Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341205 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Reasons why Resident Evil fans are going to avoid RE6 now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Reasons why Resident Evil fans are going to avoid RE6 now  (Read 6005 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »

I'd like to humbly request that this topic be renamed "reasons why resident evil fans are going to avoid re6 now".

Seriously, what the holy fuck was capcom thinking when they handed this off? "It's got resident evil in the title, it will still sell well regardless"? I like shitty games if the coop is there, I mean hell I played white knight chronicles 2 for a month straight, but between the ludicrous dlc out a week before the game, the terrible A.I., the bare bones characters and story elements I've read about, and the overall gameplay mechanics being shit, this sounds like ANOTHER terrible capcom move.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »

as long as RE6 is good then I'm ok.

RE5 was some of the most fun I've had in recent gaming memory
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »

I'd like to humbly request that this topic be renamed "reasons why resident evil fans are going to avoid re6 now".

Seriously, what the holy fuck was capcom thinking when they handed this off? "It's got resident evil in the title, it will still sell well regardless"?

The dudes at Capcom want to see Resident Evil (and every of their franchises) selling the same amount of copies as Call of Duty.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:19 AM »

as long as RE6 is good then I'm ok.

RE5 was some of the most fun I've had in recent gaming memory

Amen to that.

I'm going to use my...slick as a fox social skills to get everyone I know and their mothers in on RE6 if it's co-op is remotely as fun as RE5's was.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

Your wish is granted.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »

I bought this so I could play the multiplayer with a friend, and for what it is it's definitely fun. I've stayed up way later than I should have the past couple days playing this with him. If he didn't ask me to buy and play with him I probably would have never bought this game, though. It has zero single player value. They should have made this strictly a multiplayer game and sold it for $30.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »

The real reason RE fans will avoid RE6?

'Survival horror' market too small for Resident Evil, says Capcom producer

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/167135/Survival_horror_market_too_small_for_Resident_Evil_says_Capcom_producer.php

"Especially for the North American market, I think the series needs to head in that [action-oriented] direction"

Dear Crapcom,

Fuck you.

Signed,
Me

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »

The survival horror market for consoles right now is what? Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Amnesia, maybe Corpse Party and pretty much nothing else that is even remotely mainstream. Yeah, that's an oversaturated market right there, especially since all four of those games/series are very different in style.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »

Amnesia is PC only, right?

If that makes it to console I'd be happy as fuck

It's shitty to hear capcom say that but I just imagine some developer w/ actual talent will come around and put something out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:14:33 PM by Yoda » Logged
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

Oh, I thought Amnesia was on Xbox live. But yeah, Capcom's obsession with the west and matching Call of Duty numbers is not going to turn out very well.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 09:42:19 PM »

I wish more Japanese publishers would take an Atlus approach. They're a company that knows how not to hemorrhage money and fill a certain role.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 01:18:23 PM »

Sadly, they've started milking Persona a LOT more since Index took over, but as long as they maintain their original outputs, I'm okay with it. (That's looking kind of bleak...)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »

Although, even though Persona has been emphasized more, they still have a high level of quality. And the PSP Persona titles are nothing but good for North America at least.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »

Just checked out the new trailer for 6, and I like the cgi. It seems far less horrifying then 4 still, but not as bad as 5. The whole series seems to be pushing bigger story aspects and less fright and fear as a whole. Unless capcom really fucks this up, day 1 on one of my consoles for sure. Probably xbox honestly, just because of the greater amount of people I know who will be playing.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 12:22:33 AM »

Get Leon's leather jacket... with $1300 Biohazard 6 (Resident Evil 6) Premium Edition

Eh, it doesn't seem like a bad waste of money (that is if you happen to be a RE fan with a lot of money, or crazy to cosplay as Leon).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: