Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 09:39:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329485 Posts in 13499 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: super robot wars topic  (Read 21735 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 02:42:40 AM »

Bamp for Great Justice! and a new trailer....http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/16/as-promised-we-have-a-trailer-for-the-2nd-super-robot-taisen-og/

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 02:54:07 AM »

i like the dynamic camera angles sorta reminds me of srw 64

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 03:26:09 AM »

Man this looks so good.  Totally importing yet another SRW game for this.
xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 03:54:08 AM »

Look nice but they added a bunch of character that I never heard of.  BTW, are they going to model it after the game or the anime?  Cuz the anime, while nice,  was missing several key note from the game like drilling a certain hateful bastard to death. 
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »

Look nice but they added a bunch of character that I never heard of.  BTW, are they going to model it after the game or the anime?  Cuz the anime, while nice,  was missing several key note from the game like drilling a certain hateful bastard to death. 

Yeah, that kinda happens when drawing from the depths of a 20 year old series that's seen dozens of games across a dozen systems that, with but three exceptions, has never seen the light of day outside of Japan. Also this game is the continuation of the OG series, not a rehash (i.e. Lee already took that drill to the face). The only old ground that's being covered are the OG plots from @2, A, D, and a bunch of other stuffs, while also adding a bit of content on it's own (Katrina and Russel getting their own specialized Gespies for instance (and Kai gets a new one too aside from the Gespy-S)).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
xellos2099

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 11:29:29 AM »

If that's the case... how come I am seeing Angele?
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 07:32:42 PM »

That's what I meant by them covering SRW A. If you look closely enough you'll see not only the Angelg but also the Soulgain. Those are the two primary mechs of the original protagonists of SRW A, Lamia Loveless and Axel Almer. The plot of A had Axel lose his memory before the events of the game, hence his protag status in A, OGSaga EF Exceed, and now most likely this game OGs2.

Although if I'm remembering A correctly, they've already covered those events in OG2, so they may just be there as part of OGs2's contributions to the plot instead.

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 09:02:46 PM »

you made a typo you meant to say R not D. also the anime is not cannon. the game follows the events of OGS version of OG2 and OGG. most of OG2 gba is still relevant however in OGS OG2 lee did not die. expect him to be in the not titans. aka GS.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »

you made a typo you meant to say R not D. also the anime is not cannon. the game follows the events of OGS version of OG2 and OGG. most of OG2 gba is still relevant however in OGS OG2 lee did not die. expect him to be in the not titans. aka GS.

I don't know about that. 2:12 and 2:39 in that trailer seems to suggest otherwise.

As for Lee, I did not know that. I was aware that there were changes made to some of the plot and characters to accommodate the new characters as well as to improve some of the battles and events from OG1 & 2 like Wodan helping out with the Machine Children after getting his shit kicked in by Sanger.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »

Importing this, although the import price is outrageous these days.. $109 from ncsx after shipping
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:25:12 PM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/12/ps3_suparobot_delay/

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 09:39:40 PM »

No surprise there. They tend to delay the console releases to cram in more content and animations.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »

for the 3 of you that care about this game :D

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/14046567.html

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »

I've been playing through the older SRWs in chronological order. Mostly challenge runs, since I don't find them particularly difficult otherwise.

Looking forward to this game still.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:30:20 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LncxH-Bdrw&sns

holy................

*picks jaw up off the floor*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print