Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 10:45:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329236 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: super robot wars topic  (Read 21568 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 01:40:55 AM »

Has SRW finally upgraded their cutscenes to DBZ grade transit chattering or will this just be a one off deal? Find out next time on SRW.

Also, this just in; Ibis still sucks.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 02:21:32 AM »

That was kind of underwheming compared to the Z2-2 prologue.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2012, 03:13:03 AM »

you suck....anyways after watching the subtitled version im pretty sure that capsule picked up at the end is irui.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2012, 04:26:18 AM »

That was kind of underwheming compared to the Z2-2 prologue.

To be fair though, Z2-2's prologue was a bunch of series' season 1's finales playing out one after the other. You'd be hard pressed to find anything that isn't underwhelming compared to that.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »

I don't know much about the plot but they could have done more gameplay wise. I was expecting a bit more than totally flat terrain and the scenario auto-ending after firing at grunts for a few turns. The z2-2 prologue was cool because it was immediately interesting to me gameplay wise.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »

I don't know. I thought it demonstrated supports well by having a support bot/spirit battery/Gundam Hucklebein duct taped to a battleship hanging around patching up Ibis after her failures to dodge the weakest of grunts in the seat of what is probably one of the more dodgy Reals of the prior games.

Either way it's at least better than Ryusei's route in OG1 where its just Elzam soloing less than a handful of Aerogater bugs out in space in his Trombe.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »

Well I mostly play SRW for gameplay, as I do most tactics games, so that's what I base my opinions off of. I like games like Fallout: New Vegas if I want to get involved in plot and characters as I get to take a direct role in altering how things play out. I thought the Z2-1 and Z2-2 first scenarios were ok. Pretty sad that someone gets attacked for basing their opinion on different aspects of a game than its plot or characters.

I'd like to see another gameplay trailer showing a later scenario.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:22:00 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2012, 07:39:31 AM »

Stand by for ridiculous voice acting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxHgxB2VJw

The second stage gameplay is up. The mooks continue to be a joke, Cybuster's still ridiculous, and the player flubs the Skill Point by sending a low willed, unpaired Rein Weisritter up against the boss instead of the maxed willed Cybuster with Cosmo Nova at the ready.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »

I liked the 2nd gameplay trailer more than the first. There was more going on (reinforcements, enemy counts, terrain).

But I think it does show that 2nd OG will likely be an easy/casual game like Z2-2 was. Oh well.. I'll still have fun with it.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2012, 11:29:39 PM »

if its anything like L wich also had pair system. enemy counts will be huge by stage 10 due to every non boss enemy unit being twinned.
anyways my order is on preparing so i may recieve it before the 29th.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »

Kind of morbidly tempted. I did enjoy OG1&2, and the language barrier doesn't seem TOO strict, skills aside(which I know are integral to surviving the GBA games).

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »

I say go for it. There will be plenty of info available at the Akurasu Wiki. You can go there right now and get familiar with some of the skills and seishins that will likely return. If you need help ask here or gamefaqs.. plenty of people will be playing it that can help.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2012, 04:13:31 AM »

well sp regen wont be a buyable skill so that barrier wont exist. just gotta know seishins most of wich can be figured out from text in the description such as 30% 10 1/4 2 2.5 100% etc.
id say go for it.

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 12:14:01 AM »

yo i think someones got shiva beat !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUTGaovTCZU&feature=player_embedded
O_O also dat Ruina theme.
also

>_>
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:19:48 AM by Alisha » Logged

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »

i was sooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to call off work today.
played the 1st 6 stages and so far i gotta say the new gespenst frames are beast! even russel is kicking ass.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: