Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  tri-Ace Technical Demo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: tri-Ace Technical Demo  (Read 6460 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 06:59:58 PM »

Speaking about ROF, I just went back to it because I never got around to exploring neverland and though I'm very underleveled I'm completely addicted by the challenge provided by the battles.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2011, 07:23:54 PM »

please explain to me how covenant of the plume has holes? it you get ending B
Code:
it makes sense since odin and freya talk about sealing lenneth's memories because she lost to wyl on purpose out of sympathy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:49:49 AM by Eusis » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2011, 04:50:59 AM »

Guys? This isn't a "Valkyrie Profile plot discussion" thread or anything, so don't go throwing around unmarked spoilers please, even if most everyone that cares to know probably knows anyway.

(Would have dealt with this earlier if it weren't for my ear bothering me.)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »

SO4 was an abomination and Tri-Ace is an outdated developer.

And yet, people buy ImageEpoch and Compile Hearts titles.

Lolis & fan service = $$$$$

Also, Atlus are working wonders on next-gen hardware, I think.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »

This. Well, maybe blame the VA director, but given the track record of the company that localized SO4 and some of those actors (Laura Bailey) it's pretty clear tri-Ace made an absolute piece of shit that you could only TRY, in vain, to pretty up.

QFT. 8-4 does amazing localization work, and I think it's safe to say that SO4's *source script* was poopoo from the start. I mean, compare SO4 to DQVI and Nier. Also, this bio is made of win:

8-4 is a video game localization company based in Shibuya, Tokyo. When we’re not lovingly translating your favorite RPG or junior-high ballet trainer/dating sim, we enjoy hunting monsters, recording podcasts, and making our interns perform live re-enactments of scenes from Chaos Wars.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »

This. Well, maybe blame the VA director, but given the track record of the company that localized SO4 and some of those actors (Laura Bailey) it's pretty clear tri-Ace made an absolute piece of shit that you could only TRY, in vain, to pretty up.

QFT. 8-4 does amazing localization work, and I think it's safe to say that SO4's *source script* was poopoo from the start. I mean, compare SO4 to DQVI and Nier. Also, this bio is made of win:

8-4 is a video game localization company based in Shibuya, Tokyo. When we’re not lovingly translating your favorite RPG or junior-high ballet trainer/dating sim, we enjoy hunting monsters, recording podcasts, and making our interns perform live re-enactments of scenes from Chaos Wars.

I said it first...!  He quoted me! ... props to me.. yeeaah.  I'm like that.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2011, 12:26:07 AM »

I said it first...!  He quoted me! ... props to me.. yeeaah.  I'm like that.

Well, I was expanding on that point so that the possible culprits were narrowed down: The voice actors have done great work elsewhere (looking more I've noticed one of them, Bacchus, has the same voice actor as ROY MUSTANG) and the localization company is superb, so that leaves tri-Ace and MAYBE some localization director bloke at Square Enix. Given the base material it seems obvious it can only be cleaned up so much, the CHARACTER RENDERS are some of the creepiest I've ever seen.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 12:29:53 AM »

I actually thought the graphics were okay.  Maybe real just got too close anime.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 05:12:30 AM »

I thought some of the characters looked okay. Reimi, Meracle, and Myuria were cute, but Edge, and Bacchus creeped me out. Though no one was creepier than Lymle. The way she says 'kay with those creepy eyes, and blank stare. I know she's out to kill me. *hides under computer desk*

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »

Lymle is actually a terminator sent from the far, far future to kill us all...I'm totally convinced of it.

Everything's Eventual
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »

BURN IT WITH FIRE
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »

If you're gonna burn it you definitely should use fire.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »

Yeah, a bit late on this one but, it does look very very impressive. Not completely convinced until I actually see it in a game, instead of a video on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually possible though. They managed to squeeze quite a lot out of both the PS and PS2 during their respective runs, so I'm fairly sure the same will apply to current systems as well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:53:02 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: