Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 06:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338656 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dirge of Cerberus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dirge of Cerberus  (Read 3782 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »

The closest to bad I've heard about the original Bushido Blade was that you can kill an enemy in 1 hit... And that's 1. considered dishonorable, and keeps you from getting the best endings and 2. part of how that whole realism thing worked.

Wish there was another fighting game akin to Bushido Blade. Would be great on the Wii.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »

Well I rented it yesterday and it's exactly as I expected it to be.  It's good enough to play to completion for the fact that the story is pretty interesting. Weapon customization kind of helps out the sometimes tedious gameplay but the close quarters combat is spazzy at best.  If you're a FF nut like myself then you'll most likely get a lot more enjoyment out of it than the average Joe and be able to get past it's shortcomings.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 06:01:24 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
wasnt the bouncer a dream factory project too? =P i swear i remember reading that the bouncer was the reason SE parted ways with dream factory. while i enjoyed ergheiz i've never played the bouncer.

Yeah, The Bouncer was developed by Dream Factory as well. However the game was directed by Square's Takashi Tokita and the character designs were from Tetsuya Nomura. I have never heard anything good about that game, though. It apparently suffered from an extensive use of blur effects.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 09:57:03 PM »

For those that are curious, the average score according to GameRankings.

Pending Crisis Core, it's looking like this Compiliation of FFVII thing is officially a bust. Hopefully the attempt for similar with FFXIII will go better. Probably will with it being designed from the ground up with multiple games in mind as well as the fact it sounds like they're sticking with a KH-ish action RPG for the other PS3 title.
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »

The game wasn't that bad, it was entertaining.

Totally worth it to see the very short FMV with Gackt and bad dubbing.

Sarcasmorator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 11:59:41 PM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
Quote from: "Alisha"
wasnt the bouncer a dream factory project too? =P i swear i remember reading that the bouncer was the reason SE parted ways with dream factory. while i enjoyed ergheiz i've never played the bouncer.

Yeah, The Bouncer was developed by Dream Factory as well. However the game was directed by Square's Takashi Tokita and the character designs were from Tetsuya Nomura. I have never heard anything good about that game, though. It apparently suffered from an extensive use of blur effects.

It actually wasn't that bad. Sorely needed a two-player co-op mode, some more enemy models, more depth and better level design. But I've played far worse games in the brawler genre (Final Fight Streetwise), and it had some interesting characters, a decent story and some really nice graphics for the time. Looked a bit smoother than FFX, in fact.

So long, Scorpex!
Erei

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »

I guess I'd like to play it, because it's a final fantasy 7 game, but I tend to be horrible at 1st person shooter games.

I wish the rumor that they were gonna remake ff7 had been true.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 06:12:15 PM »

from what i've seen it looks closer to devil may cry than any FPS.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: