Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 09:07:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327636 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Who wants a couple of sexy handheld tri-Ace games?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Who wants a couple of sexy handheld tri-Ace games?  (Read 1963 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »

BtL's pictures look absolutely gorgeous. That could be the game that forces my hand into buying a 3DS.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »

Frontier Gate sounds dull, because Monster Hunter is dull.

It doesn't really seem all that similar to Monster Hunter, but the one key similarity, a focus on (presumably ad-hoc) multiplayer means this is probably something that'll appeal greatly in Japan and not really do much for the rest of the world. Depends on if they follow DQIX's example in still supplying a strong single player however.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 11:12:15 PM »

I'm cool with that.I respect Tri-Ace for their continued RPG development

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »

As much as I love Tri-Ace reading this RPGFan article The Best (and Worst) Female RPG Characters I can not stop to wonder what went so terribly wrong with the characters in Star Ocean 4.
Sometimes you stop playing a game you were liking due to numerous reason, be it work, studies, another new game, personal life or whatever but in my case, in SO4 it were simply because the cast was driving me insane.
I normally don't like much when the RPG you play the characters don't have much of personality (as in Demon's Souls or Monster Hunter) but if between the crap that was SO4 (as a cast, at least) and nothing more than the real basic, I'll take the second.

In this regard that makes me happy that one of those games will be more of a dungeon crawler as we'll probably not have to endure retarded characters and they'll probably save their good ideas for their next PS360 game. (hopefully for Valkyrie Profile 3 someday)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: