Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 11:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319593 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Soul Calibur V
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Soul Calibur V  (Read 7153 times)
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2011, 04:54:54 PM »

Just got announced.
http://www.1up.com/news/soul-calibur-v-announced

For the love of Haruhi I hope they bring back weapon master, no goofy RTS mode, no Tower of Lost Souls I want weapon master back, and a better character customization mode. I wanna be able to make a 4 foot tall loli with a big fucking greatsword.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »

Goofy, laugh-at-me, statement: I actually hope they make the boobs smaller.  Goddamn I hated the artwork for the game sometimes.

Anyways, yaaay.  I wonder who the secret fun character will be.  This is a renter otherwise, I've never been one to play a fighting game other than Smash for hours on end.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »

Goofy, laugh-at-me, statement: I actually hope they make the boobs smaller.  Goddamn I hated the artwork for the game sometimes.

Pro tip: Soul Calibur fans loves boobies (that's official art by the way).

I've never been one to play a fighting game other than Smash for hours on end.

But, Smash Bros. is not a fighting game...
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »

Ivy's were always too big to me. Other than that I have no problems with breast size (Ironically though my mains were Amy, and Talim, the ones with the smallest boobs I believe). The face animations in 4 on the other hand all looked weird to me. Why does everyone seem have these red rings around their eyes?

On another topic I hope they make it so stat's aren't tied to clothing anymore. It was so hard to make a cool costume that had all the stats you wanted. Just let accessories that aren't seen affect your characters stats.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:29:13 PM »

Pro tip: Soul Calibur fans loves boobies (that's official art by the way).

Haha I love those profile shots xD

I've never been one to play a fighting game other than Smash for hours on end.

But, Smash Bros. is not a fighting game...

Certainly not a racing game...?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »

Here's a trailer and some more info. http://www.1up.com/news/soul-calibur-v-first-trailer-details-namco?pager.offset=0

It kind of irks me that they're making it 17 years after 4. I want Talim to still be what like 16 not 30. Though knowing Japanese game designers she'll still probably only look 20. Either way I shall remain optimistic.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »

I just hope I don't get bored with it after 5 minutes. Although this reminds me that I still lack the original Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur 4.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

The original soul caliber was the best. The series steadily went downhill from there . Hopefully V won't be broken to hell like 3 and 4 were.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »

I was at the Namco event at CES 2008 when they announced that Yoda and Darth Vader would be in the game.  Now, in this case, like at many press events, there was an open bar.  So I had been drinking.  When they had the guy in the giant Darth Vader suit followed by stormtroopers walking around the lounge the event was in, I called a good friend of mine who was a huge Soul Calibur fan.

"Nick, Nick!  There's going to be Darth Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur IV!"  "...John, you're fucking drunk."

He thought I was trying to troll him.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »

I'm kind of hoping they ride the same "back to the roots" retro wave that MK9 did. Soulblade (Souledge for some) was an amazing game, the calibur series, not so much.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »

I'm kind of hoping they ride the same "back to the roots" retro wave that MK9 did. Soulblade (Souledge for some) was an amazing game, the calibur series, not so much.

It depends on where they want to go with the game.  Going back to their roots, they would attract older players and people who enjoyed playing it somewhat competitively.  If they don't go back, I wonder what they'll do differently to differentiate it enough from SC4 for casual players to buy it. 

IMO, MK had a unique situation that allowed them to tailor it more to a competitive crowd.  MK9 is a HD MK game, so casual fans would have been sold solely due to the fatalities and over the top violence all being in glorious high definition.  At the same time, they took a shit ton of feedback from competitive players to tailor it to a game competitive players would enjoy and find interesting.  They pretty much could have their cake and eat it too.  It also doesn't hurt that they promoted it much more than older titles and got awareness up.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 06:24:54 PM »

not terrible excited for this after playing SC4 on psp. best thing about that game was hilde.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »

sorry for the double post guys

Eurogamer broke the story this morning with the first set of details about Soul Calibur V.

"Namco Bandai has lifted the lid on Soulcalibur V at its press event in Dubai this morning.

The game, set 17 years after Soulcalibur IV, features guest characters, Project Soul producer Hisaharu Tago told Christian Donlan for Eurogamer.

The main character is Patroklos, son of Sophitia. Patroklos is "inspired" by the gameplay of Sophitia, but is "sharper" and "more agile". He has new moves, but they're all inspired by Sophitia's.

V takes the Siegried ending of IV and builds upon it. Seigfried, now 39 years old, no longer wields the Soul Calibur sword.

V is described as a "generational shift", complete with new characters, but SCIV characters will return. "SC 1-4 was a continuous story," Tago said. "We want to make a generational shift with a new story this time."

The Soulcalibur series is famous for the inclusion of characters from other universes, such as Link from The Legend of Zelda and Yoda from Star Wars. Will other non-Soulcalibur characters feature?

"Difficult question," Tago said. "We will have guest characters as we did with Star Wars. Please stay tuned for more information on that."

V marks a shift from two-handed swords to short swords, Tago announced. The story includes "the enigma as to why the swords have become short swords".

The game's new fighting style is described as "lighter, sharper, and more elegant". The online mode has been improved with new features. "Gameplay in IV could be a little heavy, particularly when you were online – we wanted gameplay that was more fast and reactive," Tago said.

On the shift in gameplay: "Maybe the hardcore fans will be afraid that we lose the core of the gameplay, but that's not the case. And for new players it's nice to have gameplay that is more continuous – you don't need to wait as much between moves.

"There is quite some change in the gameplay from SCIV. The pace of the game has been improved, and the combos will be easier to perform, and the moves will be easier to pull out."

Elsewhere, Tago confirmed the create a character feature from previous games in the series returns, but refused to divulge details.

Namco Bandai is yet to show actual gameplay, but promised more information at E3 next month."

Huge thanks to Eurogamer for the news! With the game being shown at E3, you can expect a full report from Shoryuken.com.

time skip is just what the series needed.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 10:57:42 PM »

not terrible excited for this after playing SC4 on psp. best thing about that game was hilde.

Soul Calibur IV's on PSP? When did this happen?

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 11:22:19 PM »

Soul Calibur IV's on PSP? When did this happen?

yes and it has kratos from god of war as a bonus character.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: