Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 12:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340850 Posts in 13927 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  tri-Ace Technical Demo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: tri-Ace Technical Demo  (Read 7488 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »

this is relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPkuF3iFAcc#t=0m39s
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »

Even as a tri-Ace fan, I was thoroughly disappointed in SO4... (added for Dice - but the combat was superb.)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 09:36:16 PM »

(added for Dice - but the combat was superb.)

:D  ♡ 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »

"Grampa would always take nappy time with me, 'kay?"

Eww. :(

Everything Tri-Ace makes is horrible.

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 09:51:56 PM »

I only play Tri-Ace games for the combat system cause more often then not everything else is fucking terrible. I loved SO4's combat, but everything else was pretty awful. I think that whole 'kay thing Lymle did was more annoying to me since Kay is my fucking name!

Also I like Laura Bailey. If she's given the correct role i think she does a great job. That and well I think her voice is adorable.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 10:16:34 PM »

Even as a tri-Ace fan, I was thoroughly disappointed in SO4... (added for Dice - but the combat was superb.)

Well, it certainly appears I am in the minority, lol. I actually liked the visuals and while I enjoyed the mechanics of the battle system I actually hated the reality of it. I felt the battles could be way too hit or miss and fighting awkward at best. Go ahead...I put on my fire retardant suit ;)

Everything's Eventual
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2011, 01:10:00 AM »

You all thought Star Ocean 4 was disappointing? Try Infinite Undiscovery, folks. ;)

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 01:15:16 AM »

You all thought Star Ocean 4 was disappointing? Try Infinite Undiscovery, folks. ;)

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DUMB INVISIBLE WALLS I WANT TO EXPLORE DAMMIT
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2011, 05:35:58 AM »

I just want to make it clear that resonance of fate was great. Some of the best characters and english voice acting I remember seeing in a jrpg.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2011, 06:29:07 AM »

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DUMB INVISIBLE WALLS I WANT TO EXPLORE DAMMIT

You see, the title is very correct, 'cuz it's an Infinite Undiscovery of invisible walls.
I just want to make it clear that resonance of fate was great. Some of the best characters and english voice acting I remember seeing in a jrpg.

Seconded. Resonance of Fate kicks ass. Huge learning curve, but it's a really good JRPG nonetheless.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2011, 09:12:38 AM »

It was a decent tech demo but I'm rarely impressed with console tech demos because all they do is show how good they can make old hardware look. That's by no means a bad thing but the reality is they are working on an engine to make ps3 games look good. I remember watching the original tech demo for the Source engine or the cloth and hair demo CCP Games put out a year or so ago, those showed something new which really is what I want to see from a tech demo.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »

Hope someday we can get a new Valkyrie Profile game again.That story has so many holes all over.Covenant of the Plume in particular...

:S

Larahl

Say, fuzzy pickles.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »

I've found the tech demo to be a bit too brown. I'm still impressed though. tri-Ace is finally catching up and for a fair small company it's pretty amazing stuff.
The woman is hot.

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2011, 03:30:08 PM »

Hope someday we can get a new Valkyrie Profile game again.That story has so many holes all over.Covenant of the Plume in particular...

:S

I hated covenant of Plume, though admittedly I was fucking terrible at it. I just want them to make a new VP that's like the first one.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »

The fact that einherjiar are completely irrelevant and carbon copies of each other in VP2 pointed to why the game was terrible as a VP title.
Putting their lore in a section of the character menu does not equal telling their story.
Giving them all the same 'soul crush' was developer laziness.
Code:
Lenneth creator is worst than half of the other characters when she should be able to vaporize everyone by just looking at them.
Time travel is the worst excuse ever for a script and also grandfather paradox much huh?
Also, why bother calling the game Silmeria when it's all about Alicia.

The game was okay, but it could have bore any title other than VP and made actually more sense.

If they make a VP3, I hope they realize some of this =/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:48:57 AM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: