Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  XBLA/WiiWare/PSN Games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: XBLA/WiiWare/PSN Games  (Read 1435 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »

I dunno about you guys, but I'm REALLY digging some of the "arcade" games being released through these networks. I just finished BRAID, which was awesome and really difficult but satisfying. Following that I picked up LIMBO and the Dishwasher: Vampire Smile.

LIMBO a lot of you know, it's dark, drab, but very stylish for a platforming puzzle game. It just has a nice bleak feel to it, which is such a weird description, but if you've played it, you'd agree. The totally unforeseen deaths are never frustrating, but I actually find them humorous. Walking along, walking along, BEAR TRAP! DEAD. Love it.

The Dishwasher is a completely different beast. It's brutally violent, it's fluid, and very comic book like. It's so simple, but so complex at the same time. Seriously, killer game, but kinda fucked up.

Last night I was cruising GameSpot and saw a review for Outland, by Ubisoft. I read the review and immediately downloaded the game. I gotta say, this is the type of action platformer that just WORKS. It's quick, stylish, has a dash of IKARUGA (the black/white shifting), has the flow and feel of how you'd like a 2D Prince of Persia to play. If you have 800 Creds for XBLA, GET IT.

So those are the games I've been playing, what're you guys playing or diggin?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:13:19 PM »

Shadow Complex is probably one of the best games i've played this gen. Great graphics, decent story, fun boss battles against big mechs.

I also played the fuck out of Defense Grid. Some of the later levels there were pretty challenging.

It's been a while since I've picked up a new xbla "exclusive" title.

Earthworm Jim HD looks great graphically... but it's not as fun to me as it once was.

Portal is of course amazing but most people probably played that on pc or soemthing else.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 01:26:46 AM »

Geometry Wars is always good.

BG&E HD is excellent, as well.

If you like Contra, definitely get Hard Corps Uprising.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 02:24:06 AM »

Deathspank, and all of the awesome Telltale stuff. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »

The Scott Pilgrim game is a some good clean arcade beat 'em up fun. No online play but it still manages to be fun without!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »

Clash of Heroes HD is amazing.  Puzzle Fighter HD, the two Monkey Island remakes, Braid, Monday Night Combat, Stacking, and Mega Man 9/10 are all quite good, too.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »

Last night I was cruising GameSpot and saw a review for Outland, by Ubisoft. I read the review and immediately downloaded the game. I gotta say, this is the type of action platformer that just WORKS. It's quick, stylish, has a dash of IKARUGA (the black/white shifting), has the flow and feel of how you'd like a 2D Prince of Persia to play. If you have 800 Creds for XBLA, GET IT.

So those are the games I've been playing, what're you guys playing or diggin?

Outland fuckin rocks.  Saw an ad for it on xbox live and decided to give the demo a whirl.  It's a lot of fun.  Definitely one of the better XBLA purchases I've made in awhile.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: