Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  God of War Portable HD collection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: God of War Portable HD collection  (Read 2035 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »

Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are coming to the PS3 in HD.
I have to admit I didn't see that one coming. If you're a fan of the franchise and missed these because you don't own a PSP it's perfect. I already played them but I'm wondering if we'll see other PSP titles on the PS3... Now that I think about it, this could open the doors for a lot of cool stuff. I wouldn't mind a HD remake of Crisis Core for example. The MGS games would make for an awesome collection and we could finally play them with dual analog!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-16-god-of-war-portable-collection-for-ps3

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 08:51:45 AM »

I got Chains like a month ago, shiiiiiit.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:15:22 AM »

I have a feeling that this is going to be like GTA: Liberty City and Vice City Stories for the PS2.  It's going to be pretty obvious that these games weren't built from the ground up for a home console and things aren't going to hold up very well.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »

Yeah, I kinda agree, while I am always excited (well almost always) to see games I enjoy released on PS3 (although I have both GOW games for PSP so looks like just more $$$ spent simply because...) I'm not sure other than increased revenue what porting these type of games over will accomplish. Instead how about bringing more Japanese only releases over here for me, that'd make me happier! It's never enough for some people...I resemble that remark, lol.

Everything's Eventual
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

Man, I was hoping these were NGP releases announced WAY in advance. Would've made for a great debut for the system anyway, and it'd address what John said (obviously designed for portable play).
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »

Man, I was hoping these were NGP releases announced WAY in advance. Would've made for a great debut for the system anyway, and it'd address what John said (obviously designed for portable play).

Hm, maybe they will also release them on the NGP? If you're going to do HD remakes of old games and have 2 HD machines on the market, why not release them on both?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:47:56 PM »

Awesome, hoping they pull a similar move with other psp games.
Hmmm, could this be the "new major franchise hd collection" that we had a discussion about in this thread? Loads of speculation, but I as I recall, no one guessed it would be a GoW psp collection.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:50:44 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »

Awesome, hoping they pull a similar move with other psp games.
Hmmm, could this be the "new major franchise hd collection" that we had a discussion about in this thread? Loads of speculation, but I as I recall, no one guessed it would be a GoW psp collection.

SE just trademarked "SE Masterpieces". I wonder if this includes remakes of PSP games.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 03:20:27 PM »

Interesting choice. This would have made more sense for the NGP to be honest, and Ghost of Sparta is barely six months old. I love the series, but this will have to be quite the remake for me to buy it.

Or a good price tag.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 03:48:23 PM »

I just bought a friggin' psp a couple months ago for the Ys games and others that I missed like the GoW games. Are these games really that great? Especially in comparison to their big brother counterparts? I suppose if I decide to play them, that this is pretty much the way to go. We'll see.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 01:20:45 AM »

They're good games, but they're definitely not like the PS2/3 games, for me. For one, they're short - CoO is 4-5 hours and GoS can't be more than... 8. There's more weapons/characters/story etc.. content in general, in the console GoWs.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 02:06:21 PM »

If they put them on one disc, I wouldn't mind picking these up. I don't like the PSP "nub".

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 04:54:02 AM »

As much as I love the franchise I also want SSM to move on. They have to release another game on the PS3 though, GoW3 is for me the biggest technological achievement on current gen consoles, only using that amazing tech on a single game would be a huge waste. I suggested in another thread that they could do Heavenly Sword 2, this would allow them to tackle a different franchise without leaving their comfort zone.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »

Same here, CDFN. Plot aside, III was amazing especially graphically. I'd hate to see that not used in another game. But at the same time I thought III was a finality for the series.

I've heard really mixed things about Heavenly Sword but always wanted to give it a shot. If Santa Monica (rather than NT) did HS2 though I'd be sold right away.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »

"Developer Ready at Dawn has re-mastered all of the cinematics from PlayStation Portable games God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta in native 1080p for God of War: Collection Volume 2."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-12-gow-origins-hd-cinematics-in-full-1080p

Wow, they didn't even bother doing that for the PS2 collection! The transition between realtime and cutscenes was quite jarring, specially in GoW1. This is good news.

Also:

"In re-mastering the two PSP games Ready at Dawn went through every single character in the game and doubled or tripled their polygon count by hand. The studio also up-rezed and re-painted every texture across both games."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:52:19 PM by CDFN » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: