Author Topic: The girlfriend won't let me play video games, WTF!?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: The girlfriend won't let me play video games, WTF!?
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2011, 01:26:50 AM »
Hey ivalice....tell her to give me a call >_>

TASTY!

MindCandy

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2011, 08:16:04 AM »
Late to the party I know.

I could go on for about an hour about personal experiences, lessons learned, blah blah blah, but that's boring as hell and it boils down to this anyway:

You did the right thing. Trust me
Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor

Ivalice Alliance

• Valendia Knights of the Peace
  • Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements.
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
I think i'm better off just being single.  Yes, one day I would love to have a family but I also want to play video games and enjoy the things that I enjoy for the rest of my life too.  I can manage to have both things here if possible.
[Gamer, Collector] 🎮

Currently Playing: The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV, Resident Evil

Waiting On: Shenmue III, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Persona 5, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Nioh, NieR: Automata

insertnamehere

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
I think you should wait until you find someone that accepts it as a hobby (probably someone that also plays games) and stay friends until you feel like dating?

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »
Just to let you know that it IS possible: I've been married for 12 years now to a wonderful woman who has never had a problem with any of my hobbies, including video games. On occasion we play them together(Mario kart, puzzlers, etc.), but for the most part, it's my thing. The key is that I rarely, if ever, play them during the day. It's almost always at night after the wife and kid have gone to bed. I'm actually way more nuts about the whole gardening thing, but who in their right mind would complain about that?
No matter how much time I spend on gardening, gaming, watching movies, etc. I always make sure to spend equal time hanging with my son and/or my wife. No one should ever have to be reminded to do such things.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »