Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327652 Posts in 13413 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Soul Calibur V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Soul Calibur V  (Read 7415 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 12:45:33 AM »

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/10/19

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 08:44:48 AM »

the more i learn about this game the more F'ing terrible it sounds. i think id rather play soul edge than this.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 06:12:38 AM »

Just got this from my friends at namco, thank god I got it cheap -_-

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 10:42:24 AM »

Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone looking for any sort of solo play, because all you're going to get is Patroklos's journey to becoming Patsuka and a bunch of precreated fights mimicking the fighting styles of development staff and players they got to help with the game.

Online's solid though, Create a Soul is the game's single best feature, and the practice mode is actually really good as well since you can set the AI to use specific attacks you're having trouble with online to practice against.

Of course there's DLC to offset some of the game's short comings.

Additionally, there is armor breaking in this game for those of you looking to hide spring loaded afros on your CaS characters, but not nearly to the extent that SCIV employed (i.e. your characters don't have to be stark naked afterwords).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »

I feel this was a downgrade from the previous SC.  I mean I like all the new chars, but certain fighting styles are gone(talim and zasalamel), the story mode was ok but short(it was Patrokolas story and nothing more).  If this game was meant to be a multiplayer experience only they should have charged how much I paid for it(lunch for a friend).  Its not a complete game.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »

No Talim?

No sale.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »

Ooooh yeah.... she's missing.  Not skimpy enough?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »

Oddly Ivy's got more clothes on....

~Malcolm X
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 11:51:09 PM »

She wore a bikini top in 2 and see-through pants in 4. A little creepy but definitely skimpy enough.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »

If anything it's because she was too skimpy as they've seem to have done away with every character that could've been considered skimpy save for Ivy (who toned it way the hell down) and Sophitia (kinda since she and Kilik are now Edge Masters#2 & 3). Hilda's the only other returning female and she's still in her heavy metal, suit of armor.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:25 AM »

Man I remember going gaga over soul calibur back in the day, spending weeks trying to unlock everything, and then making a kickass character, and then playing online with friends.  Its been less than a week, I don't even have the urge to unlock algol(I unlocked the rest), or try out the characters.  I know its not my tasts have changed, its just a certain company who shall remain nameless has found another thing to fuck up. :P 

~Malcolm X
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »

I'm in the 'no Seung Mina, no sale' camp, but maybe it's for the best she's not in V. She'd either be like 40 or have her daughter or some such nonsense.

That said, the SCV tourney at Winter Brawl got me hyped up like nothing else. Definitely got my interest in the game... whenver it's $30 or so.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »

Well, they're legendary for a reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0p3iNaFfOA

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 12:47:23 PM »

Well, they're legendary for a reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0p3iNaFfOA

Is there is one thing I learned from fighting games is that you must know when to quit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: