Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 12:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334710 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Reasons why Resident Evil fans are going to avoid RE6 now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Reasons why Resident Evil fans are going to avoid RE6 now  (Read 5622 times)
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:05:20 PM »

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

It's very different from the previous RE games as it's being developed by Slant Six games, who made SOCOM: US Navy Seals Confrontation.

According to wikipedia:
The game takes place during the events of  Resident Evil 2  and  Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and is set in Raccoon City, whose residents have been turned into zombies after an outbreak of the T-virus, a biological weapon illegally developed by the pharmaceutical company  Umbrella. The story is a reinterpretation of the events occured in the original games, changing certain facts in the series. Players will take the role of either an officer of the Umbrella Security Service (USS), or a member of a United States Special Operations task-force. Both have vastly different objectives: Members of the USS are tasked with destroying evidence of Umbrella's illegal activities, including killing survivors of the outbreak, while the Special Operations team has to expose the actions of the company. Operation Raccoon City will allow the player to make decisions that could have major repercussions on the series' storyline, such as causing the death of Resident Evil 2 protagonist  Leon S. Kennedy.

There are four playable characters in the game, Vector, Spectre, Beltway, and Bertha. Each have their own unique abilities. For instance, Vector is equipped with a cloaking ability. Alongside the single-player mode, the game will also offer four-player co-operative gameplay, which pits the USS against the US Special Operations task-force.

According to artwork and gameplay, the Mr. X Tyrant and Nemesis have been confirmed as being in this game.

Here's a link to actual gameplay footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWD6Z5E5bAk

So what do you guys think? Good move, or will it be a disaster like the revamp of Devil May Cry?

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:01:51 PM by Leyviur » Logged

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:15:07 AM »

Is an interesting concept for a Resident Evil game, and it could be a really fun title. They still can screw this thing up with dumb overpriced DLC or letting the game feeling more like Socom than Resident Evil though.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »

Is an interesting concept for a Resident Evil game, and it could be a really fun title. They still can screw this thing up with dumb overpriced DLC or letting the game feeling more like Socom than Resident Evil though.

The thing is, it's going to be aimed at players to be a Socom game.  In which i've never played a single game in the Socom series.  I just hope it has the Outbreak feel because even though, Outbreak 1 and 2 were fun and nostalgic now, it did have some bad features, especially the damn long loading times even with the Hard Drive.  I wish they would release them both again into one game on XBLA or PSN in the near future.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 07:36:34 AM »

The thing is, it's going to be aimed at players to be a Socom game.  In which i've never played a single game in the Socom series.  I just hope it has the Outbreak feel because even though, Outbreak 1 and 2 were fun and nostalgic now, it did have some bad features, especially the damn long loading times even with the Hard Drive.  I wish they would release them both again into one game on XBLA or PSN in the near future.

Oh geez, the loading times were some of the worst I've seen in any game on the PS2. It's too bad because a lot of the outbreak stages were awesome, especially the hospital from the first outbreak with the leech man following you everywhere.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »

Leech Man was awesome!  I also loved when Thanatos was chasing you around.  My friends and I would have our phones connected where all four of us would be talking at once and we had a certain strategy to beating each stage as fast as possible.  Some good memories with those two games.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »

I hated the hospital level precisely because of the leech man following you everywhere. Sooo annoying. That and the zombie elephant in the second game. Loved the university the most. Easily one of the best locations in the entire series.

There`s no way this new game can recapture the magic of the Outbreak games. With Outbreak Capcom managed to bring Resident Evil experience online without compromising the core mechanics. Operation Raccoon City on the other hand looks like just another shooter.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »

I hated the hospital level precisely because of the leech man following you everywhere. Sooo annoying. That and the zombie elephant in the second game.

Hahaha, I'm guessing you disliked Resident Evil 3:Nemesis then?

Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »

I hated the hospital level precisely because of the leech man following you everywhere. Sooo annoying. That and the zombie elephant in the second game.

Hahaha, I'm guessing you disliked Resident Evil 3:Nemesis then?

Nemesis` appearances were all scripted and very few(and they served to create tension, not annoy you). "Losing" him was easy and there was even an option to gun him down. The leech man literally followed you to every room that had a ventilation shaft(most of them did) and you couldn`t do anything about it(except feed him blood packages to win some time) until a certain point where you were presented with an opportunity to incinerate the bitch.

P.S. I loved RE3.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »

A bit OT but hardcore RE fans might be interested:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/15th-anniversary-resident-evil-boxed-set-planned-for-japan-6655

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »

Gameplay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wHMWfqBYaA

It's a straight up shooter. Might as well be playing Gears. Hell, if Gears had a zombie mode this would be it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:00:32 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 07:29:25 PM »

Looks a bit discouraging..but even so it could end up being fun.  I mean again it is a non-canon type of thing, and just a different type of game in general, at least thats what I was sorta getting from it.  But I can see why people would be upset.  Honestly for me what will be the end all be all is how much content is in it, and as I believe it is going to also be multiplayer focused, how enjoyable that is, or if its a rather ho hum experience.  That anniversery edition though....thats nice..though honestly I think it would be great if they had put in the GC version of the original and zero, though im sure its due to licensing issues.  Hell I think if they did an HD remake of the entire series, it would sell well.  Or maybe I am just trying to justify my want for such a thing :P  Still nothing beats those resident evil airsoft guns they used to make.  Not sure the quality, as I was and am not able to afford them, but the idea of having a RE fashioned handgun is just badass.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but this new information could be a deciding factor in whether or not people here will give this game a rent or a purchase.

Here is a new trailer which confirms that Nemesis and Nicholai from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis will be in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJBRoohdHLc

Gameinformer also had a section describing a demo played that described Nemesis's role:

"This bioharzardous assassin is malfunctioning when we encountered him. fortunately, we had previously extracted a controlling agent from a tyrant, which we now inject into nemesis' bloodstream.....abomination fires a devastating gatling gun at us. after absorbing enough ammo he titan topples coming back under umbrellas influence. He drops the mini-gun, picks up his trade mark rocket launcher, and wanders off into the city while groaning STARS"

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »

I'm torn on this. If it has some of the campy things that make RE5 co-op fun then I'm all for it.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:01 PM »

I'm having fun with it, considering I rarely play shooters (Killzone 3 was the last I played).  I overlooked BF3 and MW3 despite their high scores and obvious quality, but I bought this because its resident evil, and in my opinion shooters aren't all that different from one another unless you are hardcore.

My PSN is Mojotron if you want to play.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »

I love shooters and co-op but all the reviews I've read said this was not a well made game. horrible AI and such and such
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: