Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 04:33:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341180 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Guardian Heroes remake coming to XBLA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Guardian Heroes remake coming to XBLA  (Read 7347 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »

Action-RPG Brawling: Choose one of five heroes to level up and guide along a branching storyline with five different endings
Friends, Foes, and Fighters: Play the game’s Story Mode alone or with a second player, or challenge Versus Mode with up to 12 players at once
Extended Gameplay: Time Attack Mode, Arcade Mode, Arrange Mode and more allow players to explore every nuance of 45 different fighters
Fully Re-Mastered: All-new graphics and visual effects bring the classic to life in a completely high-definition, widescreen presentation

This better come to PSN.

Hm, after taking a closer look at the pics, I gotta say that I'm not too impressed with how it looks...

http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_15555_en.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:33:36 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »

Looks pretty bad. Totally destroys the pixel art of the original. Still need to see it in motion, I guess.

I hope they don`t do a re-translation of the dialogues(although they probably will). The Saturn original was in the "so bad it`s good" department. Almost on par with the English version of Bangai-O for Dreamcast.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:32:09 PM »

This better come to PSN.

I remember reading an Interview with a very important person of Treasure that I don't remember his name saying that they will support Xbox Live over every other platform in the market because they love the service that Xbox Live offers or something along those lines. It has been a really long time since I read that interview but I remember that part, the Interview is in 1UP if anyone bothers to search for it.

And well, that whole thing was said before the official announcement of Radiant Silvergun and Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury, so I would not be surprise if Guardian Heroes ends up being another exclusive. Hell, Treasure even have the Xbox Live Arcade logo on their official website.

http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/index01.html
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 03:11:11 PM »

Hopefully this turns out to be better than Guardian Heroes Advanced.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »

This better come to PSN.

I remember reading an Interview with a very important person of Treasure that I don't remember his name saying that they will support Xbox Live over every other platform in the market because they love the service that Xbox Live offers or something along those lines. It has been a really long time since I read that interview but I remember that part, the Interview is in 1UP if anyone bothers to search for it.

And well, that whole thing was said before the official announcement of Radiant Silvergun and Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury, so I would not be surprise if Guardian Heroes ends up being another exclusive. Hell, Treasure even have the Xbox Live Arcade logo on their official website.

http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/index01.html

This remake is being produced by Sega since they are the ones who own the rights to Gunstar Heroes and Guardian Heroes. Treasure may have nothing to do with it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 03:51:50 PM »

This remake is being produced by Sega since they are the ones who own the rights to Gunstar Heroes and Guardian Heroes. Treasure may have nothing to do with it.

Oh. I missed that part... God I really need to take a nap.

But anyway, I'll just say this: *Ahem* Use that fucking money that you throw in making Sonic games and use it to put some Panzer Dragoon greatness on XBLA and PSN! ...please? :(

That is all.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »

holy fuck. I wish this had the original look but this is still awesome

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 04:50:20 PM »

holy fuck. I wish this had the original look but this is still awesome

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/?t=EnglishUK&g=7307

Apparently that weirdy look is a filter that can be removed.  See the Euro screenshots above.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »

Another Sega Saturn game on the 360?  Keep 'em coming!  Take my money.  Take all of it.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 07:15:12 PM »

totally looking forward to some of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKSQcq0laM&NR=1

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »

Video preview:

http://uk.gamespot.com/saturn/action/guardianheroes/video/6312407/guardian-heroes-hd--daily-demo?tag=videos%3Btitle%3B1

Original version included.Original developers working on the port.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »

Video preview:

http://uk.gamespot.com/saturn/action/guardianheroes/video/6312407/guardian-heroes-hd--daily-demo?tag=videos%3Btitle%3B1

Original version included.Original developers working on the port.

I hate that gamespot host. There's another dude that sounds even more detached and boring. I think his name is giancalo or something.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »

Another Sega Saturn game on the 360?  Keep 'em coming!  Take my money.  Take all of it.

Sign me up as well. Hopefully this will open the floodgates for SF3, PDS, and a bunch of other Saturn games.

Yeah, the filter looks pretty dumb, like the kind of thing you could run on an emulator for a 16-bit system or something. While it might make individual parts of the game look better, the game as a whole will look a bit odd.

It still won't be as bad as that awful Turtles in Time remake though. That was atrocious.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 06:34:41 PM »

Day one buy from me. I liked what little I got to play on a Saturn emulator.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »

From Sega's E3 line-up:

Guardian Heroes™ (Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation®Network & Steam) – Launch Date: Late Summer 2011
Coming exclusively to Xbox LIVE® Arcade, get ready for more swords and sorcery than you can shake your magical staff at. An ancient evil threatens the world after years of peace. Step into the shoes of one of five mighty heroes; each with their own unique attacks and customizable stats. As you fight through forests, graveyards, castles and volcanoes, your every decision will decide the ultimate fate of the world. Do you have what it takes to be a Guardian Hero? Due out this summer, Guardian Heroes features Co-Op and Online play for you and your friends, multiple game modes, optimized graphics, and brand new achievements for Xbox LIVE®.

First it says "Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation®Network & Steam" and then it says "Coming exclusively to Xbox LIVE® Arcade"

WHAT DA FUCK!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:51:09 PM by CDFN » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: