Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:13:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: super robot wars topic  (Read 27787 times)
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 03:30:21 AM »

It does seem a bit overly complicated. Here's a better description of it. It doesn't make sense to me why an ability only activates if you have 3 of the same type of part equipped. There should still be some kind of bonus for equipping 1 or 2 parts. Otherwise, since there's no point to equipping 1 or 2 parts, they might as well give each pilot/robot one slot to equip one part, since it's technically the same thing as having 3 slots that require 3 parts to have any effect. Might be missing something but that's how I understand it right now.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:38:51 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 06:06:18 AM »

Great. So not only have they made it more needlessly complicated than necessary but that Katina and Russel aren't actually getting new machines but frames for the old ones.

Actually I'm sort of okay with these. I can just about wrap my head around the 'why' of those multiple skill slots and sticking with frames will at least help stem the power level creep going on (since OGs1 and OGG were pretty bad about that).

Anyways, my take on the multiple skill slots is mostly to encourage splitting up and reforming Twin formations during battle. Say that you have a particular ace that you want to fully take out the boss but of course you'll need to build some Will to use your huge combination attack. However your other high damage dealing ace burns through ammo too quickly or can't dodge for shit (or doesn't want to get hit to avoid Will penalties/ect...) but you still need to build Will for that combination attack. So you start by pairing the two with different partners with skills that compliment their Will building goals (or maybe movement's the issue/ect...), then once you've achieved your desired state you split those two groups apart and reform as one new group (and a dedicated support group with the leftovers) to achieve MAXIMUM DAKKA!!!! Since you only have a limited number of slots you can stick one or two copies of whatever you plan on needing with the aces and have your support carry the rest of the necessary loadout for the Will building ritual (or whatever/ect...) as well as support boosting options for later so that they don't become deadweight afterwards.

In other words its trying to avoid what FE11 did with its Double mechanic where you received bonuses based upon a combination of stats, class, and support level. In effect you're grooming half your active team into support bots for the other half over the course of the entire main game (although with all the grinding you can do in that game and the unlimited A level supports you can make (only one S ranked support though for marriage/breeding reasons) you can easily build a bunch of support options into anybody as well as converting your support bots into frontliners that you can switch back and forth with to abuse things like Lightning Speed or Cry skills).

In the end I think that the three required skills is just for flexibility purposes given that you could either give two units up to four bonuses or one unit up to three out of six bonuses spread across six different partners (provided there are enough skills to go around). Won't know how it goes until we can play it (without importing or resorting to illicit means which I suspect will be between a cold day in hell to never given all the bullshit and general lack of interest that surrounds this series).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 07:13:52 AM »

Do we know if they're allowing units to break up into singles and regroup? That would make sense but I must have missed that info.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 08:29:42 AM »

Do we know if they're allowing units to break up into singles and regroup? That would make sense but I must have missed that info.

I think I saw it go by somewhere, and even then it was like that in OGs1 anyways since you had to assemble them on the map to begin with (which made the feature relatively worthless outside of MAXIMUM DAKKA!!! since you were diminishing your allotted manpower for a moderate boost to a single attack's damage output).

Either way, if they don't, then this system is really fucking retarded.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »

These were the reasons I was given on srwg: "Because the pilot and the mech have built-in skill parts, too. Like how Latouni has 2 shooting up part, and all you need is to give her another one."

"The point is to make the twin pilot thing more appealing. Using only a single unit, you can have at best 2 skills activated to a single character. Using the Twin System, you can now double that to 4 skills for activated on that character, and another character because they are in a twin setup and sharing the burden of the three parts spread across them."

I've finished my 2nd z2-2 no upgrade/pp playthrough. Working on editing, encoding, and uploading the remaining videos. Until then I've got a playthrough log on gfaqs.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2012, 04:32:45 AM »

gameplay footage from TGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMt_XWSllN0

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »

第2次OG」第4弾プロモーションムービー
先行上映会、10月27日(土)に開催決定!
PV4 on october 27th

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm98DeQlX4k
PV4 with glorious amounts of masou kishin. so EX is confirmed.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »

I'm not feeling the whole EX-lite thing.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 11:33:59 AM »

On the other hand it could mean a Cybuster/Valsione upgrade (or at least open up the Prana option for them).

Of course you can't really have The Lord of Elemental without Shu and last I checked he kind of died during OG1 (not like this ever stopped alternate versions from taking over the bad guy spot).

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »

i think you mean OGG. also its pretty common knowledge that shu gets revived in EX hence why he's around in MK1 part2

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »

I suppose the question is just how much of the game is dedicated to EX/La Gaias stuff. I'm not big into SRW plots, but if I have to fight in the same area against the same enemies for most of the game, it'll get boring. I like variety.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »

If its anything like other OG games then they'll probably dedicate an arc to it like they're going to probably do with every other new game's plot before turning the whole thing into a massive clusterfuck of villains, upgrades, and plots.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »

If its anything like other OG games then they'll probably dedicate an arc to it like they're going to probably do with every other new game's plot before turning the whole thing into a massive clusterfuck of villains, upgrades, and plots.
Works for me. Still hoping for Ex-Hard (stop holding out on me Terada..)
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »

gameplay of the 1st stage and theres already a surprise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQ6Ep9Y-Fc&feature=player_embedded
the just got longer :/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: