Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2015, 10:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
343701 Posts in 14031 Topics by 2230 Members
Latest Member: BeoXXVI
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: POKéMON OMEGA RUBY & ALPHA SAPPHIRE  (Read 7911 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/18/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-one-coolest-new-features-yet/

A feature that lets players seek out new variations of Pokemon and movesets and to boldly go and capture them? The sperglords are going to love this one.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:56:03 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2014, 01:20:33 PM »

It just sounds like an alternate way of obtaining egg moves on a Pokemon, so I don't think the obsessive competitive players are going to bother with it. If it gives moves you couldn't get any other way on the other hand...
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »

It just sounds like an alternate way of obtaining egg moves on a Pokemon, so I don't think the obsessive competitive players are going to bother with it. If it gives moves you couldn't get any other way on the other hand...

My apologies, I probably should've clarified that the ability to see a pokemon's stats, IVs, nature, abilities, and moves without having to first capture it is the highlight of that feature.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2014, 06:39:49 PM »

Amazing original content GameFreak.

Christ, I know Pokemon is a lazy series, but this is just ridiculous.

Granted, these might've been faked, but I don't really think that's likely at this point.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »

Alright, here's a post for the 3 or 4 of you following this game (kinda surprised there's relatively low enthusiasm for this game around here considering that it's selling like crazy), an Italian interview has shed some...interesting things about why ORAS has turned out the way it has. Here are some rough translations:

Q:Pokemon ORAS have some features that have never been implemented before, such as Soaring in the sky and DexNav. Are you
going to keep them in the next generation of games?
Are there going to be any changes?

A:The basic structure of Pokemon games and the elements that keep the series together like Gyms, Elite Four and Champions are not going to change.
We still haven't decided which of the newly-introduced features we're going to keep; we never distinguish between "experiments" and "features to keep".
It all depends on the fans' reaction.

Q:There's been a lot of hype for a hypothetical remake of Ruby and Sapphire these last years. The internet was flooded with "Hoenn confirmed" images and you, Mr. Masuda, have been able to see this enthusiasm for yourself with your countless followers on Twitter.
We were wondering if all of this had anything to do with your decision to make ORAS a reality.

A:This time we have indeed been influenced by fans and we had planned to make these remakes for some time. November 21 2012, the day of the tenth anniversary of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, I decided to assign the role of Game Director to Shigeru Ohmori, it was the first game he worked on as Director since he joined Game Freak.

Q:We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games.
What bought you to this decision?
Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?

A:What? How come you've already played the games? *hearty laughter*
[the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview]
We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past.
The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason.
Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

Q:The soundtrack in HeartGold/SoulSilver was completely made anew from the original Gold/Silver, whereas in ORAS the
arrangements were very faithful to the original music and some areas even had music that was made specifically for them.
How come?

A:It's a rather technical matter, we had some limitations whan creating music before but now with the Nintendo 3ds the whole process is a lot easier and we can take full advantage of the potential of the console.

Q:How do you choose what region a Pokemon game takes place in? Do your journeys influence that decision?
What about Italy, is there a chance a future Pokemon game could take place in our peninsula and feature some typical cities and cultural elements?

A:First we choose the theme of the game and then we decide where it will take place.
For example, in X and Y we picked France because of the "beauty" theme (Kalos means beauty in Ancient Greek). We wanted to highlight this aspect seeing as this was our first game on 3DS.
In Black and White the theme was "union" so there were a lot of different people and cities, all united together (that's where the name Isshu/Unova comes from).
Perhaps in the future we'll find a theme which could be represented by Italy, who knows... *laughter*

In other words, they're refusing to put anything beyond the minimal effort into the games because they think people won't have time to do them...even though the very act of playing video games in the first place is wasting time anyway. The idea that they only keep features in the series people like is also a straight lie, given how many people enjoyed Contests, Following Pokemon, or Pokemon World Tournament, but they didn't keep those features in the games anyway.

At the risk of sounding dramatic, I think I'm done with this series if that's the attitude they're going to take. I'm honestly just flummoxed by this interview more than anything.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »

I've always been very confused by the great features they've chucked out over the years. Pretty much every Pokemon game seems to be two steps forward, one step back - it's incredibly confusing. I bet we'll lose Soaring and the DexNav in the next games, which is a shame.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »

I've always been very confused by the great features they've chucked out over the years. Pretty much every Pokemon game seems to be two steps forward, one step back - it's incredibly confusing. I bet we'll lose Soaring and the DexNav in the next games, which is a shame.

I guess that in order to play all these features, you need to "Collect them all"....I'll show myself out.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2014, 04:02:14 AM »

I've always been frustrated with their practice of removing features from one Pokemon game to the next, but I've always dealt with it because at the end of the day, I still enjoyed the games.

Them basically coming out and saying "we put less in the games and make them easier now because we want to compete with garbage shovelware mobile games" is so nonsensical that I don't even know where to start, though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: