Author Topic: What keeps you going everyday?

dyeager

• Contributing Editor
  • Code Monkey Like Fritos
    • View Profile
Re: What keeps you going everyday?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
You seem to have a fantastic wife Grim. I hate to inform you that she isn't the best wife in the world though, that would be mine ;-)

You're both incorrect.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
Do you wanna take this outside?
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Commander Jubby Shepard

• What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.
  • If you come back you will find me a very grave man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 03:53:02 PM »
I find a lot of your guys' stories inspiring, but as far as I can tell, my eason to keep going on is because there's nothing better to do. I don't feel emo or angsty, but my god does that sound like something Sora would say.
If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
Grim, wow, I have Fibromyalgia, too.  It's funny because I just blogged about this: http://kstarlet.blogspot.com/2011/04/gaming-as-my-way-of-dealing.html

It truly does take its toll on your quality of life, so I can totally relate to the hardships.  I hope one day they have more answers and solid medicine that actually works.  Being in chronic pain all the time can make you miserable, but in the end, it has made me appreciate all the little things in life that I took for granted before.  People really do take their health for granted.  All that can really help relief some of it is having a solid support of friends and family, also never losing your zest or passion for life.  I'm happy I have others that are awesome to get me through, including people here at the 'Fan.  Sounds like you do, too, Grim. :)

Excellent writeup there, Kimberley. My wife knows this is part of the reason why I love games and movies so much. The temporary escape I get while playing/watching them really does help.
Very few people know about my illness. I am hesitant to tell my extended family about it, and am not quite sure why. Afraid to appear weak? The undesired look of pity that comes to people's eyes when told about such a thing? I don't want to be pitied. Sure, I'm not quite able to do all the things that I used to, but I am hardly an invalid.
You seem to have a fantastic wife Grim. I hate to inform you that she isn't the best wife in the world though, that would be mine ;-)

You're both incorrect.
Mine is also a fantastic baker! Homemade bread for the win!
: - )
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:10:11 PM by GrimReality »
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 04:09:28 PM »
wife swap?

j/k I'm not married

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 04:46:14 PM »
wife swap?

j/k I'm not married

Better idea. Everyone just gives me their wives in exchange for all the change I have in my pockets.

Vanguard

• I am America, and I hate JRPGs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 04:47:14 PM »
Wait, you're wearing pants?
Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.

Commander Jubby Shepard

• What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.
  • If you come back you will find me a very grave man
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »
wife swap?

j/k I'm not married

Better idea. Everyone just gives me their wives in exchange for all the change I have in my pockets.

I'm pretty sure there's a boob joke hidden in there somewhere, but I'll have to look deeper to find it...

Anyways, back to topic, I found something that keeps me going: my hopes to make the perfect JRPG.
If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
Wait, you're wearing pants?

Technically she just said pockets. She could just be wearing a trench coat or a belt w/ two pockets attached

Logick

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 08:02:11 PM »
Friends, family, discovering new things, hoping to find a special someone again, and indie dreams are slowly happening.

BTW Tomara you're in the industry also?  Where and what do you do?  PM me if you wish :)
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
Call it lame, call it silly, i don't care. The only thing that drives me to simply not vegetate in my room and becomes a useless bum is the hope that one day, something really horrible happens. aliens take over, nuclear war, a megalomaniac with some unreal superpower starts destroying the world, whatever. When that happens, I wanna be the one to step forward and do something about it, not exactly save the day, but be the driving force behind it.

I guess you could say I wanna be a hero, and as long as I am alive, it can happen...goddamnit it can happen.

TASTY!

Fei

• !?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »
http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-303/page023.html

I have no idea what actually keeps me going.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:58:43 PM by Fei »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 03:36:06 AM »
Friends, family, discovering new things, hoping to find a special someone again, and indie dreams are slowly happening.

BTW Tomara you're in the industry also?  Where and what do you do?  PM me if you wish :)

I'm more on the journalism side of things. I write for a Dutch independent Nintendo magazine called [N]Gamer. I guess developers might not call us part of the game industry since you're closer to the core and we act on the outskirts closer to the consumerbase, but consider this: we share the same ups and downs. We need your games to earn our paychecks and you need us too.

Anyway, I'm also trying to get work as a translator but it's difficult. Not because I lack skills but because not many companies allow translators to work from home.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
Call it lame, call it silly, i don't care. The only thing that drives me to simply not vegetate in my room and becomes a useless bum is the hope that one day, something really horrible happens. aliens take over, nuclear war, a megalomaniac with some unreal superpower starts destroying the world, whatever. When that happens, I wanna be the one to step forward and do something about it, not exactly save the day, but be the driving force behind it.

I guess you could say I wanna be a hero, and as long as I am alive, it can happen...goddamnit it can happen.

There are plenty of horrible things happening right now. Ailens don't need to invade for you to be a hero.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

CastNuri

• AMG A GIRL
  • There are no coincidences.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »

There are plenty of horrible things happening right now. Ailens don't need to invade for you to be a hero.

Agreed. Horrible things are happening in the present-- just because they're not in the 'format' you expect them to be, that doesn't mean you can't help!
"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com