Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2016, 05:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
242149 Posts in 7254 Topics by 2377 Members
Latest Member: NickRansbottom
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Zelda Topic (Latest: NX title delayed to '17)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda Topic (Latest: NX title delayed to '17)  (Read 25083 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2016, 04:09:18 PM »

Mesh nailed it. Developers just need to own their decisions, problem solved. Argument ends. It just becomes "I want this", and no one can argue against that. They don't have to like it, but you can't tell someone their own opinion is wrong.

That said, I love the idea of a game where Zelda is either an active follower, or you switch off. She's always been kind of a badass, so we don't need to change much, just the idea of giving her more screen time and fleshing out her character in an action environment.
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2016, 07:03:39 PM »

She kind of was that way in Spirit Tracks... although she was technically like "dead" sorta....
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2016, 10:30:25 PM »

She kind of was that way in Spirit Tracks... although she was technically like "dead" sorta....

She wasn't dead, just disembodied (also a total wiseass about this particular matter).

I also kinda still lament the fact that they didn't go through with the idea of having 3 playable characters (ala Secret of Mana) for ALttP. Granted, I can't really lament it too much simply because ALttP was amazing as is, but it would've made this matter less of an unsurmountable issue on precedent (much like Peach's playability status in non-spinoff Mario games).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2016, 12:10:29 AM »

She wasn't dead, just disembodied (also a total wiseass about this particular matter).

I also kinda still lament the fact that they didn't go through with the idea of having 3 playable characters (ala Secret of Mana) for ALttP. Granted, I can't really lament it too much simply because ALttP was amazing as is, but it would've made this matter less of an unsurmountable issue on precedent (much like Peach's playability status in non-spinoff Mario games).

Isn't having three playable characters on screen the major reason why SoM has a bunch of issues with collision detection/framerate/frite splicker/occasionally dropping attacks?

Given Nintendo's fondness for polish and technical not-being-not-polished it makes sense why they didn't go with 3 playable characters (granted, you could've gone the Rolan's Curse 2 route and just had one playable character active at a given time. Also I'm sure there's another game that did the same thing that people actually played and would work better as an example here but screw it I love RC2 [Noooooot RC1 though. That uh... No]).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2016, 03:37:27 AM »

Isn't having three playable characters on screen the major reason why SoM has a bunch of issues with collision detection/framerate/frite splicker/occasionally dropping attacks?

Given Nintendo's fondness for polish and technical not-being-not-polished it makes sense why they didn't go with 3 playable characters (granted, you could've gone the Rolan's Curse 2 route and just had one playable character active at a given time. Also I'm sure there's another game that did the same thing that people actually played and would work better as an example here but screw it I love RC2 [Noooooot RC1 though. That uh... No]).

There's Castlevania 3 or that awful NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game if you wanted something less obscure than a pair of GameBOY games.

But no, the reason why SoM had collision detection/framerate/etc issues was in part due to the game originally getting downgraded from the planned Nintendo Playstation design, and in part to the issues with the engine itself (as Secret of Evermore suffers from the same issues despite having fewer playable characters).

And also, SoM was a SuperNES era Square game, all of which were barely held together by Duct Tape, Shoe Strings and Gum.

That said, regardless to the technical feasibility of a 3-person party, Nintendo ultimately went with the far more tried and true scope and put craftsmanship quality underneath it instead (also, I don't think the plan was to make it true multiplayer like SoM, which was also another major source of that game's collision detection issues).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2016, 11:38:09 PM »

Looks like Breath of the Wild is continuing the trend of musical easter eggs.  URL says it all.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/can-you-hear-the-song-of-time-in-this-breath-of-the-wild-video

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2016, 03:03:35 AM »

Looks like Breath of the Wild is continuing the trend of musical easter eggs.  URL says it all.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/can-you-hear-the-song-of-time-in-this-breath-of-the-wild-video

Nice! Nintendo is adorebz.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: