Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 02:56:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328023 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  UnchainBlade ReXX
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: UnchainBlade ReXX  (Read 6483 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:01 AM »

I meant no disrespect, I'd just like to see niche games get more attention, and reviews can only help.

And no, I didn't know you work for free.
This is understandable. Apologies if I sounded like a dick, I just wanted to set the record straight.

You should hear how much a dick I sound like when someone starts pressing me custom drawings and art.... and they ARE paying me-LoL!!

Quality takes time, period. In regard to game reviews, I just read agarest 2 get slaughtered in 2 seperate reviews when the authors clearly did not even get waste deep in the title before writing them off.... I'd rather read a review by someone who took the time to immerse themselves in the game, rather than get  it out as close to release as possible.

That said, don't read me wrong.... I don't have an opinion one way the other about whether or not the question posed was passive agressive.... I'm not saying that at all...

All I am saying is I DO know where your aggressive response came from Ashton.... The same place my aggression comes from when a 20 hour piece of art is 15 hours done and I keep getting phone calls asking (very often, innocently enough) "is my piece done yet??"

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »

You mean waist deep not "waste" lol

Good review.  I didn't find the game very difficult though.  I think it depends a lot on what characters you use in your party and how thorough you are in your exploration.  The only things I had trouble with were judgement battles and the Lucius chapter.  Other than that I never got killed by normal enemies or bosses except for the very first boss and a rare fairy enemy in Tortuga.  It seemed like by the time I got to each boss I was so strong it would be hard to lose.  But like I said, I took my time and suspect that fang/tiana/lapis/mari is a pretty hard to kill party.  cleared bit over 70 hours

I suspect about 10 of those hours are unintended grinding while trying to get followers.for stupid judgement battles though.  Doesn't help that I didn't realize an easier unchain method till I'd already cleared the game >__<
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:08:19 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »

Doesn't help that I didn't realize an easier unchain method till I'd already cleared the game >__<

And that method would be...? Don't leave us hanging, man, that info could be really helpful. =P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »

I got distacted by the damage level icons and thought some monsters needed to be well below half life to get unchained but now I think its fine as long as they are under 50%.  I also didnt realize I could attack bare handed.  So an effective way seems to be....

1)Unequip your weapons on some chars (preferably weak atk ones like lapis) so you do 1dmg with normal attack
2)Get enemy below half life
3)Set everyone who still has a weapon to guard
4)Characters with no weapon keep hitting for 1dmg till unchain appears.  Most likely an unchain will appear well before it dies. 
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »

Heck, just have your staff user attack, she only does like 3 damage a hit.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2012, 11:43:05 AM »

that's ok but the less damage the better.  It's also faster if you have more characters hitting for 1dmg each turn
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 12:19:29 AM »

So I know the PSP is a niche platform and all, but I found this pretty sickening.

I asked Colin Moriarty at IGN why their PSP coverage has been, well, non-existent.
(Nothing on Growlanser, Gungnir, Unchained Blades, etc.)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/24/this-week-on-the-psn-072412

We've opted not to cover those games. Greg and I can only do so much; we think our time is better spent on PS3 and Vita at this point.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »

"Sickening" is a pretty strong word for something like not having your favorite games be covered.

Just sayin'.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »

More like ignoring an entire platform.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »

I still wouldn't really find that sickening. Disappointing, maybe, but not sickening.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 02:15:08 PM »

It'd be more problematic if everybody else wasn't also ignoring the PSP at this point.

It's honestly more surprising that Japan hasn't moved on from the device yet considering how fast they jumped from the DS to the 3DS.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »

The sequel is gonna be on psp as well.  No love for vita
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »

i just tend to assume western media doesnt care about japaneese games without name recognition.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »

It'd be more problematic if everybody else wasn't also ignoring the PSP at this point.

It's honestly more surprising that Japan hasn't moved on from the device yet considering how fast they jumped from the DS to the 3DS.

My guess is that the 3DS offered a big title Japan wanted. (Probably Pokemon.)

Vita has yet to do that, so they're sticking with the PSP, and the sales numbers prove it.

And I agree the PSP's in dire straits in the US, but considering most of the new software is still Vita compatible, it's just poor form not to cover it in some capacity. IGN hasn't even done an article on the games. Nothing.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2012, 03:05:42 PM »

Well, I dunno about other games but Gungnir is unavailable on PSV, which irritated me big time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: