Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 08:37:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332947 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  UnchainBlade ReXX
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: UnchainBlade ReXX  (Read 6945 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 03:00:25 PM »

The conversations in this game are more annoying than the ones in the SMT games. Never thought I'd say that.

"My mother is dead."

":("

"Don't pity me, ugh!

-

"My mother is dead."

":D"

"Aw, you've cheered me up!"

Wtf.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »

First impression is glowing, gameplay wise. Dungeons are gorgeous, some of the nicest I've ever seen, music is great as well.

Story, well... remains to be seen. Shame that the game has gotten practically no mainstream attention.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »

Yea.  Barely any reviews even.  I think a lot of people are missing out and don't know it
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »

So uh, will RPGFan still be reviewing PSP games? Gungnir and this are still no-shows.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »

We're busy with a lot of stuff. As you know, we work for free, receive little to no reward other than the occasional hate mail that we can laugh at, and balance these things with our personal lives/relationships, work, and studies, where applicable. It's not like writing a short piece whining about a company not bringing out the games we want, when we want them.

Passive aggressive posts about how slow we are will not help reviews be done any faster. It'd be much appreciated if you would lose the attitude.

TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

someone hit a nerveee
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »

And here I thought it was global warming that was bringing the heat, but instead it was the burn.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »

I meant no disrespect, I'd just like to see niche games get more attention, and reviews can only help.

And no, I didn't know you work for free.

Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »

We're busy with a lot of stuff. As you know, we work for free, receive little to no reward other than the occasional hate mail that we can laugh at, and balance these things with our personal lives/relationships, work, and studies, where applicable. It's not like writing a short piece whining about a company not bringing out the games we want, when we want them.

Passive aggressive posts about how slow we are will not help reviews be done any faster. It'd be much appreciated if you would lose the attitude.

What part of his post was passive aggressive? I'm sure everyone who uses this site is appreciative of your hard work and reviews, but it doesn't give you an excuse to jump on someone for asking a simple and inoffensive question. I really don't mind being banned for the rebuke, but perhaps you would do well to "lose the attitude".
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2012, 12:47:45 AM »

What part of his post was passive aggressive? I'm sure everyone who uses this site is appreciative of your hard work and reviews, but it doesn't give you an excuse to jump on someone for asking a simple and inoffensive question. I really don't mind being banned for the rebuke, but perhaps you would do well to "lose the attitude".

While Ashton was harsh there, it IS frustrating to see someone who doesn't have any idea what's going on behind the scenes constantly nag for something, especially when it escalates into questions about their commitment to a certain area, in this case PSP RPG coverage. If a review's not forthcoming it's better to assume that no one's been able to get to it just yet than it being a sign of a shift in priorities, especially since reviews for older games do pop up and a system's state of life hasn't been a barrier for new releases being reviewed.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »

I meant no disrespect, I'd just like to see niche games get more attention, and reviews can only help.

And no, I didn't know you work for free.
This is understandable. Apologies if I sounded like a dick, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2012, 01:42:24 AM »

fwiw, my current life-state (unemployed) allowed me to pour 60+ hours into this game and review it on my stupid tiny personal blog.

http://gameosaurus.com/roahr/2012/07/whipped-into-shape-unchained-blades-review/

while I did that, the RPGFan staff reviewed half a dozen games and put out like 50 news articles. And most of them have real jobs or are in school.

Oy I need a job. :P

But yeah, this game is good. My hope is that when the 3DS release hits, XSEED markets it a little harder.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34:47 AM »

The review is on its way.

Because it's not a paid gig editors contribute to RPGFan in their spare or free time. There's no intent to ignore this game or that game - don't get me wrong, we love that people want to read our reviews. But things are bound to slip through the cracks, with everything Ashton mentioned and with people going on vacation, moving etc.

In any case, check for UB in the coming days. I agree with Pat that Xseed didn't market this one very much at all. Shame. The few I know who played it have mentioned that it's a lot of fun.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2012, 07:58:06 AM »

Good in depth review Ramza
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »

And some other guys posted a review too.

Good review, and I only get impatient because I trust this site's opinions first and foremost. :)
(If nothing else, the reviews are always fun to read.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: