Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 05:19:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319265 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What keeps you going everyday?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: What keeps you going everyday?  (Read 6918 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »

Yoda's fine ass.

Coffee.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »

It's hard to break habits.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »

The fact that I was given life should mean something. I'm not religious, (though I do believe in a god or goddess rather) so I don't have an afterlife to look forward to. We were all put here for reason what keeps me going is finding out what the reason is and accomplishing it. Life is a privilege one no one should waste. I've always believed this to some extent so despite a few bouts with depression I've never really considered suicide.

Other than that it's the 8 gigs of hentai on my hard drive, and the fact that one day Person 5 will be announced.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »

Lots of things.

It'd be easier to list the things that get me really bummed out instead of the things that keep me up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:03:57 PM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »

There were times in the past when I thought I COULDN'T go on any longer, and I almost didn't.

Right now though? Lots of things. The great people I talk to (yes, I mean you guys), the class I teach at the volunteer centre, my boyfriend who supports me in my crazy aspirations, my little sister who lights up my life.

I have a lot in life to be thankful for. But none of it is easy to maintain, and all of it was won by sheer determination on my part. Except for my sister, the credit will probably have to go to my mum and dad on that one.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 05:14:23 PM »

There were times in the past when I thought I COULDN'T go on any longer, and I almost didn't.

Right now though? Lots of things.

ditto.

my kids are super cool. and my family is really kind.

and videogames are fun.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »

There will always be people that make it worth it - be it family, friends, +1s or all of the above.

Besides that, not always knowing what's around the corner and being cool with that.

...Okay, and yes, Mass Effect 3.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »

"http://www.cnn.com/20(At this point the original link was unreadable).

It's like something's taunting me. Not taunting. Goading into action. I feel liking I'm echoing messages to myself into a void so they can be retrieved at some point in the past or future. That, subconsciously, I am in control of this. I see cities and I see them burning."

-- (Name Omitted), Management.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 01:13:52 AM »

Yoda's fine ass.
Coffee.

Redeemed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 01:41:34 AM »

My faith, family and friends, and the beauty of the world.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 01:30:25 PM »

- Having Goose invade Chicago, effectively travelling a great distance to hang out with me to play games and eat food

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 02:04:30 PM »

/ . .   /
(   (    |
 \   \    \

**the two dots are the "above-the-ass" dimples.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »

Damn good question, Ms. Dice.
I'm a bit older than a lot of you, so I can offer a different perspective on the question. I've already been through college, shit jobs that don't pay, and relationships that are going nowhere. I have a good job in the field I love(Landscaping) that pays me well enough to be comfortable. I've been married for 12 years now, and have a 10 year old son.
What keeps me going everyday? For one, a cure for thishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia, which I have been diagnosed with after years of going to doctors and getting no answers. FYI: It sucks.
On the more positive side, I am an avid(read:fanatical) gardener, and can't wait to get out there each day to see what's going on, and get my hands dirty. There is nothing I'd rather be doing.
I love doing things with my son. Like teaching him all about gardening(shocker!), and how to respect all living things. Seeing his eyes light up in delight over discovering a cool new bug, or figuring out a problem that stumped him, truly makes me happy. He's a damn good kid, and I am very proud of him.
My wife, who is truly my best friend, and can make me smile on the days when I really need to. A hug from her can make the pain go away, if only for a few seconds. Her determination and strength are beyond admiration, and I only wish I had half as much. Not to mention that she's a total geek(Vampires, horror movies, etc.), which makes it easy for her to understand my own obsessions.
Mushy stuff aside, the woman's got an ass that won't quit. And I get to see it everyday! Life is good.
; - )
Plus, I really DO look forward to certain new movies coming out, watching great shows like Dr. Who, etc.

and Mass Effect 3
; - )

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 03:10:08 PM »

Grim, wow, I have Fibromyalgia, too.  It's funny because I just blogged about this: http://kstarlet.blogspot.com/2011/04/gaming-as-my-way-of-dealing.html

It truly does take its toll on your quality of life, so I can totally relate to the hardships.  I hope one day they have more answers and solid medicine that actually works.  Being in chronic pain all the time can make you miserable, but in the end, it has made me appreciate all the little things in life that I took for granted before.  People really do take their health for granted.  All that can really help relief some of it is having a solid support of friends and family, also never losing your zest or passion for life.  I'm happy I have others that are awesome to get me through, including people here at the 'Fan.  Sounds like you do, too, Grim. :)

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 03:19:07 PM »

Damn guys, that sucks, sorry to hear that. The positive attitude you guys are showing is really inspiring.

I also forgot to mention Mass Effect 3.
And Uncharted 3.
And The Last Guardian.
And... yeah, you get the point :-)

You seem to have a fantastic wife Grim. I hate to inform you that she isn't the best wife in the world though, that would be mine ;-)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: