Author Topic: super robot wars topic

bigdeath

• View Profile
Re: super robot wars topic
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »
Ok, having looked up the series.......maybe thats not worth watching. lol. How did that make into SRW. lol Well, I suppose the mecha looks really cool.

kkhohoho

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2016, 03:02:54 PM »
Ok, having looked up the series.......maybe thats not worth watching. lol. How did that make into SRW. lol Well, I suppose the mecha looks really cool.

Maybe they wanted to 'fix it' like they did with Seed Destiny? Both shows were made by the same people after all, so maybe that's what they're going for here.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2016, 11:41:11 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnlu7aiKHfw

13 mins of Calvina's route's gameplay. Quick, someone translate this NOW! lol

Note: the Japanese release date is next friday.

I love Bellzelute, the more flashy updated attacks look awesome. Excuse me, I'm having a fanboy moment seeing all the attacks from SRW J updated. O.O I'm just happy to see Bellz has the same attacks for its game. They go through each attack just to make sure you know they are all there. Of interesting note is that spirits of the pilots don't seem the same. Tenia (the red head) didn't have accel in SRW J. I'll be interested in seeing what the powerbuff girls' spirit groups are.

So happy we got a little sneak peak at Calvina's Route. Totally going to pick her route split, just like I pick her in SRW J. Her theme songs are awesome and its nice to here the update versions of the songs.

Another small note: In SRW J Toya's first mission was on earth while the first mission of Calvina's route is in space. It seems they are sticking to that in the game as well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:01:08 PM by bigdeath »

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2016, 12:22:51 PM »
So the Japanese version comes out this Friday and, of course, some people got the game early.

Calvina Theme (Revenger):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVfYM_-IMZA

All of Granteed's attacks (That last ones a little bit of overkill lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yAOQHJC3j8

All of Bellzelute Brigandi's attacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GIqrGf6eM8

Note: this guy is uploading the attacks of a lot of mechs in the game. Check out the updated visuals for your favorite mechs and drool.

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/OGMD/Flow_Chart

Apparently 47 missions in total (not counting the replay value of split routes). After the first prologue mission, you get a 9 missions long route split between Touya and Calvina. So worry not, White Lynx fans, best girl is getting plenty of love. Coincidently, the first mission of her route is titled "White Lynx".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:35:13 AM by bigdeath »

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 29, 2016, 10:24:29 PM »
this trend of them just doing english subtitles for asian versions instead of a full localization is really working out, bit on gundam breaker 3 cause of that. Also supposedly there's no macross this time cause rights to macross outside of japan is a huge clusterfuck they don't want to deal with. I wonder how the translations will be for the anime series that never had  formal english localizations
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2016, 11:14:16 PM »
The game releasing Friday is an OG game so there are no mechs from animes in it. SRW V won't be released till next year.

Licensing issues prevent them from releasing SRW outside of the Asian market but the English sub version will be Asian Market only so its a none issue. Macross was likely dropped because Macross Frontier has been done to death already and they aren't ready to move on to Macross Delta (the shows not done airing yet). Also, SRW V has a lot of classic mecha like Chars Counterattack and Zeta, I feel like this is on purpose to celebrate the anniversary with some returning classic shows.

Because of those licensing issues, we are never going to see an English localization for western markets but thankfully Asian markets have become profitable enough for them to release english subs. Thank Asian mecha fans for that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:20:55 PM by bigdeath »

Spoony Mage

• I aim to misbehave and to please.
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Shoot to kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2016, 12:30:40 AM »

Note: this guy is uploading the attacks of a lot of mechs in the game. Check out the updated visuals for your favorite mechs and drool.

So much fanservice!  And I don't mean just the usual kind.

Gespenst Phantom (Haken)

https://youtu.be/6Rh46Fd9ihc

That final attack. lol
Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2016, 02:20:02 AM »
Thats not even the most over the top attack in the game. LOL But if you love Gespents (and you should), this game will be great for you.

Also, edit to post above. MD has 47 missions and the first route split is 9 missions long.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2016, 04:20:49 AM »

So much fanservice!  And I don't mean just the usual kind.

Gespenst Phantom (Haken)

https://youtu.be/6Rh46Fd9ihc

That final attack. lol

So does anybody have a video of Lamia piloting the Gespy Phantom yet?
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
Ask, and ye shall receive. Lamia piloting Gespenst Phantom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOfR8dy6dM4

All of Granteed Dracodeus attacks (the last one is rather long lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-c_0A3Fhs

A treat for everyone whos played SRW J and waited a decade to see this in an OG game (Al-van kicking ass - Yes, he joins the team):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1znqwF2U7U

SRW J final boss in MD (Duh, of course):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR-Eu3TwACU
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:27:57 PM by bigdeath »

Spoony Mage

• I aim to misbehave and to please.
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Shoot to kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »
Mind's officially blown!

Seeing as I managed to lose my game save for SRWJ a while back, I never did get to see how it ended.  I'll just have to make up for it with this.  :)
Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2016, 12:13:07 AM »
ive been avoiding spoilers since i'm waiting for the the sub titled version in august. hey look aschen is s sub pilot for hawken.....i see banpresto is back to it's mysogynistic ways.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:17:53 AM by Alisha »

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2016, 09:43:32 AM »
ive been avoiding spoilers since i'm waiting for the the sub titled version in august. hey look aschen is s sub pilot for hawken.....i see banpresto is back to it's mysogynistic ways.

Except that she's not a subpilot for Hawken. She's just locked to the Gespy Phantom, which is manageable since it leads to shenanigans like this.

Code: [Select]
The joke is that Aschen is OG Saga's version of Lamia, down to the W-Series call sign, and I think they even share the same voice actress. So technically she's as much of a subpilot for herself as she is for Hawken.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2016, 04:12:04 PM »

I don't understand, why is that Mysogynistic? SRW OG has plenty of female pilots that kickass. Also, if Aschen shares the same voice actress as Lamia then that explains why there is an achivements for having Lamia pilot Gespent Phantom.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2016, 10:28:20 PM »

I don't understand, why is that Mysogynistic? SRW OG has plenty of female pilots that kickass. Also, if Aschen shares the same voice actress as Lamia then that explains why there is an achivements for having Lamia pilot Gespent Phantom.

Lately, there's been a trend of making OG characters that consist of a male pilot and a female subpilot (or in mechanical terms the guy you upgrade and has narrative importance, versus an SP Battery with occasional boob jiggle). While there are exceptions, most of those date back to either Alpha or the early GBA era SRWs when OG characters started actively having their own plot. SRW Z1 was the last time the OG series really had a female lead and her entire shtick was getting the crap beaten out of her both emotionally and physically to the point of going Tales of Symphonia's Collette while her plot macguffin was eating her alive (meanwhile, the male protagonist's issue was from his own anger backlashing on him, and he was very prone to getting angry and smashing things). And of the few earlier female leads that had existed, like Kusuha, have been mechanically nerfed/backseatted by the plot for their male counterparts/or just flat out kidnapped and brainwashed.

And I could go on but I'm belaboring the point, which is that with Moon Dwellers, the SRW series has finally given players a route with an honest to god female lead option for the first time since 2008 with Z1 (and only because its partially based upon SRW J, a game that was released in 2005).

Though to be fair, the entire Super Robot genre is heavily male dominated. There have been very few Super Robot anime/OVAs that had females in any sort of lead position that weren't also garbage fires like Cross Ange was (which unsurprisingly, got totally hijacked by one of the show's two male characters; the other being the villain), while the vast majority of the genre is lucky to even see a female character with any significance beyond 'designated love interest' and/or 'the Pink Ranger'. Which unfortunately means that SRW's tendency to copy genre tropes and whatnot also tend to copy this attitude as well.