Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 02:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329379 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Arrest Made in JonBenet Ramsey Case
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Arrest Made in JonBenet Ramsey Case  (Read 2616 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:03:33 PM »

Link to the story.

Quite a shocker to wake up from a nap only to find this on MSN.com.

Discuss.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 05:48:09 PM »

Took em ten years.

I was always suspicious of her parents until I lost interest in the case. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 04:53:05 PM »

Wait, so the dad was in Thailand?

/obligatory

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 01:08:46 AM »

Bumping for this.

I really don't know what to make of this.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:24:36 AM »

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 04:04:09 AM »

Quote from: "Hathen"
Bumping for this.

I really don't know what to make of this.

That's why you do the DNA test BEFORE you ship 'em out of a country.  Oh well, at least he had other pending charges to make it worthwhile.  Maybe.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 09:22:01 AM »

Wow. You have to be pretty sick to make up things like that.

Also reminds me of one of my favourite sketches from the show Monkey Dust.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »

I don't know, it's possible he could have been with someone else at the time. I don't remember him ever saying he had killed JonBenet Ramsey, just that he was there when she died. Sounds to me like he was with someone else.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
I don't know, it's possible he could have been with someone else at the time. I don't remember him ever saying he had killed JonBenet Ramsey, just that he was there when she died. Sounds to me like he was with someone else.

Actually he DID say he killed her. He said it was an accident. That he choked her to death while performing oral sex on her, trying to heighten the sensation for her. He is a sick sick man, regardless of whether he actually killed her or not.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 03:49:27 AM »

Wow, the press really wanted this one, huh?

They were downright frothing over it. Headlines everywhere.

Guess they'll have to wait for Richard Allen Davis' execution, or Michael Jackson's latest party, before they get another child predator case to flood the news with.

<tangent>

But it does leave me wondering why the brutal rape/murder cases that happen to children that are reported in my local newspaper don't always become national headlines. There was one guy who was so twisted I remember it: he not only raped and murdered the girl, he then attempted dismembering her, and had ejaculated on her cut-up corpse. Truly unimaginably sick shit. So why is it always the kid from a relatively unknown city who gets the big spotlight? Why can't you find any information on the news websites about 99% of the crimes against these kids, but you put in "JonBenet" and you'll get 15,000 matches?

Then I remember that the crime I just wrote of happened a few miles out of Compton.

</tangent>

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »

There is a fairly big debate on that issue, Dave. A lot of people have pointed out how child molestation/kidnappings/murders and such tend to only get big press if the child is from an upper-class, Caucasian family. I've seen these debates pretty directly myself over the past few years here in Utah. Unfortunately, the people who brought this issue up are usually correct. When was the last time you heard of a young, working-class Hispanic girl (or any ethnic minority for that matter) getting kidnapped? The press usually doesn't report it, so you don't hear anything.

But probably the most disturbing thing to me were the people who said, "It isn't news if it happens to a little black girl because it happens to them all the time."

Divide in social classes doesn't seem to be such a huge issue compared to the racial implications, but it also affects on whether or not the case becomes nationally covered or not. It was only a few months ago in Salt Lake City when a little five year old girl, whose parents could barely afford their house payment and had been homeless before, was abducted, sexually assaulted, and murdered. This little girl was Caucasian, but since her family wasn't worth a few million like JonBenet's and Elizabeth Smart's, she didn't even make it onto the local evening news as a top story/headline.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »

But probably the most disturbing thing to me were the people who said, "It isn't news if it happens to a little black girl because it happens to them all the time."

People said that? That's hideously fucked up.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 11:49:46 PM »

Yea, well, most Utahns think they live in their own self-contained world and don't know, or care, about what goes on outside of Utah.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 05:08:41 AM »

Yea, well, most Americans think they live in their own self-contained world and don't know, or care, about what goes on outside of America.

Fixed.

Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 12:34:02 PM »

heh, does the rest of the world care about other countries?  I mean, outside of saying on the internet that America's responsible for all the world's ills, which doesn't strike me as a whole lot of concern.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: