Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 05:52:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327900 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: super robot wars topic  (Read 20867 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2012, 08:42:10 AM »

Impressions I've been hearing thus far include....
- 61 chapters long.
- 2 route splits.
- Secret weapons for the Masoukishin crew.
- Roar and Axel are mutually exclusive.
- Which likely means that Afimi is only going to show up with Axel around.
- And this supposedly means that Roar gets Banchobot in compensation.
- This is like watching the OG Enterprise light up the night sky in Star Trek III (spoilers obviously).
- Also I like how they handled some of the 'chieveos.

As for some of the new gameplay mechanics....
- It seems that I called it in regards to those equipable skills that require having three of a kind to get their effect requiring a high level of sperg to manage on more than one person.
- The twin twins attack (or whatever the hell its called) has a mess of requirements including the leading attacker having the Leadership skill (unbuyable), requires at least 140 will for every participant, costs 10 will to each participant to use, and can only use attacks with an F symbol next to it, which obviously means that everybody needs at least one attack with an F symbol.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »

I'm on scenario 16 and almost every scenario has been easy, boring filler. Move forward, slap around some grunts, then kick an easy bosses ass. I dunno what they're doing with the plot but the gameplay isn't up to par. I'm hoping the game heats up soon because 16 scenarios of grunt filler is not cool. The animations are amazing but can't carry the game on their own.

On the ability slot system, I've kept it simple and stuck with 3 of the same on one pilot or robot. I haven't bothered trying to mix and match as it doesn't seem like there's much benefit so far, and as you noted it can get complicated. I'm not too hot on the system.. overall it's pretty ignorable so far.

I haven't managed to pull off a "maximum break", partly because the scenarios so far end too quickly, partly because I haven't had the need to set one up yet. Fleeing bosses retreat at very low (7-8k) HP values so it's rarely a struggle to do enough damage.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05:30 AM »

so far i think this game managed to surpass og2. i hope it gets an eng release so more of you can play it

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2012, 04:07:18 AM »

Not too likely given how OGs never got a release in the US. One can dream, I guess...
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

I've got a playthrough log up on gamefaqs. It's a pretty easy SRW/tactics game overall, although it's difficult to fully grasp the game mechanics without Japanese/SRW knowledge. I really doubt it will see an English release.

After the first 16 filler stages, things heat up a bit, but it doesn't get going until halfway through. Too many filler stages imo. The animations are amazing though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:20:06 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/11/super-robot-taisen-ux-suits-up-for-3ds-with-demonbane-and-heroman/

Doesn't even deserve it's own thread until either Escaflowne or Magic Knight Rayearth shows up.

That said, I'm curious to see how Branpresto handles Trailblazer.

Edit: http://gematsu.com/2012/12/super-robot-wars-ux-announced-for-3ds

Hatsumi Miku Virtua-On and Linebarrels of Smug as well. Just depresses me more that Heroman is debuting in this one instead of a good SRW.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:34:27 PM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2012, 11:01:09 PM »

Sangoku Gundam and Trailblazer in the same one? wut

Those are like polar opposites in setting, tone, and...like, everything. I know that applies to a lot of SRW, but still. Wat.

I'm pretty much always more of a handheld guy so I really hope they have voices in this one.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »

At least Setsuna will have some other fellow Gundams to talk to at least. But yeah, when your best Gundam is an SD Gundam you're officially scraping the bottom of the barrel. At least Dunbine and Tobikage are getting back into a new SRW (been at least a decade since Impact).

Also: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/12/super-robot-taisen-ux-trailer-shows-off-demonbane-macross-f-and-more/

At this point, I almost want that confirmed series list to be correct and feature Kishin Houkou Demonbane instead of Zamna Taisei Demonbane just to see how they'll handle the shenanigans that is Crisis of Infinite Demonbanes.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »

the whole 3ds reigon lock thing tempers any excitment i might have.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2012, 06:57:59 AM »

UX looks interesting.. I might get a JP 3DS to play it. I love puzzle robo and the animation quality looks fine to me. Only problem is they still cost $229 at play-asia.

I'm doing a video playthrough of 2nd OG Ex-hard mode. Check the playlist here. Animations are occasionally turned on.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:00:57 AM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »

the whole 3ds reigon lock

fuck me, i forgot about that

why u do dis Nintendo
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/super-robot-wars-ux-screenshots

Some screenshots of the still batshit UX cast list.

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

I don't recognize too many series in UX, but at least mazinkaiser's in it. Was hoping for full metal panic or tekkaman blade again. As for OG2, I just got Sanger and up to stage 16. Just curious if the skills do anything while not equipping 3 of the same on a person.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:12 AM »

Yeah, I would've loved Tekkaman and/or FMP in a voiced SRW. I'm more a fan of the old school mecha shows so the more recent SRW games have been less appealing to me. I guess I should get around to actually watching some of them.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »

Looking forward to UX along with my new imported Japanese 3DS. It cost $330 US after shipping, but if the 3DS gets more good import games it will be worth it. I wanted to import a 3DS XL but that cost about $80 more so I had to settle with the cheaper one.

I finished 2nd OG ex-hard, and finished the video playthrough log as well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: