Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:50:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327652 Posts in 13413 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Reasons why Resident Evil fans are going to avoid RE6 now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Reasons why Resident Evil fans are going to avoid RE6 now  (Read 5191 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 01:08:20 AM »

Haven't watched the trailer for it yet but the new threat is the 'C-Virus'? Ugh.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »

I know right? Who would even care about the story of RE at this point taking in consideration how borked the English translation is in pretty much all the games. Or so some hardcore fans of series say.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »

does capcom have like no internal staff anymore?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 09:05:08 AM »

I know right? Who would even care about the story of RE at this point taking in consideration how borked the English translation is in pretty much all the games. Or so some hardcore fans of series say.
I don't know what you mean by "borked translation", I never had a problem u.derstanding the story. It's actually a bit simple for some massive conspiracy theory of a bioweapon engineered by some major company. If anything the story is perhaps lacking in terms of depth, but it's easy to follow. Outside of the stupid nature of 5 and its focus on comraderie and the overabuse of the word "partner", RE's story isn't all that bad. It's not nearly as convoluted as metal gear which I love, but it's pretty good overall. 2 and 4 in particular are my favorites.

In any case, it's like street fighter. I may hate capcom, but I'll at least try every sf, breath of fire, and resident evil title before I shoot them down.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »

There's a store near my place that sells tons of jackets like that. And as a bonus you get to check out tons of hot and tattooed goth chicks. The Alley.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 11:30:42 AM »

I don't know what you mean by "borked translation", I never had a problem u.derstanding the story. It's actually a bit simple for some massive conspiracy theory of a bioweapon engineered by some major company.

Is not so much with the dialogue or how the story is presented. Is more with details like in-game documents that contradicts information given within the same or other installments in the series.

Resident Evil 2:

"Photo B - Ben Bertolucci's photograph is instead attributed to "R. Lambert", a character made-up by the Localization department for reasons unknown."

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis:

In the "Business Fax", which can be found in the Umbrella office, the line "NE-T Type specimens" is mistranslated as "NE-T type virus". This has the consequence of mistakenly establishing a new virus - the "NE-T virus". This does not exist in official canon however.

"In the "Medical Instruction Manual", Douglas Lauper was renamed "Douglas Rover"."

Nicholai Zinoviev's surname was mistranslated as "Ginovaef". This spelling has been used consistently in all English material as a consequence.

Resident Evil 5:

Tricell - Travis Enterprises was renamed "Travis Trading". Also in this file, the Natural History Conspectus was renamed the "Survey of Natural Histoy".

Those are from the Wiki, but if you search you'll find more stuff for sure.

Also, the guys that make the 8-4 play podcast said that the translation of RE: Revelations could have been better but everything else was fine. They didn't give any details in what was wrong though.

Either way, I'm going to spend a lot of time shooting stuff in the Mercenaries mode to be bothered by errors in translations in RE6 (I'm pretty sure that it will have some errors though, every game has one at least, is like a bad tradition at this point or something).

If anything the story is perhaps lacking in terms of depth, but it's easy to follow.

It does has depth but is all over the fucking the place and is not all that easy to follow. I mean look at this.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »

I can't check the video out til I get home from work, but I stand by my statement. Resident Evil's story isn't that deep. You can know exactly what's going on without reading any of the articles or memo's in game. Idk if capcom figured people wouldn't bother looking at them or not, but being that some of them were a complete waste of time, the exception being in the first game as far as I can remember and that was just the v jolt creation, which you could avoid too, assuming you didn't mind fighting that boss.

It's sort of like the dream sequences in lost oddysey. You could play the entire fame without looking at most of them, but thry gave a huge amount of backstory to the game, making it far deeper than it was on paper.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 04:07:46 AM »

Resident Evil 6: Pre-order bonus Mercenaries maps detailed

The Catacombs (Available exclusively at Gamestop with pre-order of Resident Evil 6):

High Seas Fortress (Available exclusively at Amazon.com with pre-order of Resident Evil 6):

Rail Yard (Available exclusively at Best Buy with pre-order of Resident Evil 6):

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:44 AM »

Ok that's starting to piss me off. If you want to play w/ friends now you have to buy from the same fucking store?

Eat shit on this one
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »

A T-shirt that Capcom is selling in Japan. It's new, but more importantly is cute. :3

Dunno if it cost a shitload of money though.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »

I heard on a podcast that the game is/might be split up between chris and leon segments. They'll fight different zombie types and one side will have a more action feel and the other might be more classic res.

That sounds neat if true
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »

The first trailer focused in showing how varied the game is suppose to be. Seems that Chris is gonna get the action parts and Leon the ones with more atmosphere and/or dialogue, which make sense but who knows really.

I can't imagine what Jake Muller (the so called "Wesker Jr." in the last trailer) scenario is going to be. He was punching and running like a motherfucker in one of the trailers... that said, he looks like a great character for The Mercenaries mode.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »

This might satisfy
your curiosity about the modes.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »

Why is there a waypoint indicator?
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »

BWAHAHA in the 2nd video they show one of the characters insert a top secret VHS tape

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: