Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« Reply #1665 on: November 22, 2018, 05:58:58 AM »
I honestly enjoyed this game a great deal.

Because it's actually a really good game.

I'm not trying to revive a massive debate... I'm just wondering what appealed to you both? I just hated the whole game from start to finish. I thought the open-world was boring, combat took too long (though, to be fair, I probably wasn't very good at it), the main characters weren't engaging and others were underutilised, the dialogue was cringey, and the story was just a head-scratching mess (but, hey, Tetsuya Nomura, so I'm not surprised). The graphics were good, so there's that, I guess.

I'll try to follow your example of concision and just say that the world and music were beautiful, I loved the character dialogue and chemistry (although it desperately needed more Iris or Luna or both), wonderful and immersive dungeon design, and an overall plot that, while a bit too head-scratchy in places I admit, delivered overall with an awesome climax and touching character moments.

Yeah, same here. I personally was in it for the world design and character interactions, and wasn't disappointed. I've certainly put up with far worse in Final Fantasy, and the fact that a few portions felt like they were flatout missing was the only bit that got to me. Combat was fine, story was fine, music was fine, graphics were on-par or better than what I'd seen in trailers...I enjoyed it.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes