rip modern Sega apart.  Dumb trailers and stupid bickering over what Sonic should look like really doesn't matter... that video I just linked is what sold me on this game.  I see a pretty decent mix of platforming elements (you can see parts where the player skips past them) and rushing through at top speed.

I haven't bought a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 from a decade ago.  They tried to fool me before with Sonic 2006, Sonic Unleashed, and even Sonic 4.  For once however, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and buy this one.  It really does look like the real deal.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »

At the start of that video he goes from running at full speed into the spindash without stopping, weird...

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »

The Sonic Cycle begins anew!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »

Sonic Colors already broke it, it LOOKS like this might ensure it stays that way.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »

Meh; looks decent. Probably won't get it though. Sonic had a chance to be great but lost it when SEGA decided to let their Japanese team handle him. You think they would've learned considering what all happened during his creation. XD
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 05:58:05 AM »

A lot of people hated Sonic 4. I thought it was fine. Not excellent, not even great, but still fun.

Still, I'm wary of full price releases. We'll see...

Yusuf Mohammed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »

Is it free?

And if so, Where is its downloading link?

Dashquid
fatlossprofessional.co.uk
fatlossprofessional
mobilehelper
securetrip
whichpetcover
google
abc
facebook
craigslist
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:23:54 AM by Yusuf Mohammed » Logged

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »

I'll add this to the list. I've been a huge Sonic fan since I was a kid, so this looks like the perfect nostalgia trip.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 05:11:54 AM »

Demo is already available on PSN in some regions (Hong Kong, Singapore).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: