Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 01:00:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328015 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  super robot wars topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: super robot wars topic  (Read 20929 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2014, 01:19:54 AM »

This series is starting to interest me, but I have -no- clue which games would be good ones to start with. I got OE for free ("free"?) a while back; would that be an acceptable starting point?

I would highly recommend against playing OE. They screwed the pooch over on that one in a large variety of ways, not the least of which involved releasing the game in "Chapters" and balancing the game's progression curve on repetitious grinding in between "Chapter" releases.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »

Impressions and details about Z3-1 are coming in.

My initial impressions were slightly off the mark on this one. This is very much Supra Robo Gakuken (minus the CCG bullshit). Chapter 18 and your team is still crowding around in school with most of the characters in the same classroom.

As for the original, three things have stood out to change my impression of it. A) It's nowhere near as long-winded or clumsy as Z2's Brasta as it sports much more quicker and stylish attacks. B) It seems to have a much nicer looking Super Robot alt mode, though outside of a brief cameo in Chapter 19 it hasn't shown up as of Chapter 32. And C) it's cockpit looks to have been lifted wholesale from Godannar.

That said, the second original unit is just a goddamn walking pile of spikes and looks unimpressive as hell for now.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »

waiting on mine wont come till monday

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

Impressions and details about Z3-1 are coming in.

My initial impressions were slightly off the mark on this one. This is very much Supra Robo Gakuken (minus the CCG bullshit). Chapter 18 and your team is still crowding around in school with most of the characters in the same classroom.

As for the original, three things have stood out to change my impression of it. A) It's nowhere near as long-winded or clumsy as Z2's Brasta as it sports much more quicker and stylish attacks. B) It seems to have a much nicer looking Super Robot alt mode, though outside of a brief cameo in Chapter 19 it hasn't shown up as of Chapter 32. And C) it's cockpit looks to have been lifted wholesale from Godannar.

That said, the second original unit is just a goddamn walking pile of spikes and looks unimpressive as hell for now.

Chapter 32? The game's only been out for two days; are you speedrunning? (Seriously, it takes me anywhere from 40 minutes to over 2 hours just to beat a single mission in these games. I don't really understand how you could get that far in such a short amount of time.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:01:12 PM by kkhohoho » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2014, 01:12:58 PM »

Chapter 32? The game's only been out for two days; are you speedrunning? (Seriously, it takes me anywhere from 40 minutes to over 2 hours just to beat a single mission in these games. I don't really understand how you could get that far in such a short amount of time.)

Code:
I've been sporadically watching someone livestream it. So far he's made it up to chapter 54.

So the bad news is that all that Gunbuster has going for it is Noriko, the bugs, and the Gunbuster itself, which is a shame because a sizable chunk of this game was spent in a classroom setting which Gunbuster could've easily been fitted into alongside FMP, EVA, Endless Waltz, Code Geass, and so on instead of being dropped into your lap half way through the game and kinda just there for the rest of it. On the plus side, barring any route shenanigans that I may have missed, SEED Destiny got an even shorter stick which is hilarious since the one stage that was set in ORB ended up getting hijacked by the Originals and some of the OO goobers.

I really can't post impressions on the handling of the plot or the cast interactions due to the whole "Japanese illiteracy". At least I can guess based upon series familiarity and its been fairly entertaining for the most part (although a large part of the this is hiding in the D-Trader section which is nigh unto incomprehensible for me; except for the Bonta-kun sketch).

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2014, 01:32:46 AM »

ok so I got my copy today with the game coming with a dlc code for a hd version of an older game I'm assuming. Not much to say, so far the team-up mechanic is interesting and so is the combo system even though that usually takes a bit of planning. Also the protagonists theme song is pretty cool.

just got to stage 23 gundam route, god the bosses hurt so much and are so accurate, time to just grind I guess.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:11:11 AM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/masou-kishin-f-coffin-end-announced-playstation-3

So after 20 odd years (23 if you really want to get technical), the Masou Kishin series is coming to an end.

Hopefully this means that there won't be any MK plot arcs derailing OGs3.

Vasco84

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »

The SRW Z for PS2, is great, high resolution sprites, good music, perfect!

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2014, 10:49:20 AM »

im really disapointed with z3 animations

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »

yeah some of the animations obviously had way more work put into them, namely gurren lagan, nu and zeta gundams. Really disappointed with the final attacks for aquarion and shin getter.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: