Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:27:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Osama Bin Laden is dead.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden is dead.  (Read 6338 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »

When they announced that Osama was dead, I had a massive erection.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »

Parn you always have a massive erection.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2011, 10:53:41 PM »

I blame the lack of PSN on Osama's death. This is what happens when people get bored and don't have video games to play online. When you can't kill shit in CoD, you kill it IRL.

TASTY!
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2011, 11:06:25 PM »

How did this whole thing start again???  Ahem,,
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2011, 11:06:55 PM »

1. Youtube "Suck a Cheetah's Dick"

Wesley Willis will never be forgotten. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWsWP9bPAg&feature=related a quarter pounder has 28 grams of fat

SNL made a joke about George Bush playing Command & Conquer.  I think Obama played Rainbow 6.

The weekend rockstars are in the toilet, practicing their lines...
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2011, 11:07:07 PM »

Oh hey a serious post.

@PM. I don't think people are celebrating the death of Bin Laden in the sense that they're celebrating the death of a person but rather that they're celebrating the death of an icon or a symbol embodied by Bin Laden. Or... this isn't just the death of Bin Laden, this is kind of the death of 9/11 as a whole thing that's been preventing America from functioning as a reasonable society for almost ten years.

John Stewart probably said it best and I'm paraphrasing him, but he said that for the past decade Osama's been the face of the Middle East in the US, and now the face of the Middle East in the US is that of the people in Egypy and Tunisia who demanded democracy.

I think it's the death of a concept that people are celebrating and not the death of a person.

I would agee, but keep in mind, this is a country whose populace basically came short of burning Michael Jackson at the stake and crowed at the news of his death even though he was innocent of the crimes accused of him. I was (and still am) utterly appalled at the attitudes some people in this country can have, honestly. That quote mentioned by prime mover about how he's "still in the white house" is fucking atrocious.

That being said, Osama deserved no less, and he sure as hell wasn't going to let himself be taken alive. Maybe we can move on from the shadow of 9/11 now.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »

I'm actually thinking that he is not really dead to be honest,  They now refuse to release the picture of Bin Laden?  Kinda strange how the entire world wants to see it.  Plus, I believe I remember hearing back around 2003/2005 that there were people getting operations that made them look exactly like Bin Laden and Hussein.  Yeah, they said the used the DNA of his dead sister to confirm that it was Bin Laden and the fact that he was in a mansion?  WTF, if it was that easy, why didn't they find him back in 2001?  I call major bullshit on this one and I don't care if anyone disagrees.  No, i'm no conspiracy theorist and saying how this is what happened, blah blah blah. I just think we are being lied to or at least not telling us everything on this one.  I want to see a picture of his face blown off like was described in the news reports.

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2011, 02:07:05 PM »

I'm actually thinking that he is not really dead to be honest,  They now refuse to release the picture of Bin Laden?  Kinda strange how the entire world wants to see it.  Plus, I believe I remember hearing back around 2003/2005 that there were people getting operations that made them look exactly like Bin Laden and Hussein.  Yeah, they said the used the DNA of his dead sister to confirm that it was Bin Laden and the fact that he was in a mansion?  WTF, if it was that easy, why didn't they find him back in 2001?  I call major bullshit on this one and I don't care if anyone disagrees.  No, i'm no conspiracy theorist and saying how this is what happened, blah blah blah. I just think we are being lied to or at least not telling us everything on this one.  I want to see a picture of his face blown off like was described in the news reports.
They won't release the picture because apparently, many human rights groups feel it's sadistic and disgraceful. Hell I'm glad they won't release it, it's like rubbing salt in an open wound. We've already got the most rambunctious morons in the world (the U.S.) screaming praises that he's dead, not realizing that this was the same reaction his group of misfits had when they blew up the WTC back oh so long ago. Pot, kettle, burnt steel much?

Osama needed to be killed, he was a lunatic and a madman, and above all else, a murderous fiend. Death, however, shouldn't be celebrated. It could have easily been the special forces unit that assaulted his hideout that bit the bullet instead. We should be happy they made it out alive, and that maybe there will be some room to fix the mess he (bin laden) created now.

TASTY!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »

I would love to ask everyone who celebrated someone dying if they ever celebrated that much because people are living.

Shit's just weird.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2011, 05:36:08 PM »

No, i'm no conspiracy theorist

Yes you are.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »

I cannot imagine this being a farce. I mean the ramifications if, and in this day and age I imagine it would, the truth came out would shake the entire govt. I just don't see the pluses of telling a lie outweighing the negatives. I mean especially if he is still alive one up to date video of him would show the US was fabricating the whole story,  and I just cannot see anything worth taking a chance like that and attempting to get away with that lie.

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »

I cannot imagine this being a farce. I mean the ramifications if, and in this day and age I imagine it would, the truth came out would shake the entire govt. I just don't see the pluses of telling a lie outweighing the negatives. I mean especially if he is still alive one up to date video of him would show the US was fabricating the whole story,  and I just cannot see anything worth taking a chance like that and attempting to get away with that lie.

I'll bite. What about another mandate for Obama?
I'm no professional in US politics but it seems his approval rating sunk a lot in the last year and the birther thing didn't help.
I seriously can't imagine him losing his second mandate now.

President Obama's approval rating jumped by 6 percentage points in the days following the death of Osama bin Laden, the Gallup Poll is reporting.
"Obama averaged 46% approval in Gallup Daily tracking in the three days leading up to the military operation and has averaged 52% across the three days since," Gallup says.

Now, I'm not saying that is the case, but if you can't imagine a reason... well, here's at least one of them.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »

I stand by what I said, the risk is NOT worth the gains. He may or may not win the next election regardless, BUT, if the public ever found out this was a lie it would tarnish not only him but the entire party, and many, many high ranking officials. I simply cannot see that many people willing to put their careers on the line. I certainly do not believe the govt. here always tells us the truth (there are aliens at Roswell!) but I stand by my comment. In this instance the risks are far, far to dangerous for it to be a farce.

disclaimer: the above opinions are strictly the opinions of Bytor and in no way are meant to be taken as the opinions of any organization he belongs to...or to be taken as fact, simply as his thoughts ;)

Everything's Eventual
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »

Wow...

I should hope it's a farce, because it'd be a farce with purpose.  Some half-ass retaliation with trains?  It was expected; we expected you to react.

Too bad it isn't, and the next guy to "figurehead" such an operation can expect death in less than ten years.

The weekend rockstars are in the toilet, practicing their lines...
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »

Seriously? People are doubting the validity of this? The US organized a raid in Pakistan, after which Pakistan threatened dire consequences for the US if they ever do something like this again. What were we doing in Pakistan besides killing Osama?

I should note, no matter how you answer this, you will look like a conspiracy theorist.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: