Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 01:13:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337995 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dungeons And Dragons: Daggerdale.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dungeons And Dragons: Daggerdale.  (Read 3089 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »

Never even heard of this game and it's supposedly coming out in a few weeks. Looks interesting and it will be awesome to be able to play a real-deal RPG online with my 360 or PS3 with friends. It's going to be a downloadable game, so I would guess the game would be 20 bucks or so. Here's a short clip showcasing one of the classes, there's a few more videos on YouTube as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbz4bn6UG28
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:58:06 AM »

Could be fun, esp for 15 bux or whatever.

Would anyone be down w/ some DnD action if ole Yoda gets this?
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »

Yeah, probably... I was going to get into Dungeon Hunter, but then the PSN - wait, you wouldn't be playing on the PSN.

Let me start over...

NO!

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:27:22 PM »

Possibly, for 360 right? If the price is right, I might get this game. Need to renew my gold subscription first though.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elsHJDJWYmk <-- another trailer

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:13:30 PM »

Possibly, for 360 right? If the price is right, I might get this game. Need to renew my gold subscription first though.

This, minus the renewal. I'm good.

Plus, I need someone to. Show me the d&d ropes. My last experience was Neverwinter Nights. The original.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »

Given a choice, I'm sure everyone is going to play on 360 rather than PS3.  I only have a PS3 though, bah.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 02:20:58 AM »

I just read its going to have a stupid low level cap of 10!!! wtf man. They just want to get people interested so that they can release DLC 15 bucks at a time and raise the cap by 10 each time. I swear World of Warcrap has ruined rpgs like this. I just want a full experience from the initial release...
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 07:15:36 AM »

Dungeons and Dragons traditionally did not have many levels.. you were pretty much a god if you hit level 20.  I dont know what they are doing now with levels with the newer rulesets.. but they do have prestige classes and things like that.  10 levels for a D&D game is about on par for what they usually do.. Temple of Elemental Evil (2003 Atari PC game) had 10 levels in it too (most recent D&D game I can think of)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »

Careful with those facts.  Before you know it, he might play all those AD&D goldbox games from the late 80s/early 90s where you'd finish an entire campaign by level 9.

Fucking WoW, ruining old games.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 07:55:05 AM »

I just read its going to have a stupid low level cap of 10!!! wtf man. They just want to get people interested so that they can release DLC 15 bucks at a time and raise the cap by 10 each time. I swear World of Warcrap has ruined rpgs like this. I just want a full experience from the initial release...

I... wow.  I'm not even sure how to approach this.  How has an MMORPG that's known for CHANGING from the EverQuest-Style "Let's release an expansion pack every 6 months" style affected this single-player ARCADE title?

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »

After X Box Live being down for a few hours this morning, it finall decided to work again and I downloaded the game. The graphics look better than I thought they would from a 15 dollar game, but there's a few glitches. I talked to one dwarf and literally couldn't get out of the graphics glitch I encountered until I opened up my inventory screen. Also, when encountering a large group of enemies, they drop loot all over the place. When you defeat the last enemy sometimes it goes into a cutscene and when the cutscene is done, the loot is gone. Last but not least, the NPC's are HORRIBLE. It's literally like "Thank you for that, please go here now". Reminds me of the boring missions on Sacred 2. I only played a bit of the single player though, will play online with a friend tonight and see how it goes. And yes, you level up slowly. All I played today (an hour or so) I only filled 1 1/2 sections of the experience bar. Also heard this is indeed an episodic game.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »

My experience with Dungeons & Dragons-based RPGs has generally been shitty (Baldur's Gate), so I'll gladly skip this one.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 12:40:06 AM »

I hope the above comment is about like..dark alliance or something..cause...wow really?  I just cannot fathom Baldurs Gate (granted not as great as 2) was anything shitty.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 05:48:26 AM »

Early reports I am hearing is that the game is a buggy mess and may well be on its way to another ruined chance at having a good new D&D based game.. I dont get why it so impossible to do this! D&D has endless lore and content it should be a AAA franchise in games and even movies... yet in the past 10 years or so only 1 or 2 D&D games are even good and every movie every released in the D&D world has been crap.

I guess since it took years for someone to get Tolkien right D&D suffers the same fate.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: