Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:37:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print
Author Topic: super robot wars topic  (Read 25663 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2013, 04:37:51 AM »

Knew I should've made a proper post instead of editing my old one (didn't want to triple post though).

Anyways, I'm not unless they do something crazy like bring in Valzacard as that motherfucker is HUGE (granted it is mostly made of a carrier). This is like those Gundam Arcade 3rd person battlers that plays like Virtua-On meets Armored Core.

Also, lol at a Fairloin and Russel getting confirmed already.

Edit: http://gematsu.com/gallery/super-robot-wars-og-infinite-battle/september-11-2013/

Now with screenshots (and some MK3 for some reason). I dunno, looks kinda fugly, but then again, this is Branpresto we're talking about here so this is probably they best they can manage.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:27:46 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2013, 05:49:28 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbfDb3sj6dE

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »

Watching Soul Gain pummel the meter or air above Alt Eisen and Woden's Sledgelmir's backside take up over half of the screen real estate is just awkward as all hell.

That said, Shu and his Neo Granzon's excellent adventure sounds hilariously awesome.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »

Uh, a thought occurred: I suppose the Transformers have never been in an SRW? Hasbro said no chance?

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »

Uh, a thought occurred: I suppose the Transformers have never been in an SRW? Hasbro said no chance?

Tony Takara. But yes, they're pretty much rivals to Bandai so we're more likely to see Pacific Rim or MegasXLR make it in before Transformers.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2013, 07:28:19 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/super-heroine-chronicle-japanese-release-date-set

And Not-Queen's Blade gets a release date.

Although, given how long ago this was mentioned and the still-anemic series list it has going into this, who gives a fuck?

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »

I played UX, MK3, and OE and thought they were all mediocre or bad compared to classics like the Alpha and Z series.

That heroine wars gameplay looks rather bland. Seems like it's safe to skip unless you really like the cast.

Looking forward to the next "epic" SRW like Z3.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2013, 08:40:05 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/3rd-super-robot-wars-z-announced-ps3-ps-vita

Z3 announced. For both PS3 and PSVita. A lot of returners from the previous Z titles announced so far with the most notable inclusions being Gundam Unicorn (not surprising being recent and showing up alongside Char's Counterattack), Gunbuster (first time since Alpha 3), Full Metal Panic (not sure if Fumoffu! or Second Raid will make it), Aquarion EVOL (since its a debut, they'll probably play orz straight), and one of the Rebuild of Evagelion movies (not exactly sure which one; hell, I'm not even sure the final movie is out yet).

Notable absences: Gundam AGE (ha!), Gundam SEED (although I wouldn't put it past them for a latter announcement), and Eureka Seven AO (again, ha!).

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2013, 09:55:57 AM »

Good thing they left out that garbage that was AO. I actually don't think AGE would be that bad in an SRW since it had lots of fun mechs to play with (and crazy Grandpa Flit), but it probably wouldn't fit that well into Z at this point given the backstory. But goddamn that lineup already has me sold- FMP voiced in an SRW, Gunbuster again, and Unicorn? Take my money.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »

OMFG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4ss4RfF9xY

edit:better quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1mgufn2Bc
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:54:54 PM by Alisha » Logged

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »

Z3 should be pretty fun. The next "epic" SRW after 2nd OG.

Finished my Dark Prison ex-hard run, you can check the youtube playlist here.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »

So much for not having SEED representation (then again, having Code Geass R2's Jesus Kururugi hanging out with SEED Destiny's Jesus Yamato should make for some entertaining interplay, nevermind the people who are actually worth watching like Chirico, Heero, Sousuke, and Setsuna getting together to play poker, even Roger Smith wouldn't stand a chance against that must stoic, especially if R-Dorothy jumps in....oh goddammit).

Either way, Oh Hell YES!!! Having Tetsujin 28 (even 80s Gigantor is still incredibly oldskool), the VOTOMs' trashcans on wheels (i.e. Scopedogs), FMP's walkers (which invariably means Bonta-kun), Dai-Guard (the 9 to 5 everyday salaryman's giant robot of choice), Big O (the negotiator's clod hopper of choice), and Godmars (featuring the best of low budget animation) along side Rebuild of Eva (fuck the world, we have giant robots), Gunbuster (fuck the galaxy, we have giant robots), and at least up to Arc Gurren Lagann (fuck the universe, we have giant robots), not to mention everything in between. This just needs Xabungle (diesel powered robots) and something like Braiger (space car) plus squads like Z1 again (so that I can stick Gunbuster and somebody like Arc Gurren Lagann or Aquarion on any flight enabled unit as squad leader to get those two behemoths up in the air).

Of course, if Siliconera is to be believed, then this is just part 1 of Z3. So we probably wont get the 30 Armageddon Pileup that Alpha 3 had (at least until Z3-2).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »

This is super exciting, but I kinda hope it's not multi-part, if only because importing's expensive. =P Might go with the Vita version just to chop off some of the price...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2013, 06:35:16 PM »

I never really got why they remove series between games since half the time they just recycle the units/animations and balance has never really been a huge concern in SRW. Always annoyed me when I couldn't plunder the enemy with a team of piratebots in Alpha 3.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: December 25, 2013, 01:01:09 AM »

it's confirmed to be 2 part.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: